Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really struggling at work - 34 weeks now and the braxton hicks are REEEEAL. I'm literally on my feet all day as a teacher and I'm bloody knackered, added in 2 other babes at home so I literally never get any downtime. Seriously regretting agreeing to work right up to my due date :oops:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm really struggling at work - 34 weeks now and the braxton hicks are REEEEAL. I'm literally on my feet all day as a teacher and I'm bloody knackered, added in 2 other babes at home so I literally never get any downtime. Seriously regretting agreeing to work right up to my due date :oops:
I feel your pain - 34 weeks here too and on my feet most of the day, don't know how you do it with 2 other little ones at home too! I've got a 4 hour surgery this afternoon and would seriously consider wearing slippers if I could find a way of making them sterile!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel so disheartened this morning, went for midwife appointment this morning and was supposed to have a sweep (39 weeks) I asked FOUR weeks ago for this, she tried to put me off when I asked but I was insistent so she said she'd need approval from a consultant first but couldn't see why not. Got there this morning she said she hadn't heard from them so it was a no. I've asked to be induced no later than 41 weeks (3rd baby) and she was reluctant about that too and now I feel like that won't happen either. Just feel like all my requests aren't being listened to. This is the same midwife who told me at 40 weeks in my last pregnancy that I'd give birth within 24 hours of having a sweep, I bloody well didn't I went twelve days overdue and was so miserable and now I feel like it's all history repeating itself. I'm so upset I haven't stopped crying since I left 😔 sorry for the rant I'm just emotional - bloody hormones 🙈

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
That’s what I thought, she just asked last week if I could come in today. I didn’t expect to be seen this quickly tbh xx
I’m 6+5 and I was in for an early pregnancy apt this morning too. Was very quick just to see was there a heart beat. Had to have an internal, was completely fine. Hope yours went well

Reactions: 2
I’m 6+5 and I was in for an early pregnancy apt this morning too. Was very quick just to see was there a heart beat. Had to have an internal, was completely fine. Hope yours went well
Ok brilliant, thank you. I hope your app went ok xx

• Heart
I remember having the midwife show me how to make bottles before leaving the ward! 10 whole years ago now 😂 I hope I’m much more prepared this time around haha xxx

I have had an hour long phone call with the midwife asking all the questions last week but I have my first appointment today at lunchtime, do you think it’s wise to discuss a section this early? (I think I’m 6 weeks ish) I don’t want to be laughed at 😂) also does anyone know what they’ll do today? Bloods and urine? Thank you! Xx
I had my booking appointment at 6 weeks, they did everything in it bloods and urine & discussed family history mental health etc and sent my referral to the perinatal mental health team.
I thought it was early I didn’t see them then until my 16 week appointment, felt like a lifetime!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone with a low risk pregnancy who got told they have no more scans after 20 weeks, what's the likeliness of me getting more for growth scans etc? I have a 4D scan booked for when I'm 28 weeks (currently 24) but part of me is a little gutted that at my 20 week scan the sonographer said "this is your last nhs scan"

Reactions: 1
I feel your pain - 34 weeks here too and on my feet most of the day, don't know how you do it with 2 other little ones at home too! I've got a 4 hour surgery this afternoon and would seriously consider wearing slippers if I could find a way of making them sterile!
Oh gosh I don't know how you both do it! I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and have a desk job mainly from home, no other children (just a dog) and I'm finding it a struggle!

Anyone with a low risk pregnancy who got told they have no more scans after 20 weeks, what's the likeliness of me getting more for growth scans etc? I have a 4D scan booked for when I'm 28 weeks (currently 24) but part of me is a little gutted that at my 20 week scan the sonographer said "this is your last nhs scan"
I've had growth scans with all three of mine even though they were all low risk. First one, baby was measuring on track then started measuring a week behind, then two weeks behind so at about 34 weeks I went for a growth scan. She was fine, just small! 2nd baby I had a different midwife at to usual at one appointment (early 3rd trimester) and she measured me three weeks ahead 😆 so she sent me for a growth scan. Again, all was fine, she just measured me differently to how my normal midwife measured me. This baby has measured 2 weeks ahead all along. Normal midwife not concerned, but I went in to the hospital for reduced movements at 31 weeks and the midwife there was concerned so sent me for a growth scan again. In my experience they seem to be pretty vigilant and will send you for one quite readily if they think you need it x

There's a decent chance seeing as how a paper tape measure is kind of a nuts way of tracking things! My first pregnancy I didn't need any, this one I've had one.

Has anyone had any pregnancy related sickness from work? I feel like I need some time off but also really struggle to take time off because I know we'll be short staffed. I'm a nurse but since pregnancy have been entirely non clinical which was fine but I've developed sciatica (haven't seen my GP but I know what it is) which is making sitting for 13hr every other day absolute torture! I'm usually ok on my days off but I've tried all ways of sitting and none are comfortable. I try to stretch regularly but usually have constant calls coming through and nobody else to take them so it doesn't always happen.
I think I just want some validation that it's OK to time time off when I'm in pain 😂 why does it cause so much guilt!?

I've had growth scans with all three of mine even though they were all low risk. First one, baby was measuring on track then started measuring a week behind, then two weeks behind so at about 34 weeks I went for a growth scan. She was fine, just small! 2nd baby I had a different midwife at to usual at one appointment (early 3rd trimester) and she measured me three weeks ahead 😆 so she sent me for a growth scan. Again, all was fine, she just measured me differently to how my normal midwife measured me. This baby has measured 2 weeks ahead all along. Normal midwife not concerned, but I went in to the hospital for reduced movements at 31 weeks and the midwife there was concerned so sent me for a growth scan again. In my experience they seem to be pretty vigilant and will send you for one quite readily if they think you need it x
That's crazy! Does the midwife start measuring your bump at 28 weeks? I don't want the worry of measuring small or big but would love some more free scans 🙈 🤣

There's a decent chance seeing as how a paper tape measure is kind of a nuts way of tracking things! My first pregnancy I didn't need any, this one I've had one.
It definitely does seem nuts! I've always been really skinny so my bump looks small to everyone but to me it l think it looks big because I'm so used to being skinny!

Has anyone had any pregnancy related sickness from work? I feel like I need some time off but also really struggle to take time off because I know we'll be short staffed. I'm a nurse but since pregnancy have been entirely non clinical which was fine but I've developed sciatica (haven't seen my GP but I know what it is) which is making sitting for 13hr every other day absolute torture! I'm usually ok on my days off but I've tried all ways of sitting and none are comfortable. I try to stretch regularly but usually have constant calls coming through and nobody else to take them so it doesn't always happen.
I think I just want some validation that it's OK to time time off when I'm in pain 😂 why does it cause so much guilt!?
Yep, I was moved to non clinical at 18weeks, by 24 weeks I was in agony and I took a week and a half off sick, my manager was pretty lovely about it tbh. When I came back she said she didn't expect me back for another week 😂 no justification needed mama if you're struggling take some time!

I have had low iron this pregnancy, I just told them I would be taking liquid iron and they agreed, I said that I was happy for it to be rechecked as often as they advised and if they weren't happy with the effect of the liquid iron we could then talk about tablets or prescribed liquid or an infusion.
Luckily the liquid I bought has maintained mine (not really raised it but stopped it dipping further) and they've been ok with that.

Remember, it's your choice, all of this is your choice, you can say no to anything they suggest and just come up with a reasonable alternative.

This is reassuring, thank you. I picked up my tablets today, had a big cry when I got home. Tried to take one and failed massively. So waiting to hear back from a doctor about other options

Have also bought myself some more spatone and looking up recipes for iron rich meals that are veggie friendly. I know it won't be enough to raise my levels but it's making me feel like I'm not a lost cause

• Heart
Depends how your pregnancy is later on so they can’t say for sure it will be your last scan. I had a last minute growth scan at about 37 weeks as I was measuring small.

Oh gosh I don't know how you both do it! I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and have a desk job mainly from home, no other children (just a dog) and I'm finding it a struggle!
Pure adrenaline. Although I do think my job has prepared me for lack of sleep! 😄
I didn’t but I probably should have. Work in healthcare like you and at the beginning I was suffering with really bad morning sickness. Went into work and ended up catching Moro virus on top. Should have listened to my body. Take care of yourself and baby first - you are far more important than work, no matter what you do.

Arggghhhh. I need a rant! I live on an island and nurseries are hard to come by as they're full pretty much 24/7. My friend had already warned me about this so at 12 weeks I started to enquire. People put their names down BEFORE THEY ARE EVEN PREGNANT HERE. I have no idea how or why that is allowed. Anyway.

Everywhere is full for babies under 1 and only by chance have I managed to get a space 3 days a week from July 2023 when they turn 1. Due to this I proposed to WFH on a Monday, Tues - Thurs in the office and so they didn't think I was taking the piss with WFH that I'd drop a day and not work on a Friday. I have got a 4 day place when they turn 2, so it would only be for a year.

After WFH for the last almost 2 years and just starting back in the office, I didn't think WFH would be an issue. They have point blank refused my request to WFH 1 day a week for year. All they've said is 'you cannot WFH with a baby'. My job is an office job which I excelled at during lockdown due to its nature. I'm part of an internal function so deal with no clients, externals, etc. My husband works early shifts and is home by 3pm, so I was more than willing to work 3 - 9 etc. But, no.

The maternity policy is tit too. It's 6 weeks at 90% minus gov mat pay. I at least thought they'd try to help out where possible after acknowledging how behind they are compared to similar companies in relation to maternity pay.

I was also willing to WFH after 9 months mat leave mainly bcus I have no idea where I'm going to be financially due to the tit maternity policy and pay. However, they've now forced my hand and out of principle, whether we can afford to or not, I will have to take a full 12 months.

Has anyone else been in a similar position with their work not being flexible or even being open to trialling an idea after maternity? I think I will be considering finding a new job once I've been back x amount of weeks after maternity. They were awful when I had covid in february too... expected me to WFH even though I was very poorly.

• Sad
Has anyone had pre eclampsia in subsequent pregnancies and not their first?
Im waiting in triage to be seen as I came over very suddenly light headed, vomiting and with a pounding head. I’ve got pains under my ribs but I don’t know if that’s from where baby has been kicking. I’ve had protein in my urine since 24 weeks but my midwife I see most weeks isn’t concerned by that and my blood pressure is always on the low side of normal.

Hopefully I won’t have to be waiting too long but I hate that I have to do this without my partner to hold my hand due to hospital restrictions 😩

• Heart
Arggghhhh. I need a rant! I live on an island and nurseries are hard to come by as they're full pretty much 24/7. My friend had already warned me about this so at 12 weeks I started to enquire. People put their names down BEFORE THEY ARE EVEN PREGNANT HERE. I have no idea how or why that is allowed. Anyway.

Everywhere is full for babies under 1 and only by chance have I managed to get a space 3 days a week from July 2023 when they turn 1. Due to this I proposed to WFH on a Monday, Tues - Thurs in the office and so they didn't think I was taking the piss with WFH that I'd drop a day and not work on a Friday. I have got a 4 day place when they turn 2, so it would only be for a year.

After WFH for the last almost 2 years and just starting back in the office, I didn't think WFH would be an issue. They have point blank refused my request to WFH 1 day a week for year. All they've said is 'you cannot WFH with a baby'. My job is an office job which I excelled at during lockdown due to its nature. I'm part of an internal function so deal with no clients, externals, etc. My husband works early shifts and is home by 3pm, so I was more than willing to work 3 - 9 etc. But, no.

The maternity policy is tit too. It's 6 weeks at 90% minus gov mat pay. I at least thought they'd try to help out where possible after acknowledging how behind they are compared to similar companies in relation to maternity pay.

I was also willing to WFH after 9 months mat leave mainly bcus I have no idea where I'm going to be financially due to the tit maternity policy and pay. However, they've now forced my hand and out of principle, whether we can afford to or not, I will have to take a full 12 months.

Has anyone else been in a similar position with their work not being flexible or even being open to trialling an idea after maternity? I think I will be considering finding a new job once I've been back x amount of weeks after maternity. They were awful when I had covid in february too... expected me to WFH even though I was very poorly.
I am in no way saying they are right, but I do kind of see where they are coming from with saying you can't work from home with a baby. I am assuming that they are thinking that you concentration will be split ect. If you're not sure how you're going to afford being home, is there any way you could start looking for online/WFH roles now? Even if the pay isn't fantastic, you might be able to find something to top up your income.

Ive WFH with 3 out of my 4 babies. I started back with the first when he was 5 weeks to help the load then went back 3 days in the office 2 from home when he was 6 months. When I had the next baby, while on Mat leave, I helped a friend out when he was 3 weeks which was WFH. My original job let me go thanks to covid, so I got a permanent job with my friend, until covid ruined that until summer last year and have just started back again with baby who is 11 weeks. In my opinion, they get so much more out of me WFH as I feel I’m always trying to prove I can do it, and would even work evenings and never claim overtime.
With this job though, if I had to go into the office, I can take the baby and even the toddler with me, they are so laid back
My old job HATED mums. We were the first to go when they thought furlough was stopping.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.