Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would've agreed except for I asked to work 3pm-9pm as my husband is home from 3pm. As a multi-jurisdictional company, it would probably work out better having one day where I was 'in a different time zone' so to say. I never said to them that I would be wfh with baby and no support. My husband would be in full charge of baby at that point.. would be respite for me haha!!
Oh, we’ll in that case I would put in a formal written request and ask for their reasons why. If they can’t support you, surely they should give you a good reason instead of just no.

Reactions: 2
I have been so lucky with being able to work from home. For example, I told them I wasn’t working this morning and was able to take the children to soft play. Back online at 12, and will work on and off until 8ish (with school runs and dinner thrown in 😂)
There definitely needs to be more help when it comes to working mums. I don’t understand how lockdowns hasn’t proved it?

Reactions: 6
Just jumping on to ask if I’m ok to take the chewable antacid tablets from morrisons like the peppermint ones for my acid reflux

Just jumping on to ask if I’m ok to take the chewable antacid tablets from morrisons like the peppermint ones for my acid reflux
Rennies are safe in pregnancy. I can't remember if the peppermint ones are, but the orange ones definitely are as I ate them like there was no tomorrow.

Reactions: 1
It’s more to do with what’s in then but if it’s calcium carbonate you’ll be fine.

Thanks so much
I wouldn't have coped without them!

Ladies I'm a bit miserable, 27 weeks and got what I think is a chest infection. Everything hurt before but add coughing to the mix... 😒 Covid tests have all been negative so that's good at least. However having to cross my legs when I cough is wearing thin. 😂

Does anyone know what their progesterone was between 5-6 weeks please? Mine is 13 and they’re saying this is low but everywhere I’ve read it’s normal! I’m so confused 😩

Does anyone know what their progesterone was between 5-6 weeks please? Mine is 13 and they’re saying this is low but everywhere I’ve read it’s normal! I’m so confused 😩
It's not normally something people have measured/or know the results for.
But anything from 11 is normal in the first trimester.
Especially as early as 5 weeks.
What was the purpose of the test?

It's not normally something people have measured/or know the results for.
But anything from 11 is normal in the first trimester.
Especially as early as 5 weeks.
What was the purpose of the test?
my hcg is slow rising it was

48 hours later

48 hours later

I understand this is slow rising so they did a progesterone test to basically tell them more but I’m unsure why they’re saying it’s low when it’s telling me everywhere it’s not!

I wouldn't have coped without them!

Ladies I'm a bit miserable, 27 weeks and got what I think is a chest infection. Everything hurt before but add coughing to the mix... 😒 Covid tests have all been negative so that's good at least. However having to cross my legs when I cough is wearing thin. 😂
Argh scrap that, latest test was positive. 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
my hcg is slow rising it was

48 hours later

48 hours later

I understand this is slow rising so they did a progesterone test to basically tell them more but I’m unsure why they’re saying it’s low when it’s telling me everywhere it’s not!
Have they done a viability scan? 🤔
What was their reason for testing the hcg?
Slow rising isn't always a bad thing. Some people just simply have low hcg.
Myself personally being one of them I don't get a positive test until over a week past my period due because my hcg is always so low!

Got to go back to the pharmacy after work today to get more antibiotics as I have a UTI… again!! This is now the third time since I have been pregnant. Anyone else get them so often??? I feel like there’s something wrong with me, every time I do a urine sample it comes as UTI then the next time it’s clear, then next time it’ll be back!

This is the first time I have had symptoms of one though. I’ve needed the toilet so badly today but when I go there’s barely anything there! It’s a nightmare when I’m at work and only have a toilet break every few hours 😩😩😭

Got to go back to the pharmacy after work today to get more antibiotics as I have a UTI… again!! This is now the third time since I have been pregnant. Anyone else get them so often??? I feel like there’s something wrong with me, every time I do a urine sample it comes as UTI then the next time it’s clear, then next time it’ll be back!

This is the first time I have had symptoms of one though. I’ve needed the toilet so badly today but when I go there’s barely anything there! It’s a nightmare when I’m at work and only have a toilet break every few hours 😩😩😭
I get them ALL the time when pregnant, it's the worst. There is nothing wrong with you pregnancy can just make you more sensitive to them. I'm a nightmare for remembering to drink which is why I get them so I've just got myself a huge water bottle to remind myself to keep drinking. Cranberry juice is supposed to keep them at bay as well x

• Heart
Have they done a viability scan? 🤔
What was their reason for testing the hcg?
Slow rising isn't always a bad thing. Some people just simply have low hcg.
Myself personally being one of them I don't get a positive test until over a week past my period due because my hcg is always so low!
was yours slow rising? Because Im epileptic I was seen by the epu as I discussed my medication etc, they did a scan but seen nothing! No sac no nothing but also nothing in my tubes with no fluid or blood in my abdomen. I’m so confused

• Heart
Reactions: 2
was yours slow rising? Because Im epileptic I was seen by the epu as I discussed my medication etc, they did a scan but seen nothing! No sac no nothing but also nothing in my tubes with no fluid or blood in my abdomen. I’m so confused
I remember seeing your post now!

I only ever had 2 blood tests with my first because I had missed a period and had all the symptoms but negative tests.
Because my hcg was so low, I wasn't getting positives.
At 5, nearly 6 weeks, my hcg was only 200 and in 48 hours it rose to 270.
I was told to basically expect the worst. He's now 13. My test didn't go positive until just before 7 weeks because it was so low.
I had the same issue with my second but didn't bother going for blood tests as I knew from my first it was probably the same.

There is every chance you could be really early. When did you get a positive test?

Reactions: 3
I remember seeing your post now!

I only ever had 2 blood tests with my first because I had missed a period and had all the symptoms but negative tests.
Because my hcg was so low, I wasn't getting positives.
At 5, nearly 6 weeks, my hcg was only 200 and in 48 hours it rose to 270.
I was told to basically expect the worst. He's now 13. My test didn't go positive until just before 7 weeks because it was so low.
I had the same issue with my second but didn't bother going for blood tests as I knew from my first it was probably the same.

There is every chance you could be really early. When did you get a positive test?
I didn’t get a positive test until 28th of feb! I’d been testing everyday! I’ve just had some spotting so I’m expecting that I’m miscarrying 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Yay Tommy! And yay you!! 🎉🎉🎉💖💙

It is daunting when you get home from nicu but soon it’ll feel like he’s always been home with you and the NICU days will behind you.

Will you have outreach support? We had outreach till baby hit 5lbs. Not that we really needed any support but they weighed her regularly and checked heart rate etc.

We were really strict who could come and visit her to begin with. I don’t know what your support is like but we only had our parents and siblings visit initially and they could come if they had colds. Prem babies are very susceptible to RSV and I thought the last thing we need is her ill and back in hospital. Would have broke me.

I couldn’t leave the pregnancy thread for a while either. I felt in limbo of no longer being pregnant when I still should have been but also not having my baby home with me.
Thank you 💙 Not sure about outreach, they haven’t mentioned anything like that yet but no official plans have been made regarding his discharge so I guess it could come then. I imagine they will want to keep an eye on his weight as that’s the last thing we are waiting on really.

Honestly I’d have no one visit if I could! Both of our families are nightmares. Dreading them coming tbh but I will definitely be setting a tit ton of boundaries that’s for sure ✋🏻

• Heart
Thank you 💙 Not sure about outreach, they haven’t mentioned anything like that yet but no official plans have been made regarding his discharge so I guess it could come then. I imagine they will want to keep an eye on his weight as that’s the last thing we are waiting on really.

Honestly I’d have no one visit if I could! Both of our families are nightmares. Dreading them coming tbh but I will definitely be setting a tit ton of boundaries that’s for sure ✋🏻
I found the ONLY saving grace of neonatal was, you could lie about when you are discharged. It was a beautiful thing!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.