Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Well, first pee of the morning and here we have it! I still can’t believe it. I hope you all have a good Monday! I’m starting a bloody new job today 😂
7615BF88-E9E4-4D50-A382-E59490E4A480.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Rxt156

VIP Member
Baby arrived yesterday! It all happened soo fast. Arrived to hospital after 3 hrs contractions and I was already 9 cm dilated and sent everyone into a panic 🤣 a few hours later baby arrived!! ❤👶🏻🍼😀

• Heart
Reactions: 35

jackolantern

VIP Member
Little man is out of his incubator today and into a cot, in his own clothes and back to his birth weight 🥺 can’t believe it’s been two weeks already. Longest and simultaneously shortest two weeks ever 🤣

For such a smol boi he looks so grown up in an outfit 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 33

jackolantern

VIP Member
Holyyyyy shit guys. Everything has just gone crazy fast the past few days and SCBU is now expecting Tommy to be home in DAYS. We are obviously beyond thrilled but also shitting a fucking brick. It's just come out of nowhere, there had been no talk of actual meaningful dates but he is doing so well and is taking all his feeds on his own 😭 I'm so proud of him. Although the greedy little bastard is having *double* the amount of milk he needs and is eating me out of fucking house and home, not going to be able to keep up with him soon 😝

God we have nothing prepared and literally no time in the day to do it between seeing him, looking after the dogs, bloody expressing and a few scraps in between to eat and sleep. I guess this is why they say raising a family takes a village, shame we haven't the village :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
👋🏻 I briefly joined this thread back in December but unfortunately that pregnancy didn’t work out. I got my BFP yesterday although it’s still early days I thought I would join. It will be nice to have some other ladies to talk pregnancy things about as I think I’ll probably be quite anxious this time around.

This will be our second baby. My son is 2 years old. Keeping everything crossed that this baby sticks 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 28

jackolantern

VIP Member
Officially roomed in and Tommy due to come home tomorrow, exactly one month after he was born. Can’t believe it, since this all started it feels like we’ve all been living here for a year honestly. He greeted us with a projectile shit all over the joint, i hope he doesn’t start as he means to go on 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Fauxphiehinchcliffe

Chatty Member
Hi - well my baby boy was born via c section on 14th March. Unfortunately I contracted covid whilst at the hospital 2 days prior for my pre op blood tests (only place I’ve been for weeks and was self isolating ready for the section!). I was discharged within an hour of the positive result, and less than 24 hours after c section. This week has been pretty brutal. I’ve been very poorly with covid, recovering from the birth, trying to bf and have had my 3.5 yr old at home.
I haven’t been seen by anyone since left the hospital - nobody has checked the wound, uterus size, nobody checked Bp (pre eclampsia in first pregnancy and was borderine during delivery and afterward with this baby). No access to any breast feeding support - not even virtual. It’s been so hard, desperately trying to feed but I’ve had such a fever and been struggling to keep fluids down….we’d been topping up with formula and trying to pump but finding time to do all that with a toddler too while the whole house has covid has just been relentless.

i had to fight to get them to come and visit my son for his 5 day checks. I had to stand in the garden while they did his heel prick and hearing test and weight. He lost 7.8% of birth weight and the cut off was 8%- she said they should visit every 2 days to support and monitor Bht won’t because I’m positive. It’s been ridiculous. I cannot believe that 2 years into this pandemic that it is acceptable to provide no aftercare to a woman and baby after birth. It feels like a slap in the face for all the covid positive people I’ve worked withthroughout this pandemic.

my baby boy is perfect and I am totally smitten. Finally getting over the worst of covid and enjoying having a baby again….and just bloody angry at the lack of support and care!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Ss1471

Just been for an early private scan, they dated me at 6 weeks 4 days 🥰 just one baby, in the right place with a good heartbeat! Really nice bit of reassurance whilst waiting for the 12 week scan.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Dak1988

Chatty Member
Been thinking of the lovely ladies who were giving birth this week! Can’t wait to hear your stories ❤❤
Heyyy I’m finally back!!! I had my baby girl on Tuesday at 9.30 via Caesarian and it has been an absolute worldwind!! She was a whopping 9lb9 😂😂 she’s currently in NICU though as she was born with some fluid on her lungs which has caused a small infection but she’s now off the oxygen, the drip and on normal bottles, just waiting on some last bloods to come back and to finish her course of antibiotics then she’ll be home. I cannot believe how much I love her already, she’s just amazing and I can’t stop staring at her 😭🥰 I came home yesterday, had to stay a little longer due to some blood loss which is apparently quite normal with a low placenta but it’s actually not been tooooo bad of an experience so far! I’m in a lot of pain with the cut but on some good drugs and am able to get to and from the hospital to see her quite well, had a wheelchair the first couple of days which was nice 😂 hope everyone else is doing well!!! Can’t wait to hear everyone else’s stories as the weeks and months go on, I can’t leave this thread yet!!!! Xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Fauxphiehinchcliffe

Chatty Member
I am having my baby boy tomorrow!!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 (Planned section). Feels so surreal thinking that this time tomorrow hopefully he will be here.

I am spending today loading up and constantly eating like a hamster as I am not sure how I’ll cope being nil by mouth. I am a breakfast fiend when pregnant 🤪

and lots and lots of cuddles and playing with my 3.5 year old. I have been feeling sad about being away from him but kind of realised last night that when he’s had sleepovers with grandma in the past I’ve seen him every day still but this time I won’t….have to be at the hospital for 7.30am so he’s staying overnight with my mum. I know I’ll be in at least one night so after I’ve dropped him off the earliest I’ll see him again is Tuesday. I feel so tearful about it.

the last few months I’ve had such awful SPD I am feeling so guilty for being a grump and saying no to lifting him up and getting on the floor with him and not going to the park or Farm etc because I need crutches. Sooo hoping recovery is straightforward . I just want to be fun mum again and do all the things we haven’t because of covid and then SPD.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Definitelyme

VIP Member
So as yous know my nausea has been really bad so far I asked my partner to buy me some ice lollies when he goes out today and he got annoyed saying I need to eat meals? I know I should be but if I can’t physically manage I can’t manage 😞
Tell him to fuck off, frankly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Guys… look what’s happened 😆😆😆 I absolutely cannot cope. I’ve just walked into the spare room and they were just sitting there on the floor that I’ve checked HUNDREDS of times!!!! Someone is having me on 😂😂😂😭😭😭

DB90570C-51DD-4AE8-8140-13887625559F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Nayalove96

VIP Member
Hey guys! Just to let you all know I unfortunately miscarried. I’m doing okay and me and my partner feel good enough to try again as we’ve read that you can get pregnant again before you even get your period. Fingers crossed I’ll be seeing you all again soon x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Rxt156

VIP Member
Hi guys I’m getting really worried… im 5 weeks I’ve been cramping like mad for past two days and major TMI but I’ve had the 💩 a couple of times too…, im going to phone dr on Monday but has anyone else experienced this? I’m scared something is wrong
You are going to drive yourself absolutely mad over the next 9 months at this rate. It is easier said than done but you need to relax as the stress will do your body and baby no good either. You might just have the shits. Not everything is related to pregnancy although it may feel like it. I’m trying to be supportive but your posts are very frequent and it’s always something new. Relax and use Google a bit as well!

Reactions: 19

jackolantern

VIP Member
Thanks all, I’ll take both just in case 🙈
how are you doing @jackolantern? Xx
Honestly really shit but Tommy is doing really good so ill take that as a solid win ☺ My BP is still much too high and the edema and protein won’t shift. It’s really taking a toll on me having to go for checks everyday and the stress of what they will show, feel like it won’t ever get better and I’m just in this eternal purgatory. That with visiting a preemie, trying to balance general life and expressing/being nagged about expressing is just too much in honesty. Really struggling to cope but what can you do, just have to be grateful it wasn’t worse 😖

Thank you for asking ❤

• Heart

spacetrash

Bit of an update about the heart defect that was found at our 20 week scan. It's minimal at, the hole in the septum, 1.2mm and they are confident that no other issues, such as a chromosomal abnormality, are present due to low risk on Nuchal Scan and perfect measurements on morphology. They'll do two extra scans to check on the hole and on bubs growth. We are going to be shifted back to the care of the midwives and keep the regular appointment schedule. The OB's were super positive about everything which was a massive relief.
Bub was being cheeky with the heart doppler and kept doing flips to avoid the probe, which was really cool as hadn't felt bub be so active and strong before.

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Today one of my colleagues pointed out that you could see my belly button through my dress and it “looked weird” so that’s great 👍 🙃

• Wow
  • Angry

Tea fairy

Thanks for all of your replies Ladies.... Just sat waiting for the consultant now, but all was fine... nerves settled straight away and we found out we have a 💙 and 💖 in there! X

• Heart

#notanadad

VIP Member
Coming on for my weekly pregnancy whinge 😂 officially "overdue" now due date has passed and I'm utterly fed up 😩 had a sweep today, was 2cm dilated which tbh means f all when you've already given birth twice! Everyone asking "any signs?" NO of course bloody not you'd know if there was. FIL told me I need to move more to get baby to come - how about you fuck off 🤨 because with two toddlers I'm just sat on my arse all day obviously 🙄 I've been miserable all day because I'm fed up of everything which is clearly not allowed because my husband has had a go at me for being arsey all day too! Forgot the last time he had a 7lb+ baby in his pelvis 😤 so overall not a happy pregnant lady today. I've been really positive all the way through and keep telling myself if I have to be induced again that's fine, but after my sweep today (which I don't even feel like I've had seeing as I've not even had a single BH or cramp since 🙄🙄) I just feel deflated so clearly I'd like to go into labour naturally more than Ive been willing to admit. Think it's just because I've never gone into labour naturally and this is our last baby it's like my last chance 😔 I know it's all a bit petty but sometimes you just can't help how you feel can you!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Celeste

Chatty Member
We had a 4d scan yesterday at 26+6. I was a bit apprehensive because of my anterior placenta but the images were so clear. Confirmed that we're definitely having a boy and everyone keeps saying he seems to have my nose and husband's lips so it's lovely to feel that extra little "bond". Highly recommend it if anyone's on the fence about having one. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16