Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in no way saying they are right, but I do kind of see where they are coming from with saying you can't work from home with a baby. I am assuming that they are thinking that you concentration will be split ect. If you're not sure how you're going to afford being home, is there any way you could start looking for online/WFH roles now? Even if the pay isn't fantastic, you might be able to find something to top up your income.
Yes I do sort of agree, obviously it totally depends on your role, but WFH and looking after a little one I've found to be basically impossible on the rare occasion I've tried it, I've always ended up taking annual leave/sick leave to look after my daughter if it's one of my work days and she's not been able to go to childcare for whatever reason.

That said, you'd hope they would be more flexible to do adjusted hours or something like you've said, that sounds like a really good idea.
I would put in a formal flexible working request requesting that change in working hours/pattern and see if they have a good reason for rejecting it.

Reactions: 1
I feel so disheartened this morning, went for midwife appointment this morning and was supposed to have a sweep (39 weeks) I asked FOUR weeks ago for this, she tried to put me off when I asked but I was insistent so she said she'd need approval from a consultant first but couldn't see why not. Got there this morning she said she hadn't heard from them so it was a no. I've asked to be induced no later than 41 weeks (3rd baby) and she was reluctant about that too and now I feel like that won't happen either. Just feel like all my requests aren't being listened to. This is the same midwife who told me at 40 weeks in my last pregnancy that I'd give birth within 24 hours of having a sweep, I bloody well didn't I went twelve days overdue and was so miserable and now I feel like it's all history repeating itself. I'm so upset I haven't stopped crying since I left 😔 sorry for the rant I'm just emotional - bloody hormones 🙈
I had to get my consultants approval before they'd offer me a sweep as I'm consultant led and not midwife led and as I had a consultant appointment at 37 weeks, I said there and then about getting a sweep at 39 weeks and she wrote it in my notes that she's happy for it.
Can you contact your consultant yourself?

You can request an induction at any point as far as I'm aware and they will accept it as long as it's over 40 weeks (I think)
It goes down as a Maternal Request induction.
This is what I had this time as I had a fear of my baby being huge like my second 😂

Reactions: 1
Holyyyyy tit guys. Everything has just gone crazy fast the past few days and SCBU is now expecting Tommy to be home in DAYS. We are obviously beyond thrilled but also shitting a bleeping brick. It's just come out of nowhere, there had been no talk of actual meaningful dates but he is doing so well and is taking all his feeds on his own 😭 I'm so proud of him. Although the greedy little bastard is having *double* the amount of milk he needs and is eating me out of bleeping house and home, not going to be able to keep up with him soon 😝

God we have nothing prepared and literally no time in the day to do it between seeing him, looking after the dogs, bloody expressing and a few scraps in between to eat and sleep. I guess this is why they say raising a family takes a village, shame we haven't the village :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Holyyyyy tit guys. Everything has just gone crazy fast the past few days and SCBU is now expecting Tommy to be home in DAYS. We are obviously beyond thrilled but also shitting a bleeping brick. It's just come out of nowhere, there had been no talk of actual meaningful dates but he is doing so well and is taking all his feeds on his own 😭 I'm so proud of him. Although the greedy little bastard is having *double* the amount of milk he needs and is eating me out of bleeping house and home, not going to be able to keep up with him soon 😝

God we have nothing prepared and literally no time in the day to do it between seeing him, looking after the dogs, bloody expressing and a few scraps in between to eat and sleep. I guess this is why they say raising a family takes a village, shame we haven't the village :ROFLMAO:
Wonderful news! Well done Tommy! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Don’t worry about having stuff prepared, he won’t know! As long as he has a dry bum and somewhere to sleep he will be a happy chappy!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wonderful news! Well done Tommy! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 Don’t worry about having stuff prepared, he won’t know! As long as he has a dry bum and somewhere to sleep he will be a happy chappy!
It's more the mold all over our dump of a rental I'm worried about when the health visitor lands 😭 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Ah yeah fair enough that isn’t great 🙈🙈🙈 just makes sure you have loads of stuff on the floor so she doesn’t look up and see it 🤣
Strategic chaos - love it! Tbf most of it is in the bathroom so if she needs a wee I might just have to deny her and say it's on COVID grounds :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3

That’s made me tear up. I am so FREAKING HAPPY for you! Tommy is a rockstar!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That’s made me tear up. I am so FREAKING HAPPY for you! Tommy is a rockstar!
Thank you 🥺😭🥰 You’ve all been such a support and I love reading all your updates, I can’t bring myself to leave the thread even though I graduated 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m so physically exhausted and mentally drained that I got home from work, slept for nearly 2 hours and then cried when my boyfriend asked what I want for tea. I don’t know how I can keep doing this 😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I had to get my consultants approval before they'd offer me a sweep as I'm consultant led and not midwife led and as I had a consultant appointment at 37 weeks, I said there and then about getting a sweep at 39 weeks and she wrote it in my notes that she's happy for it.
Can you contact your consultant yourself?

You can request an induction at any point as far as I'm aware and they will accept it as long as it's over 40 weeks (I think)
It goes down as a Maternal Request induction.
This is what I had this time as I had a fear of my baby being huge like my second 😂
I'm not consultant led at all, she said she needs it signing off by a consultant because in the trust I'm under their policy is 40 weeks+ apparently, although I haven't actually checked this myself first 🤦‍♀️ So frustrating when the only person you have to contact is one midwife as it makes you feel almost trapped because there is no one else to go to 😔 anyway I've not spent all day feeling sorry for myself like I usually would, I've been kept myself busy cleaning and organising as the nesting urge is in full swing 😂 she's booked me in for one next week when I'm 40 weeks so I'm trying not to be too miserable 😂

• Heart
I’m so physically exhausted and mentally drained that I got home from work, slept for nearly 2 hours and then cried when my boyfriend asked what I want for tea. I don’t know how I can keep doing this 😭😭
I feel you! But you've got this, just take it a day at a time x

Reactions: 2
Hang in there, it's a tough day but you're tough too and hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'm looking forward to a ridiculously early bedtime as I have been up since 4am with a sick toddler, been thrown up on twice today and imagine I'll spend half of tonight up with her too 🤦 not sure this is going to get the oxytocin flowing and kickstart labour 🤣

oh honey 😩💕 I feel you I’m exactly the same. Maternity is almost here these weeks are really flying by. It’s so hard working, keeping on top of the house and been a mama to my girls it’s really hard going. I was seriously considering calling the drs tomorrow because I am really struggling but im going to leave it I have 2 weeks left 🤯 I do 2 days now but because im leaving the work load is stupid and I’ve been in almost daily. I met with the lady who’s taking my place yesterday all seems so real 🥺.

Why is pregnancy sooo glamorized in todays world these influencers etc make it look so easy hassle free when in reality it is HARD!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So true. This will be my third baby and I’ve defiantly found this pregnancy the hardest. Life is so full on day after day it seems like there’s just no time to relax other than the odd hr once my children are in bed. Pregnancy is such a special time but it is also extremely hard in many ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s a love hate relationship for sure. It makes it feel a bit better when you can feel kicks and are bubs on ultrasound but majority of the time it’s bloody rubbish

It’s a love hate relationship for sure. It makes it feel a bit better when you can feel kicks and are bubs on ultrasound but majority of the time it’s bloody rubbish
100%. My first trimester was rubbish, I was barely getting through each day and now at 21 weeks I barely remember what it was like but am so proud of myself for getting through it. Now the challenges are different in second semester with pelvic pain and random insomnia, but feeling the movements of bub and seeing them swim around on ultrasound just makes all the misery worth it.

Ahh, was anyone else mega nervous for their anomaly scan? I have mine this morning (I'm 21 weeks ) and I am so so anxious about it. Just hoping all is ok in there! I think I'm more nervous with it being twins than I was with my son!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
For me I always get nervous with every scan. I’m sure everything will be fine sending love xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.