Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
how do you pick which milk to buy? Or am I just thick? ๐Ÿ˜‚ do you pick and hope for the best? I was a young mum last time and I was totally unprepared for first baby (didnt even pack a hospital bag :/) and im sure my mum bought SMA last time. So this is all new to me (again) if that makes sense haha xx

Obviously young mums are brilliant, Iโ€™m just saying i was young and didnโ€™t have a clue!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I remember being 16, having this baby handed to me and thinking what the hell do I do kmow?! I had to call a midwife in because I had no clue how to change a nappy!!
Fellow young mum here too!! ๐Ÿ˜… I remember being 16, having this baby handed to me and thinking what the hell do I do now?! I had to call a midwife in because I had no clue how to change a nappy!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just pick a random one and hope for the best ๐Ÿ˜‚ I went for aptamil with my first and she was absolutely fine with it so used it for my second and planning on using it for my third now, but obviously if it wasnt agreeing with them I'd look into changing it. Once my first two got to 6 months I switched them to Aldis own because it was cheaper and apparently identical to Aptamil, again neither of them had any problems with it so I'll probably do the same again this time x
Entirely out of interest and lack of experience, if the Aldi one is the same, is there a reason to wait until 6 months to swap?

Fellow young mum here too!! ๐Ÿ˜… I remember being 16, having this baby handed to me and thinking what the hell do I do now?! I had to call a midwife in because I had no clue how to change a nappy!!
Wow I take my hat off to young mothers, especially at 16. I was handed my first at 38 and still hadnt a clue. Can't imagine what it was like at 16! Huge respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Entirely out of interest and lack of experience, if the Aldi one is the same, is there a reason to wait until 6 months to swap?
No specific reason at all really, just didn't want to upset their tummies when they were getting on fine with the aptamil so when I would have swapped to aptamil stage 2, I went for the Aldi stage 2 instead (you can keep them on stage 1 til 12 months if you want). Plus, when they're newborn they go through a lot so I could whack a couple of tins of aptamil on my asda online shop every week but it was harder to get out to Aldi (not one very near!) whereas when they got to 6 months and were weaning they had less milk so it was a bit easier going out to Aldi every so often than it would have been when they were tiny x

• Heart
Had the most disgusting taste in the back on my mouth/throat for 2 days now. :sick: Must have brushed my teeth 20 times in the last day. I cannot be getting sick - supposed to be going on holiday/to a wedding abroad on Thursday. Hope this isnโ€™t a change in my sense of taste as I donโ€™t think I can take it for the next 5 or so weeks!

• Sad
Thought I'd also point out that stage 1 and stage 2 formula is exactly the same stuff.
It's a whole marketing thing where by law, they can't advertise stage 1 milk, they also can't do offers ect. So they created stage 2 milk from 6 months, exactly the same ingredients, to be able to advertise it. Which is why if you see formula adverts, it's for stage 2 follow on milk.

Reactions: 11
Thought I'd also point out that stage 1 and stage 2 formula is exactly the same stuff.
It's a whole marketing thing where by law, they can't advertise stage 1 milk, they also can't do offers ect. So they created stage 2 milk from 6 months, exactly the same ingredients, to be able to advertise it. Which is why if you see formula adverts, it's for stage 2 follow on milk.
I did change to stage 2 when my daughter turned 6 months so I could get the points on my boots card ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ooooooo didnโ€™t know that. Why canโ€™t they advertise stage 1?
Also should I buy Aldi first milk because itโ€™s better value than bigger brands and my almost 2 week old seems to chow down and itโ€™s not lasting very long๐Ÿคฃ

Reactions: 1
Ooooooo didnโ€™t know that. Why canโ€™t they advertise stage 1?
Also should I buy Aldi first milk because itโ€™s better value than bigger brands and my almost 2 week old seems to chow down and itโ€™s not lasting very long๐Ÿคฃ
Because they're not allowed to put offers on formula or advertise it incase it encourages formula feeding over breastfeeding ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Because they're not allowed to put offers on formula or advertise it incase it encourages formula feeding over breastfeeding ๐Ÿ˜Š
Oohhh thanks for your reply! I didnโ€™t know that but it makes sense now

Had the most disgusting taste in the back on my mouth/throat for 2 days now. :sick: Must have brushed my teeth 20 times in the last day. I cannot be getting sick - supposed to be going on holiday/to a wedding abroad on Thursday. Hope this isnโ€™t a change in my sense of taste as I donโ€™t think I can take it for the next 5 or so weeks!
Similarly.... I was (what felt like) sick in my own mouth Saturday night (just a tablespoon or so) so I quickly swallowed it (tasted acidic) and had some mouthwash. Is this even normal?! ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ only happens when I lie down. Hope you feel better soon xxxx ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

Stage 2 milk tends to be cheaper than stage 1 though so for anyone who needs to cut costs it is a good option to change x

I did change to stage 2 when my daughter turned 6 months so I could get the points on my boots card ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Also helpful for boots points ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Œ

Similarly.... I was (what felt like) sick in my own mouth Saturday night (just a tablespoon or so) so I quickly swallowed it (tasted acidic) and had some mouthwash. Is this even normal?! ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ only happens when I lie down. Hope you feel better soon xxxx ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
Yeah I throw up a tiny bit in my mouth semi regularly, just normal pregnancy joys!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Stage 2 milk tends to be cheaper than stage 1 though so for anyone who needs to cut costs it is a good option to change x

Also helpful for boots points ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Œ
I was going to say this is the exact reason we changed this time ๐Ÿ˜‚ because it was 30p cheaper ๐Ÿ˜‚
30p is 30p. I'm not complaining haha

I get this a lot at night, it's acid reflux ๐Ÿ˜” I take Gaviscon before bed now and seems to help!

• Sad
That can be quite common - kind of wish that's what this was - its almost metallic. I have a horrible feeling its sinus related. I've got the sinus pressure headache now so feeling well and truly sorry for myself!

• Sad
I remember having the midwife show me how to make bottles before leaving the ward! 10 whole years ago now ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope Iโ€™m much more prepared this time around haha xxx

I have had an hour long phone call with the midwife asking all the questions last week but I have my first appointment today at lunchtime, do you think itโ€™s wise to discuss a section this early? (I think Iโ€™m 6 weeks ish) I donโ€™t want to be laughed at ๐Ÿ˜‚) also does anyone know what theyโ€™ll do today? Bloods and urine? Thank you! Xx

• Heart
That can be quite common - kind of wish that's what this was - its almost metallic. I have a horrible feeling its sinus related. I've got the sinus pressure headache now so feeling well and truly sorry for myself!
Metallic taste in mouth can be quite common in pregnancy, Iโ€™ve had it since before my period was even late ๐Ÿ˜– but weirdly now all other symptoms such as nausea and tiredness have kicked in it seems to have subsided? But with my son it did come and go throughout my whole pregnancy. Fruity ice lollies helped mine which just seems to be my answer to anything pregnancy related ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 3
I remember having the midwife show me how to make bottles before leaving the ward! 10 whole years ago now ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope Iโ€™m much more prepared this time around haha xxx

I have had an hour long phone call with the midwife asking all the questions last week but I have my first appointment today at lunchtime, do you think itโ€™s wise to discuss a section this early? (I think Iโ€™m 6 weeks ish) I donโ€™t want to be laughed at ๐Ÿ˜‚) also does anyone know what theyโ€™ll do today? Bloods and urine? Thank you! Xx
I think mention it as early as you want. Just say that's what you're planning.

I'm not sure what they'll do. I presume it'll be your booking bloods but they aren't normally until around 10 weeks.
I've not known anywhere to do midwife appointments ect so early but I'd imagine it'd be the same ๐Ÿค”

I think mention it as early as you want. Just say that's what you're planning.

I'm not sure what they'll do. I presume it'll be your booking bloods but they aren't normally until around 10 weeks.
I've not known anywhere to do midwife appointments ect so early but I'd imagine it'd be the same ๐Ÿค”
Thatโ€™s what I thought, she just asked last week if I could come in today. I didnโ€™t expect to be seen this quickly tbh xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.