Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had an itchy body in late pregnancy? I’ve had it the last couple of nights and it’s really annoying, obviously I’ve googled it and it sounds sinister, some kind of liver disease but wasn’t sure if it’s also just part of pregnancy? I have my planned section tomorrow so trying to rest and recuperate today 💆🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Has anyone had an itchy body in late pregnancy? I’ve had it the last couple of nights and it’s really annoying, obviously I’ve googled it and it sounds sinister, some kind of liver disease but wasn’t sure if it’s also just part of pregnancy? I have my planned section tomorrow so trying to rest and recuperate today 💆🏻‍♀️🧘🏻‍♀️
Please mention this to your midwife. It can be cholestasis which needs to be treated and monitored.

I'm going through this today.... Why is she doing this to me and making me worry ? 😔 Only felt a couple of kicks today (usually a lot more). Home doppler had a strong heartbeat at 143 this afternoon. But she's very quiet compared to usual. Only 26 weeks so no established pattern yet and Im hoping she's just in a position where I can't feel her as much x
Think about going to get checked, home dopplers shouldn't be relied on, I'm sure everything is fine but might be worth being reassured.

Reactions: 6
Think about going to get checked, home dopplers shouldn't be relied on, I'm sure everything is fine but might be worth being reassured.
It's 11pm and she has finally kicked and punched me quite a bit since I posted this. Hopefully tomorrow is back to normal 🙏🏻 Thanks Power Babe 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Please mention this to your midwife. It can be cholestasis which needs to be treated and monitored.
Yep that’s what I’d read. Do you think it would be worth me ringing triage today? I’m literally going in at 7.30am tomorrow morning for my section x

Reactions: 2
😔 saw midwife today and my baby, at 41+4 and after being head down for WEEKS, has decided to move and lie transverse! Waiting for midwife to ring with a scan appointment to confirm today but I’m gutted. Was due to have an outpatient induction tomorrow but this will potentially change all my plans 😭 anyone had the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys,

Need opinions. Well I know only I can make this decision but I'm terrible at deciding things anyway and this just has pros and cons either way and I just feel so tearful like either way I'm choosing wrongly.

I had my consultant deciding app today.
I was told before due to severe pgp/spd I could be induced early at 37 weeks. As I am literally sat or laid barely able to move atm. It's been a miserable 2 weeks.
Today they said Induction will be 38 weeks. Possibly 37 but they will probably say 38 now.
Otherwise I've been offered a c section at 39 weeks.
I'd have gone for a c section as I already have a huge phobia of birth but also I can barely get my legs apart, and even with an epidural they have to be careful moving them to causing damage so I don't even know how I'd be examined. I also couldn't walk around, go on a ball etc. Obviously I'm even more terrified by the natural birth now. Family know two people with complications after from going natural when they had it severe so I'm scared, although I know it could be fine obviously.
However a c section is even longer to wait. Another week of this pain I'm in. I know it doesn't just disapear but the thought of another just under 4 weeks fills me with dread.
If induction had definately been 37 though I may have done it just to make this pain now start to stop but it's now gone up to 38 and there's only a week between them now so I feel like just going for c section. However it feels so long away too. And I just don't know if that's the wrong thing to do.
Also I may go into labour beforehand obviously.
Due to the severity of it they offered me to just stay in hospital from now too to be made comfortable. Then they kept saying even if I just do a week in there before the birth on full bed rest.
I feel like no way unless I have to, and they can see how bad it is and I feel like either way is not great.
I was in the hospital a couple weeks back and they were lovely, but so understaffed so I went without drinks etc and I couldn't get up to do it myself, they also had so many women coming in for inductions and being left or stopping them as they had nobody to care for them. So I've been promised all this care for a natural birth but I know it may not happen. I was witness to these poor women.
So can I have opinions? They wanted my decision and signed right then. I just feel tearful as I didn't know what to do Im just in pain, scared and in a way wish they'd just tell me. I'd have gone for c section but another week of it and only a week between them.
Ive been allowed to decide over a couple of days and tell them.
Sorry for the ramble. Bit of an emotional mess in general. Being stuck in one place all day every day is making me think too much I think.
Opinions please? X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I thought I felt the baby move/kick this morning.. it was like a 'thud' feeling! I wasn't sure if it was gas 😂 but I have felt it again this afternoon like another 'thud' feeling... never felt it before, I'm 22+4, will this be what I think ? 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi guys,

Need opinions. Well I know only I can make this decision but I'm terrible at deciding things anyway and this just has pros and cons either way and I just feel so tearful like either way I'm choosing wrongly.

I was told before due to severe pgp/spd I could be induced early at 37 weeks. As I am literally sat or laid barely able to move atm. It's been a miserable 2 weeks.
Today they said Induction will be 38 weeks. Possibly 37 but they will probably say 38 now.
I'd have gone for a c section as I already have a huge phobia of birth but also I can barely get my legs apart, and even with an epidural they have to be careful moving them to causing damage so I don't even know how I'd be examined. I also couldn't walk around, go on a ball etc. Obviously I'm even more terrified by the natural birth now. Family know two people with complications after from going natural when they had it severe so I'm scared, although I know it could be fine obviously.
However a c section is even longer to wait. Another week of this pain I'm in. I know it doesn't just disapear but the thought of another just under 4 weeks fills me with dread.
If induction had definately been 37 though I may have done it just to make this pain now start to stop but it's now gone up to 38 and there's only a week between them now so I feel like just going for c section. However it feels so long away too. And I just don't know if that's the wrong thing to do.
Due to the severity of it they offered me to just stay in hospital from now too to be made comfortable. Then they kept saying even if I just do a week in there before the birth on full bed rest.
I feel like no way unless I have to, and they can see how bad it is and I feel like either way is not great.
I was in the hospital a couple weeks back and they were lovely, but so understaffed so I went without drinks etc and I couldn't get up to do it myself, they also had so many women coming in for inductions and being left or stopping them as they had nobody to care for them. So I've been promised all this care for a natural birth but I know it may not happen. I was witness to these poor women.
So can I have opinions? They wanted my decision and signed right then. I just feel tearful as I didn't know what to do Im just in pain, scared and in a way wish they'd just tell me. I'd have gone for c section but another week of it and only a week between them.
Sorry for the ramble. Bit of an emotional mess in general. Being stuck in one place all day every day is making me think too much I think.
Opinions please? X
Oh poor you, that sounds so rough! 😢 I have no experience on this to give you advice but reading what you say about your fear of natural birth, the pains in your legs when opening them and potential complications, I’d probably choose c-section (not denying though it’s major surgery with a long recovery time). No matter what you choose will be correct for your little bubba. I hope you’re ok x

I thought I felt the baby move/kick this morning.. it was like a 'thud' feeling! I wasn't sure if it was gas 😂 but I have felt it again this afternoon like another 'thud' feeling... never felt it before, I'm 22+4, will this be what I think ? 🥰
Yep! That’s them! That’s exactly how mine feel. The cutest little thuds ever 🥰 although I’ve been feeling them since 17 weeks so I’m a little nervous about kicks in later pregnancy 😂

• Heart
Hi guys,

Opinions please? X
What a miserable place for you to be ❤❤❤ It really is a choice only you can make, and I usually find that when it comes to big decisions our heart does always know which one we want, even if we are hesitant to listen. I will say that even during my sections your legs do get lifted and manoeuvred around, up in stirrups etc as they deal with everything (so gross, I just pretend it’s not happening 🤣) so it isn’t quite as simple as c section means your legs/hips won’t be moved in that way, albeit for a much shorter space of time.

• Heart
Hi guys,

Opinions please? X
Oh bless you,it’s a big decision! If you’re happy to wait for the C-section the yes do that.
However I will give you a glimmer of hope with the pgp, I had it horrendous in my pregnancy to the point I would see an osteopath weekly just to get some relief. I couldn’t get in and out the shower on my own, walking was out of the question, I would spend my days in tears because of the pain.
I was induced which was unrelated tbf and my midwife was amazing, I spent most my time on all 4’s when pushing and it helped massively. I requested I was not put in stirrups, that my legs were not forced open by anyone. I was supposed to have a water birth but due to the induction and the baby being born in the first lockdown of 2020, the pools were out of action. I did require an osteopath for about 3 months after giving birth as I was breastfeeding and the relaxin is still produced the same as in pregnancy, so I was still suffering with the pgp. (Best bit? Not a single twinge of pgp this pregnancy!).

Whatever you decide, you’re doing it for the right reasons. Sending you positive labour dust x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi guys,

Opinions please? X
I don’t have any advice but really thinking of you. I know you were scared of a vaginal birth so maybe the C section would be the best option but that’s easier said than done when you are in a lot of pain. Do what you feel will be right for you and rest up as much as you can. Sorry I wish I could say something more useful X

• Heart
I'm definitely at the stage of pregnancy where every tiny thing is irritating me where normally I'm quite laid back!
Just had a message from my MIL to ask for ideas of what to get our toddler as a gift when the baby arrives. Now that's very sweet however I'm getting annoyed that she hasn't asked that on the group chat I have with her and my husband (which we use for pretty much just childcare etc chat/family arrangements), like why does it have to be up to me rather than both of us?
I've already sorted the gift for the baby from the toddler, the gift for the toddler from the baby and gifts for both from my parents.
Anyway, this is a silly rant because I'm being very unfair as she's just trying to do something nice but everything is annoying me right now!

• Heart
I'm going through this today.... Why is she doing this to me and making me worry ? 😔 Only felt a couple of kicks today (usually a lot more). Home doppler had a strong heartbeat at 143 this afternoon. But she's very quiet compared to usual. Only 26 weeks so no established pattern yet and Im hoping she's just in a position where I can't feel her as much x
Please don't use a home doppler as reassurance.
Go get checked if you're even the slightest bit worried 😊

Hey, does anybody here have experience of having low iron?

I had a call today from a not very understanding lady at my doctors. She told me my levels are 90? And need to be at least 105, ive been given a prescription for some iron pills to take twice a day - I did explain to her that I really can't swallow pills (I can't even manage paracetamol) and she suggested I tried taking them with some jam or marmalade 🙈

I did try to explain I had previously bought spatone and was about the discuss the idea of increasing the iron in my diet as an option but she barely gave me a chance.

Anybody else been in a similar situation? Honestly nearly cried at work after I spoke to her 🙈

Reactions: 1
Hey, does anybody here have experience of having low iron?

I had a call today from a not very understanding lady at my doctors. She told me my levels are 90? And need to be at least 105, ive been given a prescription for some iron pills to take twice a day - I did explain to her that I really can't swallow pills (I can't even manage paracetamol) and she suggested I tried taking them with some jam or marmalade 🙈

I did try to explain I had previously bought spatone and was about the discuss the idea of increasing the iron in my diet as an option but she barely gave me a chance.

Anybody else been in a similar situation? Honestly nearly cried at work after I spoke to her 🙈
I have had low iron this pregnancy, I just told them I would be taking liquid iron and they agreed, I said that I was happy for it to be rechecked as often as they advised and if they weren't happy with the effect of the liquid iron we could then talk about tablets or prescribed liquid or an infusion.
Luckily the liquid I bought has maintained mine (not really raised it but stopped it dipping further) and they've been ok with that.

Remember, it's your choice, all of this is your choice, you can say no to anything they suggest and just come up with a reasonable alternative.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Dr has prescribed me cyclizine for my nausea just wondering if anyone has taken this?

Dr has prescribed me cyclizine for my nausea just wondering if anyone has taken this?
Yes with both pregnancies. I’ll be honest though it didn’t do all that much for me, made me sleepy and took the edge off a little but I still felt crap 😬Hopefully it works for you though

Yes with both pregnancies. I’ll be honest though it didn’t do all that much for me, made me sleepy and took the edge off a little but I still felt crap 😬Hopefully it works for you though
Thanks I’m just really struggling with this sickness but hesitant to take stuff 😩

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.