Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does everyone iron baby clothes?😩😂🙈
I have done now they’re all freshly washed, I even ironed the crib sheets 😳
In my defence it got me away from the football and the mood after

Whether I’ll keep it up is a different story 😂

Reactions: 3
Does everyone iron baby clothes?😩😂🙈
100% 😂 baby hasn't been born yet but everything is washed and ironed, and once he's here and starts wearing it all I'll be ironing it everytime it's been washed too 😂 yep, even vests, pyjamas and muslins 👌 I'll probably iron the vests and pyjamas until he's about 6 months and after that I'll stop (I don't iron my order childrens pyjamas and vests anymore) but I just can't help it when they're babies 😭😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I am having my baby boy tomorrow!!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 (Planned section). Feels so surreal thinking that this time tomorrow hopefully he will be here.

I am spending today loading up and constantly eating like a hamster as I am not sure how I’ll cope being nil by mouth. I am a breakfast fiend when pregnant 🤪

and lots and lots of cuddles and playing with my 3.5 year old. I have been feeling sad about being away from him but kind of realised last night that when he’s had sleepovers with grandma in the past I’ve seen him every day still but this time I won’t….have to be at the hospital for 7.30am so he’s staying overnight with my mum. I know I’ll be in at least one night so after I’ve dropped him off the earliest I’ll see him again is Tuesday. I feel so tearful about it.

the last few months I’ve had such awful SPD I am feeling so guilty for being a grump and saying no to lifting him up and getting on the floor with him and not going to the park or Farm etc because I need crutches. Sooo hoping recovery is straightforward . I just want to be fun mum again and do all the things we haven’t because of covid and then SPD.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am having my baby boy tomorrow!!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 (Planned section). Feels so surreal thinking that this time tomorrow hopefully he will be here.

I am spending today loading up and constantly eating like a hamster as I am not sure how I’ll cope being nil by mouth. I am a breakfast fiend when pregnant 🤪

and lots and lots of cuddles and playing with my 3.5 year old. I have been feeling sad about being away from him but kind of realised last night that when he’s had sleepovers with grandma in the past I’ve seen him every day still but this time I won’t….have to be at the hospital for 7.30am so he’s staying overnight with my mum. I know I’ll be in at least one night so after I’ve dropped him off the earliest I’ll see him again is Tuesday. I feel so tearful about it.

the last few months I’ve had such awful SPD I am feeling so guilty for being a grump and saying no to lifting him up and getting on the floor with him and not going to the park or Farm etc because I need crutches. Sooo hoping recovery is straightforward . I just want to be fun mum again and do all the things we haven’t because of covid and then SPD.
I absolutely feel you with being away from older siblings. It is the one thing about going in to have a baby (mine have always been induced or sections so always know the date) that I worry myself silly about. They’ve always been fine, and never even seem bothered, but I worry the whole time. I usually Skype them over breakfast, and again at dinner time (and in the past they’ve been able to visit but of course stupid Covid 😰). So I don’t have anything helpful to say except it’s a horrible feeling and sending you love. And good luck for tomorrow! Can’t wait to hear your news 😰💙💙

Reactions: 4
I absolutely feel you with being away from older siblings. It is the one thing about going in to have a baby (mine have always been induced or sections so always know the date) that I worry myself silly about. They’ve always been fine, and never even seem bothered, but I worry the whole time. I usually Skype them over breakfast, and again at dinner time (and in the past they’ve been able to visit but of course stupid Covid 😰). So I don’t have anything helpful to say except it’s a horrible feeling and sending you love. And good luck for tomorrow! Can’t wait to hear your news 😰💙💙
This is my main worry too, I've only had two nights away from my toddler (1 night apart twice) and as you say, I've usually seen her in the afternoon and then the next morning.
I know logically that she will be fine but it'll be really hard if I have to stay in for longer than 1 or 2 nights altogether!

• Heart
This is my main worry too, I've only had two nights away from my toddler (1 night apart twice) and as you say, I've usually seen her in the afternoon and then the next morning.
I know logically that she will be fine but it'll be really hard if I have to stay in for longer than 1 or 2 nights altogether!
I won’t lie, I usually have a little cry about it when I’ve finished FaceTiming them. But they never seem to mind because they get treated so super specially by dad and the grandparents while I’m in hospital, such a big fuss for them that it’s exciting.Definitely harder for us than them ❤

Reactions: 6
Hospital bags are both packed now 😁🥳 it was a tight squeeze but I got there in the end! Ready for me to unpack and repack hundreds of time before she arrives I am sure.

I just need to go and purchase another box of the formula milks that I already bought and lost and we are all ready to go! Feel a lot better now I know I won’t have to rely on Mr Rita finding stuff for me 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hospital bags are both packed now 😁🥳 it was a tight squeeze but I got there in the end! Ready for me to unpack and repack hundreds of time before she arrives I am sure.

I just need to go and purchase another box of the formula milks that I already bought and lost and we are all ready to go! Feel a lot better now I know I won’t have to rely on Mr Rita finding stuff for me 🤣
Make sure you go through with him where everything is though, you don't want to have to be trying to describe to him what you want and where it is when you're in labour or immediately recovering from a section!

Reactions: 3
Make sure you go through with him where everything is though, you don't want to have to be trying to describe to him what you want and where it is when you're in labour or immediately recovering from a section!
Great tip thankyou! Will definitely do that nearer the time because he will forget within 12 minutes if I tell him now

• Haha
Reactions: 5
thank you- sooooo tearful now. Have dropped him off at my mums and come home. Very upset. Going to have a can of alcohol free gin and tonic and try and have an early night after tea I think. Feel so delicate.Hes been a bloody angel today, so well behaved and funny and affectionate. The last few weeks he has been an absolute horror and I’ve been needing a reminder why we ever thought it was a good idea to have a second !

thank you for your love and understanding. Just want him to be here and us to be on our way home now 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hahaha you know as soon as you buy the replacements you will find the originals 🤦🏻‍♀️

glsd the bags are packed. I’ve redone mine today to try and squeeze a towel in…can’t ! Have decided will take that separately in a bag for life with a pillow as well. I hve been frugal packing wise but still feel like soo many bags (one small overnight/hold all type for me, cabin suitcase for baby and dad and a changing bag with extra clothes, nappies etc in for baby and some snacks for us). Now this bag for life too.

did notice earlier on repacking them that my toddler had put some wooden aliens and cars and things in so was glad I’d gone back through them 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
thank you- sooooo tearful now. Have dropped him off at my mums and come home. Very upset. Going to have a can of alcohol free gin and tonic and try and have an early night after tea I think. Feel so delicate.Hes been a bloody angel today, so well behaved and funny and affectionate. The last few weeks he has been an absolute horror and I’ve been needing a reminder why we ever thought it was a good idea to have a second !

thank you for your love and understanding. Just want him to be here and us to be on our way home now 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hahaha you know as soon as you buy the replacements you will find the originals 🤦🏻‍♀️

glsd the bags are packed. I’ve redone mine today to try and squeeze a towel in…can’t ! Have decided will take that separately in a bag for life with a pillow as well. I hve been frugal packing wise but still feel like soo many bags (one small overnight/hold all type for me, cabin suitcase for baby and dad and a changing bag with extra clothes, nappies etc in for baby and some snacks for us). Now this bag for life too.

did notice earlier on repacking them that my toddler had put some wooden aliens and cars and things in so was glad I’d gone back through them 😂😂
Aw best of luck tomorrow lovely. I panic about leaving my little boy when it's time for me to have baby but I bet they'll have the time of their lives!! Hope you manage to get a good interrupted nights sleep!! Xx

Aw best of luck tomorrow lovely. I panic about leaving my little boy when it's time for me to have baby but I bet they'll have the time of their lives!! Hope you manage to get a good interrupted nights sleep!! Xx
my bloody bladder gets me up every2 hours at least🤦🏻‍♀️ It’ll be a relief having a catheter tomorrow 😂😂

thank you. Kid 1 will be having a great time - fruit shoots and treats from grandmas treat jar on demand im sure 🤪

• Heart

I’ve got a towel in! I’m sure over the next few weeks I’ll think of other stuff I want in there too 🤣 I’ve got a cabin suitcase for me, a changing bag for baby and then a bag for life with snacks, a big cardigan, nursing pillow and anything else I’ve forgotten that I can just throw in! Feeling sooo much better now. Good luck for tomorrow ❤

Reactions: 5
my bloody bladder gets me up every2 hours at least🤦🏻‍♀️ It’ll be a relief having a catheter tomorrow 😂😂

thank you. Kid 1 will be having a great time - fruit shoots and treats from grandmas treat jar on demand im sure 🤪
good luck tomorrow 🍀 looking forward to hearing baby news!
I was always up multiple times every single night for a wee when I was pregnant, the catheter was actually a dream whilst I was in hospital 😂 I now fully appreciate being able to go more than 1-2 hours without having to go to the bathroom.

• Heart

Good luck for tomorrow 🤍 mines booked for Tuesday! Such an exciting but surreal time xxx

• Heart
So I’ve been saying for ages I wanted to go away before the baby is born, for our last break just the two of us and also because it’s Mr Rita’s birthday a similar time to when I’m due so he won’t get much of a celebration this year!

Anyway, I’m off over Easter so we’ve just booked a 3 night stay in a lovely little cottage just under 1.5 hours away. I’ll be 34 weeks by this point and I’m now panicking this is a bad idea. Someone tell me it isn’t please and it’s going to be lovely 🤣😁 I will of course take my hospital notes with me and chuck my bag in the boot in case.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.