Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’ve been saying for ages I wanted to go away before the baby is born, for our last break just the two of us and also because it’s Mr Rita’s birthday a similar time to when I’m due so he won’t get much of a celebration this year!

Anyway, I’m off over Easter so we’ve just booked a 3 night stay in a lovely little cottage just under 1.5 hours away. I’ll be 34 weeks by this point and I’m now panicking this is a bad idea. Someone tell me it isn’t please and it’s going to be lovely 🤣😁 I will of course take my hospital notes with me and chuck my bag in the boot in case.
It will be great! Statistically speaking it’s very unlikely anything will happen spontaneously then, so unless you have issues in the run up then you shouldn’t have any cause to worry at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I’ve been saying for ages I wanted to go away before the baby is born, for our last break just the two of us and also because it’s Mr Rita’s birthday a similar time to when I’m due so he won’t get much of a celebration this year!

Anyway, I’m off over Easter so we’ve just booked a 3 night stay in a lovely little cottage just under 1.5 hours away. I’ll be 34 weeks by this point and I’m now panicking this is a bad idea. Someone tell me it isn’t please and it’s going to be lovely 🤣😁 I will of course take my hospital notes with me and chuck my bag in the boot in case.
Not a bad idea at all- I flew to a remote mountain area in Europe at 33 weeks last month and didn’t even think to take my notes with me (although admittedly not taking notes probs wasn’t v.sensible). I had a brill time away, enjoyed one last break just the two of us and really needed the rest from work stress. I would definitely do it again. I had checked with my midwife before I went and had a fit to fly certificate so felt relatively confident it would be fine.

Your approach staying in the same country close by sounds like a really good idea and a lovely chance to get away. Plus far more sensible than my slightly carefree getaway pretending as if I wasn’t transporting a bowling ball under my top 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6

You will absolutely fine. We’re going away for a few days over Easter and I’m on my third baby will be around 34/35 weeks. It will do you good before baby is here to have a nice break just you and your partner.

• Heart
Hello all I get induced tomorrow morning I'm bricking it ! Any positive induction story's thankyou

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thankyou all for your kind helpful words ❤ I’m really looking forward to it I just suddenly doubted myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello all I get induced tomorrow morning I'm bricking it ! Any positive induction story's thankyou
Aw good luck! I had two fab inductions, both times I had my waters broke but one where contractions didn't start naturally so I had the drip (highly recommend an epidural if that's the case!) baby born 10 hours after first contraction but I just slept and chatted to hubby/my mum all day whilst I waited to be fully dilated because obviously with the epidural there was no pain! Second time I started contractions 2 hours after waters were broke, baby was born two hours after that!! Super quick and just gas and air 🥰 both times I was 3cm dilated when I went in for the induction though so not really helpful if you're not dilated yet, sorry!! Xxx

Reactions: 2
Please tell me it’s not 9 months of sore boobs? Do they settle?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Please tell me it’s not 9 months of sore boobs? Do the settle?
mine settled, they were so painful in the first trimester, to the point it hurt to even touch them! But it stopped in the second trimester and didn’t return for me.

• Heart
I've had 3 inductions 😊
All positive and if I had another pregnancy and needed another induction, I'd gladly take it again 😊

• Heart
On the subject of holidays, I’m debating going to turkey for 10 days at the end of July/start of august. I’ll be around 21 weeks pregnant. What’s everyone’s thoughts? I was initially going to go for a week at the end of may but the prices are more or less the same to go in the summer. I know it will be really hot and normally I love the heat but just don’t know if it’s silly when pregnant?

On the subject of holidays, I’m debating going to turkey for 10 days at the end of July/start of august. I’ll be around 21 weeks pregnant. What’s everyone’s thoughts? I was initially going to go for a week at the end of may but the prices are more or less the same to go in the summer. I know it will be really hot and normally I love the heat but just don’t know if it’s silly when pregnant?
I think at 21 weeks you’ll be fine. I’m going to Portugal at 22 weeks and not really concerned, you won’t be that big and I think you feel best during the second trimester. Just make sure you discuss with your midwife, take your notes with you and make sure your insurance covers pregnancy!

• Heart
You should be fine! I'm going to Croatia in May and I'll be 23 weeks by then. I spoke to my midwife about it and she said it would be fine. Just to take my notes and make sure to get insurance that covers for pregnancy incase anything happens! So if you're low risk then I'd say go for it!

• Heart
I had an induction with my daughter. I went in at 9am, by 12pm I was having regular contractions and she was born by 4:30pm and it was by far my best birth! You will be just fine xx

I went to Rhodes for a week at the beginning of September, I think I was about 15/16 weeks then. I was fine with the heat, I drank plenty of water. I also had morning sickness but as soon as I was in the sun & sea I felt a million times better!

• Heart
I’m not sure my heart can take another 11 weeks of me panicking and stressing about reduced movements!!! This baby really likes to worry me already 😩😩😩
I'm going through this today.... Why is she doing this to me and making me worry ? 😔 Only felt a couple of kicks today (usually a lot more). Home doppler had a strong heartbeat at 143 this afternoon. But she's very quiet compared to usual. Only 26 weeks so no established pattern yet and Im hoping she's just in a position where I can't feel her as much x

It's not silly, just remember it's prime time for their heatwave that time of year, so just keep applying suncream more often than you would pre pregnancy as you will catch the sun easier, plenty of shade when the sun becomes over whelming and plenty of fluids. Turkey sell an amazing rehydration drink called Tang if you start getting fed up of water😂 We lived off it one Holiday its my favourite! And mostly enjoy yourself!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.