Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s 9:30 on a Saturday night and I’m sat on the nursery floor organising baby grows 🤦‍♀️ I’ve started and I can’t stop
Mine aren't organised as I'm waiting for furniture to arrive but I really enjoyed making a list if which items I had in which size, I then rewrote it so it was neater and used that list to make a shopping list of things I need 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mine aren't organised as I'm waiting for furniture to arrive but I really enjoyed making a list if which items I had in which size, I then rewrote it so it was neater and used that list to make a shopping list of things I need 😂
Why does this sound like my idea of fun, I need to get a life

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s 9:30 on a Saturday night and I’m sat on the nursery floor organising baby grows 🤦‍♀️ I’ve started and I can’t stop
omg I only wish I was this organised 😅. 30 weeks nothing is up for baby yet nothing is washed. I feel very unorganised actually probably the most unorganised for a baby I’ve been 😩. I just don’t get a minute I’m supposed to be working just 2 days but got so much on before I finish it’s pretty much every day then been my childrens pa and taxi driver 😅. I really need to get my bum into action.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How early can we wash the baby clothes does anyone know? Obviously not too early, but id rather not leave it until the week before if I can help it 😘
I started washing around 26 weeks, only because the weather was beautiful and there was no better sight than all the tiny baby grows and vests hung on the line😍
Theres no right or wrong time to start washing! It's an enjoyable experience IMO!🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I started washing around 26 weeks, only because the weather was beautiful and there was no better sight than all the tiny baby grows and vests hung on the line😍
Theres no right or wrong time to start washing! It's an enjoyable experience IMO!🤩
Thank you. I'm also 26 weeks, and it's Autumn here in Australia so would rather get onto it while I can still dry stuff outside. Won't the bacteria regrow in 15 weeks or I'm not quite sure why we need to wash everything (but happy to do so) 😘😘

Reactions: 1
Thank you. I'm also 26 weeks, and it's Autumn here in Australia so would rather get onto it while I can still dry stuff outside. Won't the bacteria regrow in 15 weeks or I'm not quite sure why we need to wash everything (but happy to do so) 😘😘
I'm not sure about bacteria tbh?! I just washed it packed what we needed for the hospital and then the rest went into their new draws. Tbf, there's still some stuff in the draws that they never wore and when I open them I can smell the softener on them😍.
I think so long as they're being stored somewhere clean and dry you should be fine?!
I was just a really egar beaver as I knew my time was limited and it was recommended for me to be packed by 28weeks.
I didn't do any washing till I was around 29-30 weeks with my eldest.

Basically you should wash all clothing you buy, for hygiene reasons. And anything that’s been in storage for a bit just to freshen it up? In saying that some of the baby clothes I had stored still smelt like baby 🥰

I asked my midwife this with my first and she told me 4-6 weeks before because they can collect dust or something just sitting in a drawer.
(not that I've ever pulled any of my own clothes out and seen dust 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I asked my midwife this with my first and she told me 4-6 weeks before because they can collect dust or something just sitting in a drawer.
(not that I've ever pulled any of my own clothes out and seen dust 😂)
Ooops , too late 🥴 37 degrees here today so took advantage. I'll disinfect the drawers they're going into and they'll be in a spare room cupboard. Might even get some vacuum bags tomorrow just to be sure x

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We had a 4d scan yesterday at 26+6. I was a bit apprehensive because of my anterior placenta but the images were so clear. Confirmed that we're definitely having a boy and everyone keeps saying he seems to have my nose and husband's lips so it's lovely to feel that extra little "bond". Highly recommend it if anyone's on the fence about having one. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How early can we wash the baby clothes does anyone know? Obviously not too early, but id rather not leave it until the week before if I can help it 😘
I’ve started washing this weekend so I can do a bit every weekend for the next few weeks while I’m at work! Trying to give myself fun things to look forward to get me through the last few working weeks 😆 never thought I’d say washing was fun but there we go!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve started washing this weekend so I can do a bit every weekend for the next few weeks while I’m at work! Trying to give myself fun things to look forward to get me through the last few working weeks 😆 never thought I’d say washing was fun but there we go!
Omg baby clothes are SO easy to hang out, takes no time at all compared to adult clothes! I'm 25+3 so not too far behind you with starting the laundry thing 😘

Reactions: 1
I made a full on spreadsheet to keep track of mine 😂😂😂

I'm desperate to get it all washed and put away but we need to build a wardrobe and decorate first

We had a 4d scan yesterday at 26+6. I was a bit apprehensive because of my anterior placenta but the images were so clear. Confirmed that we're definitely having a boy and everyone keeps saying he seems to have my nose and husband's lips so it's lovely to feel that extra little "bond". Highly recommend it if anyone's on the fence about having one. 😊
I recommend too if you can get one! We had ours at 28+5… I wasn’t sure because of the price but it was amazing! They confirmed girl for us and I can’t stop watching the videos 🥰🥰 she kept sucking her thumb and yawning ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.