Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you're nervously awaiting the results of the glucose tolerance test and a letter arrives from the hospital... 😬

... Telling you that you need the Anti-D injection. Never thought any sort of injection invitation would feel like a relief. 😂

Reactions: 2
Are you Ok today @Chrisxo
im okay, thank you. Im still in bed as last night I got up to toilet and I dunno what came over me I honestly thought I was going to pass out I went limp was horrible so now im scared to get up. He’s been coming up to check on me

• Sad
Reactions: 3
When you're nervously awaiting the results of the glucose tolerance test and a letter arrives from the hospital... 😬

... Telling you that you need the Anti-D injection. Never thought any sort of injection invitation would feel like a relief. 😂
How long has it been?
It won't be a letter, it'll be a phone call, usually anyway. And usually within a week 😊
If you don't hear anything though, it means it's fine and your midwife will just confirm it at your next appointment

• Heart
How long has it been?
It won't be a letter, it'll be a phone call, usually anyway. And usually within a week 😊
If you don't hear anything though, it means it's fine and your midwife will just confirm it at your next appointment
It was on Tuesday so I'm feeling more hopeful as time goes on! Thank you for the reassurance.😊

Has anyone got any words of wisdom for not feeling like a totally tit mum?
I am 39 weeks and quite anaemic and honestly I'm just shattered but I feel like I'm letting my 2 year old down, she just wants to play all the time (and always wants me, not her dad despite him always trying to get her to play!), and I just don't feel able to. Plus I feel super hormonal and emotional for the first time in this pregnancy and keep finding myself either nearly bursting into tears or getting frustrated with her when it's not her fault really.

Don't really know what I'm looking for, just some wisdom from people who've been there and survived it I guess!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I am 39 weeks and quite anaemic and honestly I'm just shattered but I feel like I'm letting my 2 year old down, she just wants to play all the time (and always wants me, not her dad despite him always trying to get her to play!), and I just don't feel able to. Plus I feel super hormonal and emotional for the first time in this pregnancy and keep finding myself either nearly bursting into tears or getting frustrated with her when it's not her fault really.

Don't really know what I'm looking for, just some wisdom from people who've been there and survived it I guess!
been there x3 and always survived. It feels absolutely tit but she won’t ever remember this time so she won’t be scarred for life. And in a few short weeks it will all be done and dusted. These things always seem so much worse for us, they still view us as their mummy who they love. Lots of reading books together, and other quiet activities like play doh, let her have day time baths etc when you can sit down, things where you don’t have to do much but can be present with her. And be kind to yourself, this isn’t forever and is for the greater good to make your family grow ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Aw I went for a reassurance scan today I thought I’d be 8 weeks on Monday but I’m only 5. I’m relieved and happy but a bit disappointed because I’ve got ages to wait 🤣 going back in 2 weeks to see the heartbeat

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I'm in the same boat with a 4 year old, finish work in 9 days and I'm just hoping that gives me some energy before baby2 comes. We've been doing lots of baking (ready made cookie dough, cheap cake kits etc so it's simple and less mess) slime baths so I can just sit in there watching her and tbh a lot of netflix and disney+ whilst we snuggle up in my bed and she feels like it's a treat 🤣 we are normally the type to be up and out first thing on a morning so no lazy mornings in bed etc.

I'm getting through feeling like a rubbish parent by just thinking of how much fun we will be able to have once baby is here and I'm not working anymore. This is just a short moment of time and we will have the rest of the year to make memories 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5

no words of wisdom as such but im going through the same thing. I have a nearly 2 year old who is not sleeping well and I am freaking out that I am going to have a newborn and a toddler that don’t sleep and I don’t deal well with no sleep myself! And then I’m cranky and don’t feel like playing and then I feel like crap. And repeat!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
To anyone in their 1st trimester.....
I got my BFP at the start of this week so not even 5 wks pregnant with baby #2. I've been getting VERY subtle period type pains (exactly like the ones you get the days leading up to your period) throughout most days, no bleeding though thankfully. Is this normal? I don't remember having it with my first and keep telling myself every pregnancy is different.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I got my BFP at the start of this week so not even 5 wks pregnant with baby #2. I've been getting VERY subtle period type pains (exactly like the ones you get the days leading up to your period) throughout most days, no bleeding though thankfully. Is this normal? I don't remember having it with my first and keep telling myself every pregnancy is different.
Congratulations 🎉

I’m 11 weeks and until about week 7/8 I had period pains, mainly back and sometimes stomach. So completely normal!
If you’re worried though, reach out to your early pregnancy unit and they’ll advise properly. Have you got a booking appointment yet?

no words of wisdom as such but im going through the same thing. I have a nearly 2 year old who is not sleeping well and I am freaking out that I am going to have a newborn and a toddler that don’t sleep and I don’t deal well with no sleep myself! And then I’m cranky and don’t feel like playing and then I feel like crap. And repeat!
Thank you so much to everyone that replied, definitely made me feel a lot better!
I think I'm just having a bit of a hormonal/down day too so everything feels worse.

I also really feel this! I spent from 2am-3:30 in our toddler's room last night getting her back to sleep and there's been a lot of that throughout the pregnancy, I think we will just be zombies all the time!

• Heart
Aw I went for a reassurance scan today I thought I’d be 8 weeks on Monday but I’m only 5. I’m relieved and happy but a bit disappointed because I’ve got ages to wait 🤣 going back in 2 weeks to see the heartbeat
I think this will happen to me I think I’m thinking I’m a week ahead

Reactions: 1
I got exactly this before I found out I was pregnant and in the early weeks. Like you said, felt exactly like period pains. I think I had them on and off throughout the first trimester. Cramping is pretty normal, I think if it's severe or you have bleeding then that's when you might want to get it checked out!

Congratulations 🎉

I’m 11 weeks and until about week 7/8 I had period pains, mainly back and sometimes stomach. So completely normal!
If you’re worried though, reach out to your early pregnancy unit and they’ll advise properly. Have you got a booking appointment yet?
Im in with my gp next Tuesday. Will look for an early scan regardless she'll put me in for one anyway I'd say. I vaguely remember a midwife telling me the last time i was pregnant thay it was my uterus stretching 🤷🏼‍♀️ yeah i had these subtle cramps leading up to my due period date, had myself convinced my period was coming, even went and bought a stash of proceive max for the next cycle, so imagine my surprise when i got my BFP 😊

I remember with my last pregnancy we were at my in laws, but travelling home on the day my period would be due, and I was convinced I wasn’t pregnant because I had cramps for two days leading up to then. I tested as soon as we got home and it was positive, and I had about a week more of mild cramps, and a healthy pregnancy x

• Heart
I've had cramping pretty consistently throughout my entire pregnancy and I'm 23wks. There's a lot of moving and stretching going on, and I'm sure mine is wind half the time 😂 it still worries me now but I had a perfectly normal scan yesterday and baby is doing well so it can be a harmless symptom.

• Heart
4+2 here and having period like cramps too - nothing I can’t handle but definitely noticeable. Oddly I didn’t have any cramping with my last pregnancy that didn’t get past 6 weeks but with my successful pregnancy with my son I had horrendous cramps in first trimester that I ended up going a&e for. I’m assuming it’s a good sign that baby has implanted well and everything is growing and stretching as it should be.

I always get an upset stomach in early pregnancy though so it’s hard to tell what’s uterus or bowel cramping at the moment 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
It’s 9:30 on a Saturday night and I’m sat on the nursery floor organising baby grows 🤦‍♀️ I’ve started and I can’t stop

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.