Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

a.pain

VIP Member
Eeeeek I’ve been signed off (stress) for my last three weeks of work. Going in on Monday to do a handover but then I’m free! Not exactly how I wanted to leave but my manager is understanding and I feel better knowing I only have to get through one more day. So technically I guess I’m on maternity leave?! What will I do for the next six weeks 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Trust me ladies, when you are carrying out a freshly popped baby, that the only thing people are looking at when you leave! They won’t even notice you because your baby will be so teeny and adorable!
100% this. I probably could have walked out in the blood stained nightie I gave birth in and no one would have batted an eyelid. You're invisible when in the presence of a teeny little squishie.

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Omg, at 36+4 I'm in the "any day now" bracket 😱 How did that happen?

I've packed maternity leggings and am planning to take maternity jeans too to come home.

• Heart

SavvyBee

VIP Member
36 weeks today and boy am I ready to not be pregnant for much longer - it’s been a smooth ride so I can’t complain really I’ve been super lucky but the aches and general heaviness and getting up 5 times a night to do the worlds smallest most pathetic wee are starting to take their toll. GD means I can’t even eat my feelings - if I see one more protein bar I’m going to throw up! Exercise ball is arriving today (and some lovely perineal massage balm, how glam!) so I am ready to start getting ready. I’m not sure I’m actually ready for a baby to come though - isn’t it unfair we can’t just have a week off between pregnancy and baby? I really could do with a week of good sleep and being comfortable before the reality of life with a newborn hits!!

PS anyone else just push the pram round the house like a lunatic - “practicing”? I feel like a little girl with a new doll’s pram all over again!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Hbirdette

VIP Member
STOP IT I know someone who’s daughter has her middle names after the grandmothers.
Wait for it...

LESLEY-DENISE 😭😭😭

• Haha
Sooo just had an actual very third baby moment…Everyone’s been asking how far along I am and I keep saying 23 weeks, just looked at my app to do the poll at the top of this thread and I’m 25 today 🤣🤣🤣 I haven’t even taken pics of my scan photos to send to everyone as life has just been too hectic 😅 Poor boy. Time is bloody flying though! Finally started collecting some bits together and sorting out the older boys rooms ready for the nursery to be done. It’ll literally be January before I know it 😭

On dopplers…I was able to hear heart beats at 16 weeks every time, I wasn’t expecting it this time round though as I know a lot of trusts have stopped! Agree though that it’s terrible not all women are able to access the same baseline level of care via the NHS.

• Haha
  • Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
I definitely also wanted to know! If only because my OH couldn't agree on boy's names, luckily it's a girl 😆

My due date is fast approaching! Only a bit over two weeks now 😳
So glad I'm no longer working though, I don't know how some women manage to work fulltime until one week before their due date!

Update on my gums, if anyone's interested, the Parodontax tooth paste works great! No more bleeding gums! 🤩 Highly recommend for people who are struggling with the same problem.

• Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
Before getting pregnant I always said “I won’t find out the gender I want a surprise”. As soon as I peed on that sick and it was positive my only thought was “I need know now” 😂😅

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I’ve packed black maternity leggings and a baggy jumper or if it’s warm ish a maternity dress. Do you need a dressing gown? I have a button up nightie packed. Due date is next week 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬
The maternity wards have a direct link to THE SUN. They are absolutely boiling! Unless you want it to cover up, I wouldn’t take a dressing gown, you won’t need it for heat!

• Haha
  • Heart

Trombolese

Chatty Member
1 week today until my 20 week scan, really excited but can feel the anxiety settling in already! Why does the time leading up to a scan seem to stand still 😩

• Heart

miamae

I had my booking in appt with my midwife today and she was just the most nicest human. I wish you could claim a midwife and she could be guaranteed to be with you through birth etc as she was just so lush 😭. Why can’t they all be like that 🤣😭

• Heart

teddy19

VIP Member
Hi all! I’m new to this thread as didnt want to be insensitive and put this pic in the TTC thread so hope this is ok.

I am 2 days late, this was our first cycle of not being careful / using protection and kind of using the Flo app for an indication of ovulation (I didnt do any ovulation tests, was going to wait till next month)

I have just done a cheapo Morrisons test and got this result - am I right in thinking even though its faint its still positive?

Just finding it hard to believe because I dont feel pregnant at all .. with my first I kind of knew before I even tested and even had a fainting episode before!

Thanks xx

Attachments

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Can anyone share girls names with me...? Sorted for first just deciding middle(s) first is very traditional, fancying something a bit more alternative for middle. I quite like Autumn but not sure if its a bit faddy x
We have a Arya & Adalaide here. We actually forgot to give them middle names when we went to register them we were that tired 😂

We also had Eloise, Loreli & Aida on our list

• Heart

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Hi everyone,
Sorry I went off radar!

I'm still having massive trouble with my leg.
Has anyone had sciatica in pregnancy and even weirder, early pregnancy? I'm 14 weeks it's just bizarre. I'm not even convinced it's that tbh but I'll go with it.

I have had to be off work as, as soon as Im on it it become unbearable. I'm not allowed pain relief obvoously apart from paracetamol which does not touch it.

Hoping someone here may have advice. Or I just wonder how long this could go on for!
Have you tried alternating warm and cold compresses? That’s the only thing that would help my sciatica when I had it.

Mr O went to a tattoo appointment today. He’s probably about 80% covered already so I rarely ask what he’s having done anymore but he came back in the house, ran up to my desk and proudly displayed Baby O’s name on his wrist 😭😭😭 I think I might marry him again

• Heart

Hannah_204

VIP Member
Saw my friends 6 day old baby girl yesterday and omg 😍 it’s all going to be worth it baby’s are the best thing everrrr hang in there everyone having a tough pregnancy!! ❤
I’m literally broody whilst pregnant!

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
Thanks guys ♥, I’m so overwhelmed I’ve just eaten 6 bags of quavers, I’m blaming the shock 🤣🤣🤣

So glad it went well and you got to see your little baby 🥰 When are you due? Take time to process it, it can take ages to sink in, I’m 20 weeks tomorrow and still waiting for it to fully sink in😂
The 14th of April which sounds terrifyingly soon, maybe it won’t sink in for either of us unless there’s actually a baby here and then we go oh fuck ✌🏻😅🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
How is it fair that when you already feel rubbish with pregnancy, your immune system also decides to just up and leave so you literally catch every bug the toddler brings home?!? I now have hand foot and mouth disease 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10