Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He weighed 6.13 and is absolutely perfect.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Congratulations 💙💙💙

Regarding Inductions: obviously I can only speak of my own experience but mine was great. Really straight forward, I liked knowing the date I’d be going in. Labour was relatively quick for first baby and no complications.

I’ve found that people are very quick to share their negative/horror stories but people don’t share the good. I’d happily have another induction if necessary
The induction was fine for me the reason I had a bad time was because she was back to back but I would be induced again too. Also when you have them in your arms it really is worth every thing 🥰

Reactions: 3
No way!! Firstly, unbelievably rude. Secondly, why would the state of tidiness have any impact on a safe sleep assessment (unless people were piling their stuff on the baby?!) thirdly, is this a thing that they can check out your sleeping arrangements?! Thankfully I’ve never had that (I don’t think me showing my king sized bed and demonstrating how i lie with my boobs out all night would tick many of their boxes 🙈)

I have always declined pre birth health visitor visits. Just to make all news mums aware, you do not have to have a HV come in, it is at your discretion. A few people I k ow have hated their HV and declined their visits. It doesn’t lead to anything at all. I almost always decline the 6-9 month check as I’m never worried about anything and they don’t weigh them at ours, it’s just a chat, so I see no point.
I never knew you could decline! I’ll definitely be declining this time. I just find it really unnecessary! When I had mine for my son I told her that I would be planning to go back to work when he was 6 months and she looked disgusted and told me I should enjoy the baby moments! I’d love to Karen hun but I have to make a living somehow 🤣

Reactions: 7
I never knew you could decline! I’ll definitely be declining this time. I just find it really unnecessary! When I had mine for my son I told her that I would be planning to go back to work when he was 6 months and she looked disgusted and told me I should enjoy the baby moments! I’d love to Karen hun but I have to make a living somehow 🤣
I should imagine they’ll push at you quite hard, and try and scaremonger, but the reality is that they are there to offer help but you don’t have to take it. I don’t mind them coming to the house to be fair, I’ve never had an issue, but I never go to the appointments that they schedule at the health centre because I’m lazy 🤣 I also declined my daughter’s 1 year visit, and I’ve never had a problem.

Reactions: 2
On the topic of HV @Dipdab & @Gorbs You will find that your HV is more than likely interested in the fascination of twins more than anything else. Ours came last week and was more concerned over the fact there was two of them she actually forgot to weigh them 🙄 Same as the midwife once she got wind we were home she couldn't wait to get here before we'd hit the 28 days discharge. Good luck ladies 😂
If any witch comes to my door on Christmas week I will cut them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You can decline them all, before and after birth 😊

I should imagine they’ll push at you quite hard, and try and scaremonger, but the reality is that they are there to offer help but you don’t have to take it. I don’t mind them coming to the house to be fair, I’ve never had an issue, but I never go to the appointments that they schedule at the health centre because I’m lazy 🤣 I also declined my daughter’s 1 year visit, and I’ve never had a problem.
I'm the same. I let them come round for the ones at the house but my last one was where I was supposed to go to them. Ignored it 😂
I also didn't get a 3 year one because of covid but I was going to ignore it anyway

Our little boy arrived today and he’s absolutely perfect, I never knew love like it until I heard his scream and burst into tears. We were in such awe it took a minute to ask if he was a boy or girl.

He is currently sleeping, I’ve got up and showered and now going to try and have a little sleep before he wakes up.

Section went well other than it took a few attempts to get spinal block in but after getting another Dr to scrub in, they managed it. It definitely was not as bad as my anxiety imagined.

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
Ahh congratulations!😍😍

On the topic of HV @Dipdab & @Gorbs You will find that your HV is more than likely interested in the fascination of twins more than anything else. Ours came last week and was more concerned over the fact there was two of them she actually forgot to weigh them 🙄 Same as the midwife once she got wind we were home she couldn't wait to get here before we'd hit the 28 days discharge. Good luck ladies 😂
Hehe thanks for the heads up. At my last midwife appointment she asked if 2 students could use the Doppler on me as they hadn’t had a twin pregnancy in for a while 😅.
Hope you and the girls are all doing well and settling in at home ❤

If any witch comes to my door on Christmas week I will cut them 😂
😂😂 My first is a end of Dec baby, they came the day before Xmas eve and the day after New Year's day, arseholes.

Hehe thanks for the heads up. At my last midwife appointment she asked if 2 students could use the Doppler on me as they hadn’t had a twin pregnancy in for a while 😅.
Hope you and the girls are all doing well and settling in at home ❤
We are thank you! Still adjusting & there's been a few bumps but it's getting easier to an extent I guess that or we're just getting better at keeping two babies alive😂(?!). Not long for you now is it 🤩

• Wow
Reactions: 4

His name is Aidan 💙💙💙
A huge congratulations!!! Welcome to the world baby Aidan 🎉

• Heart
31 weeks tomorrow and can barely walk with such bad back pain 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 5
😂😂 My first is a end of Dec baby, they came the day before Xmas eve and the day after New Year's day, arseholes.

We are thank you! Still adjusting & there's been a few bumps but it's getting easier to an extent I guess that or we're just getting better at keeping two babies alive😂(?!). Not long for you now is it 🤩
Yep 33 weeks on thurs! We are pretty much on standby now Incase they decide they want to pop out early. 3 ladies on my twin antenatal course had theirs between 32-34 weeks 😅.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
😂😂

I opened the door to my HV on Friday and she said “aww aren’t you a small little thing” this was to me, not to the baby 🤨 😭😭😩🤣

Omg me too it reminder me when my girl was born she will be four weeks this weekend she is growing so much! 🥺🥺🥺
Wow that’s flown!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
31 weeks tomorrow and can barely walk with such bad back pain 😩
Im 29 and I’ve been struggling. Had a hot water bottle, pregnancy pillow and deep heat, nothing has worked. Got coding from the doctor today, so hopefully that will knock me out soon and I can actually sleep! Feel like a bad mum/wife all day as I’ve barely moved 😭

• Heart
Yep 33 weeks on thurs! We are pretty much on standby now Incase they decide they want to pop out early. 3 ladies on my twin antenatal course had theirs between 32-34 weeks 😅.
Get as much rest as you can😂 Cause there's non here 😂. Finger's crossed you get to 36 weeks atleast! It'll fly by now 🥰

Reactions: 3
I'm scared! While we're preparing now, I have not remotely entertained the fact that they will be here before December, am I mad?! It is absolutely mental though you're in the final hurdle, this time next month your babies will probably be here!! 😱😱

I'm scared! While we're preparing now, I have not remotely entertained the fact that they will be here before December, am I mad?! It is absolutely mental though you're in the final hurdle, this time next month your babies will probably be here!! 😱😱
I read somewhere that 60% of twins arrive by week 37 which put the fear in me.
I know it’s so close now I’m getting so nervous 😅😅

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.