Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh big hugs for it to all go smoothly! What time is yours? Mine is 9:20 so I'm atleast thankful I'm not hanging around all day 😅
I’m not till lunchtime but have a busy morning at work to get through first which will be enough of a distraction!

Silly question: what on earth does one wear to a scan?! I’m thinking trousers/leggings that can be pulled down to give access to the bump area, not that I really have one yet?

No way is she?! Isn't it mad how the end of pregnancy drags so slow and then it flies when they are here. Hope you're both well. Xx
We are good how are you? Now I’m recovering made me realise how hard the last few weeks of pregnancy are. I’ve lost alot of weight however I’ve regained my appetite. All the ladies who are 35 weeks on here I know it’s hard but when your baby arrives you don’t mind x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m not till lunchtime but have a busy morning at work to get through first which will be enough of a distraction!

Silly question: what on earth does one wear to a scan?! I’m thinking trousers/leggings that can be pulled down to give access to the bump area, not that I really have one yet?
Leggings. They do go quite far down, pretty much to your pubic bone. So make sure you’re comfy and can easily pull your trousers down

Reactions: 3

Yep deffos leggings. I stupidly didn’t think and wore a dress to my first scan 🤪. So they had to put paper towels over me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Can you decline community midwife too? I remember her coming whilst we were sleeping and/or just showing up unannounced all the time. My LB did have sepsis and feeding issues and wr spent over a week in hospital first time around... so thr newborn bubble was even more crazy for us.
I think you can decline them coming to your house, but it would mean you going to them somewhere.
Not sure if you can decline it fully

Reactions: 4
Hey everyone, hope you're all ok, just tentatively popping my head in here. Had my first BFP on Monday, 6 tests later I'm starting to believe it. Did anyone else feel really just "rubbish" around 4/5 weeks? I'm queasy most of the time, completely gone off food. And the cramping is so uncomfortable! I fear if I'm feeling like this now I might not be cut out for the whole pregnancy thing. 🙈 My last pregnancy ended at 7 weeks sadly as it was ectopic and this feels so much more intense symptom-wise. Got a telephone appointment with my GP next Thursday, I need him to refer me to the EPU I think (that was the guidance last time anyway) so now just in this weird waiting period. Anyone else in the very early days? ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Can you decline community midwife too? I remember her coming whilst we were sleeping and/or just showing up unannounced all the time. My LB did have sepsis and feeding issues and wr spent over a week in hospital first time around... so thr newborn bubble was even more crazy for us.
I hate how the midwives just show up at any time. It’s so annoying! You probably can decline them as well, I don’t think you ever have to have anyone

Reactions: 1
Well after saying I couldn’t take any more (and having my tubes tied not 6 months ago during my section) I looked at my baby the other day and thought “I’ve been too hasty! I could have gone for a fifth no trouble!”
After giving birth I said I didn’t want to do it again, maybe we could just have the one. When we were leaving hospital and I’d put baby in her car seat all wrapped up in a little hat and bear ear cardigan, I looked at my partner with tears in my eyes and said “I need to have 10 more babies” 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Hey everyone, hope you're all ok, just tentatively popping my head in here. Had my first BFP on Monday, 6 tests later I'm starting to believe it. Did anyone else feel really just "rubbish" around 4/5 weeks? I'm queasy most of the time, completely gone off food. And the cramping is so uncomfortable! I fear if I'm feeling like this now I might not be cut out for the whole pregnancy thing. 🙈 My last pregnancy ended at 7 weeks sadly as it was ectopic and this feels so much more intense symptom-wise. Got a telephone appointment with my GP next Thursday, I need him to refer me to the EPU I think (that was the guidance last time anyway) so now just in this weird waiting period. Anyone else in the very early days? ❤
Ah, how exciting! The nausea hit around 6 weeks and lasted another 9 🙂 sorry to hear about what happened with your ectopic. it’s a worrying, really crappy time, until you get that scan! I know my trust isn’t offering early ‘reassurance’ scans - or they wasn’t when I first contacted them in April. Hopefully they’ve started to though x

• Heart
Ah, how exciting! The nausea hit around 6 weeks and lasted another 9 🙂 sorry to hear about what happened with your ectopic. it’s a worrying, really crappy time, until you get that scan! I know my trust isn’t offering early ‘reassurance’ scans - or they wasn’t when I first contacted them in April. Hopefully they’ve started to though x
I'd be happy just with a blood test I think, my HCG was all over the place last time. Not sure they're even doing those at the moment but we'll see how next week goes! 😊

Oh hope it goes well! Just got back from mine, there’s a real baby it isn’t in my head 🥺🤯 everything looked good and my due date is exactly what the midwife thought which is a bit crazy! I’m in shock at the moment, think it’s going to take a while to process this is really happening 🥲🥵😭

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'd be happy just with a blood test I think, my HCG was all over the place last time. Not sure they're even doing those at the moment but we'll see how next week goes! 😊
Mine was the same when I had my MC 6 years ago. They didn’t know what was going on with me. Hopefully they’ll get you a blood test or scan. It’s terrible that they’ve stopped doing them for genuine people

Oh hope it goes well! Just got back from mine, there’s a real baby it isn’t in my head 🥺🤯 everything looked good and my due date is exactly what the midwife thought which is a bit crazy! I’m in shock at the moment, think it’s going to take a while to process this is really happening 🥲🥵😭
Ah! Baby lantern 😍 how exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I hate how the midwives just show up at any time. It’s so annoying! You probably can decline them as well, I don’t think you ever have to have anyone
One kicked off with me because I was going to take baby to visit my parents (they live 2hrs away and hadnt met baby yet) and so couldn't make the appt she'd wanted to make... we weren't discharged for a good few weeks by community team. Absolutely shocking service, they made me cry on a few occasions. I'm older and more confident now so will advocate for myself.

Also, Stacy Solomon had a acrylic nails on in her insta stories whilst in labour... deffo not removing removing my gel toes for my planner section nxt week!! 🤣🤪

Reactions: 6
Had my 16 week midwife appointment and got a lovely strong heartbeat, so exciting! Feeling reassured and ready to tell people now 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Booked my whooping cough jab... for this afternoon 😩 my doctors are usually fab but the receptionist today was so dim she didn’t even know what it was. I said ‘my Midwife told me to book it here’ ‘so you’re pregnant?’
🤯🥴 I mean I think I look pregnant but maybe I don’t but people don’t see midwives for no reason am I right?!’
Felt like banging my head on the perspex glass😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve just booked an extra week of mat leave with holiday so I can finish at 37 weeks! Literally cannot wait now my head is so not in work anymore! 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So glad it went well and you got to see your little baby 🥰 When are you due? Take time to process it, it can take ages to sink in, I’m 20 weeks tomorrow and still waiting for it to fully sink in😂

I’ve just booked an extra week of mat leave with holiday so I can finish at 37 weeks! Literally cannot wait now my head is so not in work anymore! 🤪
I’m trying to work out my maternity date, but in work my annual leave is January to December so as I’m due in Feb I have to use up my AL before I go, so I could finish mid January and I’m already soooo excited 😂 need to try not to be so checked out of work though when I still have a few months left 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
After giving birth I said I didn’t want to do it again, maybe we could just have the one. When we were leaving hospital and I’d put baby in her car seat all wrapped up in a little hat and bear ear cardigan, I looked at my partner with tears in my eyes and said “I need to have 10 more babies” 😂
The morning after my delivery (no pain relief, forceps and 2nd degree episiotomy) the doctor called into see me and asked would I do it again and I said yes I would do it tomorrow. He said that's the most keen he has seen anyone 😂😂😂 I changed my mind a few days later when my too tight stitches burst 🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Heart
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
So glad it went well and you got to see your little baby 🥰 When are you due? Take time to process it, it can take ages to sink in, I’m 20 weeks tomorrow and still waiting for it to fully sink in😂

I’m trying to work out my maternity date, but in work my annual leave is January to December so as I’m due in Feb I have to use up my AL before I go, so I could finish mid January and I’m already soooo excited 😂 need to try not to be so checked out of work though when I still have a few months left 🤔
Oo that’s great if you’ve got some Christmas time off then only a couple of weeks to get through before mat leave starts! I feel like I was checked out first trimester then managed to be a half decent employee in the second but I’ve gone terrible again now 😂

My work have also just hired an only half English speaking Ukrainian for me to do an online handover with in my last week 😂 thanks guys 🤦🏽‍♀️ They’ve known since may.

• Haha
That’s amazing news been thinking of you all morning x

Does anyone else suffer nose bleeds in pregnancy? I’m just over 19w and woke up this morning to one (sorry tmi) and now I’m in work was on a call with my manager and noticed it started bleeding again… google tells me it’s normal but I get worried over silly things nowadays. Also can’t concentrate in work as I have my 20w scan at 4pm, so my head is elsewhere and definitely not bothered about people’s silly queries/complaints today!!🙈🤣 I was also just sitting here at my desk thinking about the baby and happened to look out the window and there was a random butterfly just hovering outside then flew off as fast as I could look at it… hope it’s a sign everything’s okay as I was given knitted butterflies after I miscarried so I always love to see them as they bring me a sense of calm… sorry feel like I’m going crackers now x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.