Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've not found out and I'm not bothered tbh, I'd be decorating for and dressing a winter newborn in the same gear regardless (allllll the Christmas sleepsuits). But as a bonus it's flummoxed my MIL who only knows how to buy explicitly X or Y items and has horrible taste, if she knew we were one or the other we'd have a house full of tacky girl stuff or chavvy boy stuff. (Specific stuff can easily be nice btw! Just not what she chooses...)

People think we know because I shared a picture of our nursey when we finished it at the weekend and it has *gasp" a blue wardrobe.
It has a blue kids wardrobe because when we bought the house the sellers left it for us as it's in great condition but their little boy was going into a room with fitted wardrobes at their new place and free is our favourite price :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I knew I wanted to find out, our dilemma was when. I'm so happy we decided to go with finding out from our Harmony test because now I think it would have driven me mad knowing I could have known but didn't.

Reactions: 2
The only thing I regret about finding out their gender was telling everyone! We havnt shared the names to anyone at all. But unfortunately I’ve had some negative remarks when I mention it’s 2 girls. To the point if strangers or anyone else asks now I tell them I don’t know ….

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
The only thing I regret about finding out their gender was telling everyone! We havnt shared the names to anyone at all. But unfortunately I’ve had some negative remarks when I mention it’s 2 girls. To the point if strangers or anyone else asks now I tell them I don’t know ….
Whatttt? What negative things can anyone have to say about that? People are so weird.

My friend has two twin girls and they’re best friends and absolutely adorable! ❤

Reactions: 3
What?? 2 girls, 2 boys or a boy and a girl - all amazing. How freaking rude.

We haven't decided if/who we are going to tell anyone we know.

Reactions: 1
I’m in the maternity now and get found leukocytes in my urine again 🙄 my doctor checked 2 days ago and it was clear so I can’t understand it 🙄

• Sad
What kind of negative remarks?!?! I find that bizarre.
“Feel sorry for your husband” “he will want to move out when they’re teenagers” “you can try next time for a boy” “are what a shame you didn’t get 1 of each”. To quote a few 🙄
I find it bizarre too that so many (usually the older generation) think that your family is only complete with a boy and girl. I couldn’t care less what their genders were/are just blessed to have 2 healthy babies growing inside me 🤷‍♀️.

I’m in the maternity now and get found leukocytes in my urine again 🙄 my doctor checked 2 days ago and it was clear so I can’t understand it 🙄
I had this at my appointment yesterday they said they were sending the sample to the lab 🤷‍♀️ No one really explained what it was

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
“Feel sorry for your husband” “he will want to move out when they’re teenagers” “you can try next time for a boy” “are what a shame you didn’t get 1 of each”. To quote a few 🙄
I find it bizarre too that so many (usually the older generation) think that your family is only complete with a boy and girl. I couldn’t care less what their genders were/are just blessed to have 2 healthy babies growing inside me 🤷‍♀️.

I had this at my appointment yesterday they said they were sending the sample to the lab 🤷‍♀️ No one really explained what it was
I had leukocytes 2 weeks ago they sent it off and nothing and my doc checked me the other day and nothing and all of a sudden I have them again 😩😭 they are sending me for the Covid vaccine after this too! What’s the point at 36 weeks and when I have zero contacts apart from my husband that works from home 🙄

• Heart
Am I mad taking my car to the car wash being that I won't be using it for 6 weeks after this week?! 🤣

To be fair, it's not been washed for.. a few months 😊👍🙃 #nestingtoanewlevel

When I had my second and he was a boy (already had a girl) everyone kept saying “oh a perfect family” “that’s you’re family complete” etc etc 🙄🙄🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
we haven’t told anyone yet but this is my worry. I’m just so grateful to be having a healthy baby, I honestly didn’t care if it was a girl or boy, just wanted to know. My partner has a son already, so his family have been saying how amazing it will be if it’s a girl, and they are desperate for it to be a girl and talk about all the girl clothes they can buy. We now know it’s a boy, and I’m a bit nervous about telling them, I’m expecting disappointment which is really sad but we are really happy which is the main thing! Also had someone say they can’t imagine me being a mum to a boy :rolleyes: what does that even mean. People’s comments are so weird.

edited to add that we think we will try again for another baby in a couple of years, going to start bracing myself now for all of the “hopefully it’s a girl” comments. Must make a mental note that time to not share the gender with anyone until the babies born :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had leukocytes 2 weeks ago they sent it off and nothing and my doc checked me the other day and nothing and all of a sudden I have them again 😩😭 they are sending me for the Covid vaccine after this too! What’s the point at 36 weeks and when I have zero contacts apart from my husband that works from home 🙄
They’re sending you for the vaccine? Do you want it?

that is so bad, I can’t believe people are saying that to you 👊🏻.
I live next door to twin girls (10y/o) and my friend also has twin girls (2y/o) and they are so fabulous! The 10y/os have just started to become so sassy/teen like, they’re absolutely hilarious!
It’s a blessing!
Am I mad taking my car to the car wash being that I won't be using it for 6 weeks after this week?! 🤣

To be fair, it's not been washed for.. a few months 😊👍🙃 #nestingtoanewlevel
I hired a fella to visit and clean it internally and externally 😂😂😂 I want everything fresh 🥴🥴🥴🥴
I must admit though, it does look great 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
When my dad and stepmum found out they were having a girl (my dad's third girl), people would 'commiserate' and ask if he was disappointed not to have a boy. His response was always 'hell no, I know what trouble boys are - I was one!' 😂 (jokingly, obvs, he wouldn't have minded either way)

Same when people ask Mr O if he's disappointed he won't have a boy to buy football kits for and complete on the Playstation with - he says he can do all that with a girl so why would he care 🤷‍♀️

Blows my mind that in 2021 we're still having these conversations :rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
They’re sending you for the vaccine? Do you want it?
I told them no thanks I’ve come 36 weeks and have zero contacts apart from hubby hat works from home 😊 it’s part of this drive here to get more pregnant women vaccinated, they are saying they aren’t enough women vaccinated and it could lead to no partners allowed in for the birth 🙄
There is a room in this clinic that are offering vaccines all day. Two ladies in hi viz vests are approaching all the woman asking them do they want to partake 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
We never found out with my son so this time I wanted to find out, just to experience both. We haven't told a soul, not even our son. It's our secret 😂😂 We only wanted to know for ourselves, people can be so annoying, I share as little as possible as so many busy bodies have opinions 😂😂

Reactions: 3
When my dad and stepmum found out they were having a girl (my dad's third girl), people would 'commiserate' and ask if he was disappointed not to have a boy. His response was always 'hell no, I know what trouble boys are - I was one!' 😂 (jokingly, obvs, he wouldn't have minded either way)

Same when people ask Mr O if he's disappointed he won't have a boy to buy football kits for and complete on the Playstation with - he says he can do all that with a girl so why would he care 🤷‍♀️

Blows my mind that in 2021 we're still having these conversations :rolleyes:
I have a girl from previous and my husband has a boy from previous and we have 2 boys together. People always go, ah, bet you’d love a girl? Well actually, yes it would be nice for him (although he sees my daughter as his own) but she is also moody preteen and a bit of a witch. Give me a boy any day. We would also be happy with either. A healthy baby is good enough for us !

I told them no thanks I’ve come 36 weeks and have zero contacts apart from hubby hat works from home 😊 it’s part of this drive here to get more pregnant women vaccinated, they are saying they aren’t enough women vaccinated and it could lead to no partners allowed in for the birth 🙄
There is a room in this clinic that are offering vaccines all day. Two ladies in hi viz vests are approaching all the woman asking them do they want to partake 🙄
Oh, that is terrible! Basically blackmailing women into getting it to have the babys dad there!
Maybe if they done Enough research with pregnant ladies at the beginning, more people would be inclined to take it? I’ve had mine, but so I’m unsure, is there much out there about pregnant women and the vax?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a girl from previous and my husband has a boy from previous and we have 2 boys together. People always go, ah, bet you’d love a girl? Well actually, yes it would be nice for him (although he sees my daughter as his own) but she is also moody preteen and a bit of a witch. Give me a boy any day. We would also be happy with either. A healthy baby is good enough for us !

Oh, that is terrible! Basically blackmailing women into getting it to have the babys dad there!
Maybe if they done Enough research with pregnant ladies at the beginning, more people would be inclined to take it? I’ve had mine, but so I’m unsure, is there much out there about pregnant women and the vax?
I know!! I didn’t get it because I’ve decided to be a recluse for the duration 🤣 Jesus Christ does anyone else HATE their maternity hospital? Like what is the average wait here for those of you that have to get ultrasound and the clinic? Mine is 4/5 hours and I’m lucky that I’m off work atm because taking 5 hours off every fortnight would NOT work in my job 😭

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.