Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remembering from her diary bit, she pays herself around 2500 pounds( in jan)while she lives in a council home? I don’t know how the rules are in the UK (im dutch) but having that paycheck in a council home here, you can get kicked out. Also here 2500 pounds for one person means middle class living. Or she pays herself way too much for what the profits are at sighh (and she doesn't want to live ‘poor’) or sighh might be actually doing well enough.
She doesn't live in a council home. She has a private landlord

Reactions: 4
Yeah I was gonna say absolutely no chance would she be living in a council home, she looks down on people who do

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Remembering from her diary bit, she pays herself around 2500 pounds( in jan)while she lives in a council home? I don’t know how the rules are in the UK (im dutch) but having that paycheck in a council home here, you can get kicked out. Also here 2500 pounds for one person means middle class living. Or she pays herself way too much for what the profits are at sighh (and she doesn't want to live ‘poor’) or sighh might be actually doing well enough.
if sighh is a limited company (I don't know if it is?) then she can take a wage, which isn't taxed (or am I getting that wrong?)

It’s never gonna keep being talked about forever. She’s made her bullshit apology so I guess we’ll see what her next social media move will be, can’t imagine her going back to being chatty on stories and oversharing, but people won’t forget. Hopefully there’ll always be comments on her future posts about it

Reactions: 12
I reckon she will go back to being chatty eventually because she's an attention seeker and this isn't the type of attention she wants

Reactions: 12
i had a look at the profile pictures of everyone who liked her post.. what did they have in common? every single one of them was white.

Reactions: 28
i had a look at the profile pictures of everyone who liked her post.. what did they have in common? every single one of them was white.
Funnily enough I did the same exploring and you’re completely right. And that is mostly because all the non-white people that have commented have had their comments deleted.

Reactions: 13
I reckon she will start chatting again on Instagram in a few months, talking about how nervous she has been to come back online, the big steps she’s taking with her therapist etc, basically just keeping the narrative that she’s the victim of bullies who have picked on her. And all those white girls who never thought she did anything wrong anyway will be DMing her telling her how brave she is 🤢

Reactions: 25
There is something quite funny about the fact she’ll be donating a % on sales going forward to charities when the people still supporting her by buying her products clearly don’t think she did anything wrong and won’t care about the charity donation and rest are unaware of the situation. and won’t know about the donation anyway. Money for charity is good but not whilst also giving money to a racist and all the rest of it…

Reactions: 14
I’ve been a lurker for a while so I’m so sorry this is long.

I’ve followed Polly since she became big on Twitter along with her other social media friendship circle. I never noticed the stuff she posted back then and feel a bit of guilt but at the same time, I have to accept that myself and others like me aren’t to blame. Algorithms back then aren’t what they are now so it was easy to miss bits unless you actively went looking. I think we’ve all had our eyes and ears opened to other communities, ethnicities, backgrounds, sexual orientations (the list goes on), since then too so if she was to post what she did back then now, it wouldn’t go unnoticed. I would’ve thought she would have listened and grown too and thought about the stuff she had posted previously - especially in light of the past few years. You don’t just forget you used to spout hate speech everyday? You don’t forget the things you’ve said about your family - which to be honest shocked me so much. I wonder if her Dad knew she wanted her step mum deported?!

To everyone saying she hasn’t worked with anyone other than straight white females - she has. She worked with someone I know in real life on the first set of polymer earrings and she is Indian. But, thinking about it now, she is the only one that I can think of that isn’t white or is one of the affected parties from Polly’s words. That’s shocking.

I’m also struggling to understand, especially how recent some of her posts were, why she hadn’t gone back and removed them. It’s a simple thing to do, search your name and a specific word or phrase. I just can’t get my head round it. So many influencers and celebrities have been caught out, why do people with large followings not do this?! Although, I’m so glad she didn’t. I’m a year younger than Polly and I knew right from wrong even way back when. So, thank you in a strange way Polly, for not doing this and having it all come to light now.

I completely agree with Morgan’s response and apology from this and it’s actually brought me a lot of respect for her - she held her hands up and took action. I know there wasn’t as much as Polly, or anywhere near as bad, but that is how it’s done.

I have so many angry feelings towards her wanting to donate FUTURE PROFITS to charities. To asking her declining followers to do the work for her. Why?! Hire a PR agency, post a proper apology, donate NOW.

I really don’t think she understands the severity of it all or how to deal with it. She has grown up living in a bubble, and that’s just been burst.

Reactions: 18
I’ve been a lurker for a while so I’m so sorry this is long.

I’ve followed Polly since she became big on Twitter along with her other social media friendship circle. I never noticed the stuff she posted back then and feel a bit of guilt but at the same time, I have to accept that myself and others like me aren’t to blame. Algorithms back then aren’t what they are now so it was easy to miss bits unless you actively went looking. I think we’ve all had our eyes and ears opened to other communities, ethnicities, backgrounds, sexual orientations (the list goes on), since then too so if she was to post what she did back then now, it wouldn’t go unnoticed. I would’ve thought she would have listened and grown too and thought about the stuff she had posted previously - especially in light of the past few years. You don’t just forget you used to spout hate speech everyday? You don’t forget the things you’ve said about your family - which to be honest shocked me so much. I wonder if her Dad knew she wanted her step mum deported?!

To everyone saying she hasn’t worked with anyone other than straight white females - she has. She worked with someone I know in real life on the first set of polymer earrings and she is Indian. But, thinking about it now, she is the only one that I can think of that isn’t white or is one of the affected parties from Polly’s words. That’s shocking.

I’m also struggling to understand, especially how recent some of her posts were, why she hadn’t gone back and removed them. It’s a simple thing to do, search your name and a specific word or phrase. I just can’t get my head round it. So many influencers and celebrities have been caught out, why do people with large followings not do this?! Although, I’m so glad she didn’t. I’m a year younger than Polly and I knew right from wrong even way back when. So, thank you in a strange way Polly, for not doing this and having it all come to light now.

I completely agree with Morgan’s response and apology from this and it’s actually brought me a lot of respect for her - she held her hands up and took action. I know there wasn’t as much as Polly, or anywhere near as bad, but that is how it’s done.

I have so many angry feelings towards her wanting to donate FUTURE PROFITS to charities. To asking her declining followers to do the work for her. Why?! Hire a PR agency, post a proper apology, donate NOW.

I really don’t think she understands the severity of it all or how to deal with it. She has grown up living in a bubble, and that’s just been burst.
That’s what I don’t don’t understand either. Why she didn’t think to go back and delete stuff. She must know people get cancelled for the stuff she spouted (well she certainly does now). And even less than what she said. So why didn’t she think “hmm I’ve said those words in the past, I run a business, if someone finds the stuff I used to say, I’m done for” and go and look for the tit she posted and delete it. Only reason I can think of is because she didn’t actually think what she posted was wrong. Even now. Or she sure as hell would have deleted it. She’s only apologising now because she was caught out, and not because she doesn’t think those things anymore.
Whether she does or doesn’t think those things anymore, she’s going to say she’s changed. She’s not going to say “yep, and I’d say it all agaaaaaain” is she? 🙄 she has no choice but to apologise if she wants to keep at least some of her customers. I don’t believe for a minute that she’s sorry or that she’s changed. If she didn’t have a business to run, she would have just deleted her all social media and not even apologised.

Reactions: 8
Posted this towards the end of the last thread but adding here too… (thanks to @TeaSpillLil for adding to it)

Small businesses/influencers to support who have called out polly:

@theinsecuregirlsclub (previously did a collab with sighh)

@hayerlily

@yasminjohalx

@hayerlily

@littlescienceco

@abookishscientist

@lyric.stitches

@_charlottesweb

@emilyharveyart

@lizharrydesign

@pocket_perfect (called her out on Twitter. Please go read their recent tweet containing the message theyve sent sighh!)

@megsaystweet (on twitter)

@amyelsw

@spiltmilkpress

@kthrynocnnr (on Twitter, not sure if she’s on insta)

@finestimaginary

@nutmegandarlo

@coconutacha

@okay_doodle

Other mentions:

@catroseobrien (a long term friend apparently, no story but she does appear to have unfollowed)

@skenstudios (also unfollowed apparently)

@lucyjanewood (no story but unfollowed)

@jessicameade_ (one of pollys employees who appears to have removed sighh from her bio)

@amelia_bernard (ex sighh employee who appears to have unfollowed Polly despite being good friends)

@alice_benham (her story doesn’t read the same to me as some of the others listed above, she implies she will still work with Polly. You can decide for yourself whether you want to continue to support her)

@emilyellenart (another ex employeewho appears to have unfollowed - pretty sure this is the right person)
I came to search here for her after @weareprettypost called her out 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If she was really sorry she wouldn’t have waited for all this to come out or be highlighted by someone else surely? Surely she’d be on the front foot and have written something somewhere about how sorry she is especially since she had a very personal blog site she used ALOT and wasn’t shy about being very public with a lot of her own baggage….
Really rubs me up the wrong way when people who have a history of over sharing act as if they were always sorry when it’s almost certain they are only sorry because now it affects them directly…
Eesh…

Reactions: 6
That’s what I don’t don’t understand either. Why she didn’t think to go back and delete stuff. She must know people get cancelled for the stuff she spouted (well she certainly does now). And even less than what she said. So why didn’t she think “hmm I’ve said those words in the past, I run a business, if someone finds the stuff I used to say, I’m done for” and go and look for the tit she posted and delete it. Only reason I can think of is because she didn’t actually think what she posted was wrong. Even now. Or she sure as hell would have deleted it. She’s only apologising now because she was caught out, and not because she doesn’t think those things anymore.
Whether she does or doesn’t think those things anymore, she’s going to say she’s changed. She’s not going to say “yep, and I’d say it all agaaaaaain” is she? 🙄 she has no choice but to apologise if she wants to keep at least some of her customers. I don’t believe for a minute that she’s sorry or that she’s changed. If she didn’t have a business to run, she would have just deleted her all social media and not even apologised.
I dont think she didnt think she'd said anything wrong, i just think there was a bit of 'it wont happen to me' syndrome combined with unfortunately it clearly being so normal for her to say those things at the time in her circle that she just wouldnt actually think 'hmm i think i might have said some bad stuff in the past, better go back and check' because at the time she wouldnt have thought she was saying anything risque because it was so normal to her... if that makes sense? Absolutely vile though, that it was so normal to her - either her parents think the same way (likely as they are bloody fox hunters) or she was just so arrogant to think her parents would never find out.

Ultimately i just think it never actually crossed her mind to go and check them which kinda proves something i've thought for a while - she's had ££ AND old school business advice being fed to her from her parents circles. So enough to give her a boost business wise as she's clearly not that bright or self aware, but not very 'modern' advice (or there was an assumption that because she's internet savvy of course she would have gone back and checked?!?)

Reactions: 2
She's just not sorry. Her mum's tweets show the 'poor Polly being bullied' nonsense. Polly's tweets have her saying 'im not racist' even when being racist. So even when confronted with her bull, she clearly thinks 'theyre pulling up tweets out of context, these don't show I'm a bigot because I'm not'. But she is still that same nasty person. See when she visited her sister and kept saying 'corporate job got her this'. See when she went to the races and didn't realise how tone deaf she was. See when she talked about how only she can give men orgasms from giving head. See when she spoke about 'getting the ick' from perfectly normal people. See when she joked about forgetting ski holidays, buying a new house, spending £400+ on bedsheets and thought that made her quirky and relatable. See when she lists people she thinks are attractive and it's only slim white men.
She's hateful, she's toxic, she's a bigot. Her family have probably told her she needs to do a public apology but she can spin it to self promote her shop.
She needs therapy actually focused on her garbage self, not as an excuse to slag off her exes (always uncomfortable when people repeatedly do this online tbh.)

Reactions: 20
Yes, she definitely thinks she’s done nothing wrong. Case in point her mum saying she’s being bullied and Polly’s tit apology that didn’t even remotely mention the groups of people she abused. I don’t believe for one minute she doesn’t still have thoughts like that, maybe not as extreme now but they’re still there.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.