Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi Polly, I know you’re here. Your half-arsed, long winded, non-apology that you didn’t even write is not enough. Donations of your own stationery.. not enough. Not actually addressing what you’ve done in the past… you’re not even close. Try writing a real apology to the people you’ve hurt and that will be a small start. Listen to the comments they’re making on your posts. Actually work on yourself rather than making excuses by saying you’ve been to therapy. All you ever talked about re therapy was ex boyfriends?! Donate to relevant charities, and not from your FuTuRe ProFiTs.
Sigh(h) never mind, I don’t know why I’m bothering, we all know you haven’t and won’t ever change.

On that note.. next thread title idea: PollyVdsz: donating future profits, instead of from her pockets…….. ?🤔

Reactions: 32
Another thought, I didn't see anyone here (unless she/they got private DMS) being hateful to her employees. If anything I saw empathy and concern for them.

And one more thought I get the feeling a lot of people that saw her first new grid post don't know what she's apologizing for and think it was just being a dumb teenager so they support her. Because they don't know there were tweets like *trigger warning*

Being happy that someone was r@ped/murd3red, stomping on an Ethiopian child's head and sympathizing with pedophiles.

End trigger warning.

Reactions: 12
My replies while reading her ‘apology’. Absolutely zero hesitation about keeping anonymity as everything she’s said is an outright insults now
I would suggest calling her an entitled stuck up cow is maybe not the best idea - we can’t call someone out for the negative language someone has used, by using more negative language. She’ll also cry bullying.

I would suggest calling her an entitled stuck up cow is maybe not the best idea - we can’t call someone out for the negative language someone has used, by using more negative language. She’ll also cry bullying. That said I do totally agree with you!!

Reactions: 7
I’m so angry. So so so angry. To put this down to being unhappy and lonely at that time is so fucked up. For 3 years I was in and out of an adolescent mental health ward because I was in a very dark place and couldn’t keep myself safe and not ONCE in any of the admissions did myself or any other patient spout anything even remotely close to the abuse and hatred that Polly did.

You can be angry at the universe for your situation and how you are feeling, that doesn’t justify targeting minority groups with derogatory bigoted vile remarks constantly for YEARS. Just bleeping own it Polly. You said it, you did it, it’s out there. You weren’t some dumb kid you were an adult when you wrote some of those messages so stop trying to separate yourself from it.

Stop trying to shift the focus from what YOU did wrong and the victims of YOUR behaviour to the small group of people around you that are stressed. They aren’t stressed because of gossip forums and Twitter, they are stressed because of what YOU did. OWN IT. What has been said here to make them stressed? The truth? We have been supportive of your (ex?) employees. I made an order with one of their small businesses to show support. We have not been supportive of your mother mollycoddling you on Twitter by telling people you wrote the tweets 10 years ago, asking a woman who is dealing with her own struggles to help you (read the bleeping room and don’t be so entitled) and downplaying exactly what was said. It’s disgusting.

You say you’ve changed- how can anyone know that? Because you don’t tweet that stuff anymore? You were tweeting it back then yet people on Instagram and your blog, had no idea that’s who you were. So why should anyone trust you now? Where is the evidence of your diversity and inclusivity within your business? Non existent, because yes you might not tweet those views out for the world to read anymore, but that doesn’t prove that you don’t THINK that way anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Now I know she re-opened her profile, I've unfollowed. Had a quick look at the comments, she is not going to recover from this one I don't think.

Reactions: 16
. Listen to the comments they’re making on your posts. Actually work on yourself rather than making excuses by saying you’ve been to therapy. All you ever talked about re therapy was ex boyfriends?!
This is so true. Thank you for highlighting this.

i still can’t get over the fact that she isn’t donating her own money that she already has to charities and instead wants people to purchase her tat so a percentage of that can go to charity ??

also i don’t know if my instagram is broken but it says sighh is at 40.8k and her personal is 35.8k?

Reactions: 20
Follower account update:
Before all this came out, Polly's personal IG following was on 39.1k. Sighh was on 44.3k
When the tweets were found and made public, Polly dropped to 37.6k in one day, and Sighh to 43.1k.
Current follower counts as of 20/01 are: Polly on 34.9k and Sighh on 38.6k.

Reactions: 13
Follower account update:
Before all this came out, Polly's personal IG following was on 39.1k. Sighh was on 44.3k
When the tweets were found and made public, Polly dropped to 37.6k in one day, and Sighh to 43.1k.
Current follower counts as of 20/01 are: Polly on 34.9k and Sighh on 38.6k.
Good work 🙏🏼 Sighh has taken quite the hit, not as much as she deserves but at least people are voting with their feet although we hope for more.

Reactions: 9
i still can’t get over the fact that she isn’t donating her own money that she already has to charities and instead wants people to purchase her tat so a percentage of that can go to charity ??
how hard would it be to donate a % of last year's sales? 10% or something split between a few charities. donating a percentage of future sales is such a cop out because it requires people to buy stuff from her and she'll make profit from those sales! unless she's donating 100% of the profit , it's a completely tit guesture that means nothing.

Reactions: 19
how hard would it be to donate a % of last year's sales? 10% or something split between a few charities. donating a percentage of future sales is such a cop out because it requires people to buy stuff from her and she'll make profit from those sales! unless she's donating 100% of the profit , it's a completely tit guesture that means nothing.
Because she doesn't have the money (or at least, isn't willing to spare it).

Sighh scaled a lot over the past year or so, with a lot of full-time, temporary and part-time staff being hired as well as big new product launches, renting a new studio and, uh, £400 bedsheets from Australia. Her racist tweets then came to light just as her new diaries were being shipped out, which resulted in plenty of cancellations as well as making it impossible for her to market them during a key time of the year ('new year, new me, new diary' etc). It also looks like she's lost most if not all of her staff, meaning she has to pay their final salaries soon without getting much of a revenue this month (which is always a low-revenue month for any sort of business thanks to Christmas burnout). And, crucially: 2020-21 tax payments are due very soon.

This isn't me defending her choice, by the way. I just reckon this crappy decision to donate future profits is a reflection of how badly her business is doing right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
This isn't me defending her choice, by the way. I just reckon this crappy decision to donate future profits is a reflection of how badly her business is doing right now.
I've said this before but I don't reckon it was doing as well as she was saying it was in the first place. I'm not doubting that the business was gaining momentum but she also comes across as someone who would boast about making a lot more than she actually was. I think a lot of the money she said she had came from funding (loans, etc) which allowed her business to grow and for her to make it look super successful when really it was doing moderately well. having employees and a studio doesn't mean you're raking in the cash.

Reactions: 15
I've said this before but I don't reckon it was doing as well as she was saying it was in the first place. I'm not doubting that the business was gaining momentum but she also comes across as someone who would boast about making a lot more than she actually was. I think a lot of the money she said she had came from funding (loans, etc) which allowed her business to grow and for her to make it look super successful when really it was doing moderately well. having employees and a studio doesn't mean you're raking in the cash.
As someone who runs a business myself - I think you're right. It always look like to me she was moving a bit too fast - to go from her and Amelia in her spare bedroom last year, to all the sudden renting a huge space in the makers quarter in Manchester, hiring multiple new full-time and part-time staff etc. I understand the business was growing but I don't think it was growing at the rate she was trying to expand it. Even hiring a space is huuuuugely expensive, it seemed she was making too big of jumps too fast and a crash was inevitable.

Reactions: 17
I reckon her parents bankroll her a bit anyway. I actually laughed out loud at her Mum on Twitter being like ‘she has rent to pay’ as if someone from with upbringing is ever going to struggle. Her Mum seems to be a dentist in private practice, it’s not like she’s going to stand by and watch Polly be evicted 🙄

Reactions: 20
That family are definitely the type who think anyone can have anything they want if they just work hard enough. I doubt Polly has any understanding of how privileged she is for doing what she does. I bet Polly thinks she worked sooooooo hard to achieve what she achieved.

Reactions: 24
I reckon her parents bankroll her a bit anyway. I actually laughed out loud at her Mum on Twitter being like ‘she has rent to pay’ as if someone from with upbringing is ever going to struggle. Her Mum seems to be a dentist in private practice, it’s not like she’s going to stand by and watch Polly be evicted 🙄
Oh, they'll definitely make sure her business stays afloat, but somehow I don't think they'll be happy if their money is donated to charities supporting people and causes they don't give a flying tit about (or actively dislike and oppose).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That family are definitely the type who think anyone can have anything they want if they just work hard enough. I doubt Polly has any understanding of how privileged she is for doing what she does. I bet Polly thinks she worked sooooooo hard to achieve what she achieved.
Polly-Mae

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Remembering from her diary bit, she pays herself around 2500 pounds( in jan)while she lives in a council home? I don’t know how the rules are in the UK (im dutch) but having that paycheck in a council home here, you can get kicked out. Also here 2500 pounds for one person means middle class living. Or she pays herself way too much for what the profits are at sighh (and she doesn't want to live ‘poor’) or sighh might be actually doing well enough.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.