Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad so many other small businesses and influencers have either called her out or have unfollowed her. her tweets and posts from back then arent just one or two. it’s like a campaign of hatred

• Wow
Reactions: 18
New thread
Gotta say there's some hella irony with a mod named Olivia Pope (and the pfp) creating this new thread... as not even Olivia Pope could (or even would) solve this one lol! 😂😂

*If you've not watched the TV show, you won't get it

Can somebody do a recap please...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
If I were Polly (and I would never be so vile) I would be asking my mum to stop tweeting or delete her account all together. She’s adding fuel to the fire! I’d be mortified

Reactions: 24
Does anyone think man bun will stand by her? I wonder what his parents would think of his new sweetheart’s views

Reactions: 17
Update on follower counts. Polly’s IG following has dropped from 39.1k yesterday morning to 37.6k. Sighh has dropped from 44.4k to 43.1k.

I understand Sighh is bigger than her now (and really feel for her employees) but a statement 100% needs to be made from that account and added to the grid so it isn’t hidden in stories. She is the face of that brand and it needs to be acknowledged.

Reactions: 21
Just as a summary:

Polly Vadasz of Sighh Studios has been called out for HUNDREDS of vile tweets and tumblr posts from 2011-2014.

she posted a weak apology on her story over 24hours after the tweets were found. She has deleted Twitter and tumblr and made her personal Instagram private.

many small businesses and influencers have posted on their stories and unfollowed.

pollys Mum is now bizarrely responding to tweets in her defence and honestly making the whole thing worse. Calling out racism and everything else, is not trolling

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Surprised a few accounts I follow are still following her. Hannah Whitton, Zoe Sugg (makes her look like a saint!), nighttimeholiday, thehappyblossoms. Yes a lot of the stuff is from 10 years ago but why on earth should she not be held accountable. It still happened and she still said those things. Bearing in mind these were just the things she brazenly posted online. Can you imagine how much worse she will have said offline. I expect more recently she did clean up her online content in order to market herself and as she matured but there is no way she just woke up one morning and all these views she had just vanished, she will still have some form of these views. At 16 years old in the 21st century in the UK you know using the terms she used is wrong. This is taught in school and in our society. She even called herself a racist.
Until this came out I followed Polly, I found her stories entertaining but now I’m done. She can’t come back from this for me. And the fact she’s offering to give % of profits going forward towards causes supporting the minorities she wrote hate speech about is ridiculous. Donate the money now, don’t use it as a marketing ploy. She’s spent years on stories talking about every ridiculous thought and thing that’s happened and I’m surprised she didn’t face her viewers with a video apologising heartfeltly and without blaming the era / her age by mentioning it was 10 years ago (neither of which are valid excuses). The fact she’s hiding behind a text statement rather than talking openly and honestly shows has disingenuous this all is. She should have just said I was a really horrible tit person then and I’m going to learn from this. I understand why you quite rightly wouldn’t want to follow and support me going forward, there are so many wonderful creators and small businesses you should support. I’m going to use this platform and my business to promote causes and share links to educate others and promote other small businesses and creators affected by my hateful comments. I know I still have work to do to better myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hasn’t Polly spoke about fears of being ‘cancelled’ or worried about saying things that cause mass offence? Surely she could have went back and tried to delete those posts and tweets. It wasn’t just a few odd things that she’s posted there was bloody loads.

Not saying that deleting the posts make it better but it makes me wonder if she is truthful in thinking what she wrote was actually wrong

Reactions: 13
Just though I'd let you know guys... the previous thread (as of right now) has more than 86,000 views... 😲

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Posted this towards the end of the last thread but adding here too… (thanks to @TeaSpillLil for adding to it)

Small businesses/influencers to support who have called out polly:

@theinsecuregirlsclub (previously did a collab with sighh)

@hayerlily

@yasminjohalx

@hayerlily

@littlescienceco

@abookishscientist

@lyric.stitches

@_charlottesweb

@emilyharveyart

@lizharrydesign

@pocket_perfect (called her out on Twitter. Please go read their recent tweet containing the message theyve sent sighh!)

@megsaystweet (on twitter)

@amyelsw

@spiltmilkpress

@kthrynocnnr (on Twitter, not sure if she’s on insta)

@finestimaginary

@nutmegandarlo

@coconutacha

@okay_doodle

Other mentions:

@catroseobrien (a long term friend apparently, no story but she does appear to have unfollowed)

@skenstudios (also unfollowed apparently)

@lucyjanewood (no story but unfollowed)

@jessicameade_ (one of pollys employees who appears to have removed sighh from her bio)

@amelia_bernard (ex sighh employee who appears to have unfollowed Polly despite being good friends)

@alice_benham (her story doesn’t read the same to me as some of the others listed above, she implies she will still work with Polly. You can decide for yourself whether you want to continue to support her)

@emilyellenart (another ex employeewho appears to have unfollowed - pretty sure this is the right person)

Reactions: 9
Going back to what I previously said regarding her public Twitter account being in the public domain and one she uses in relation to her influencing and business, I am stunned that she didn't evaluate her online presence back in 2020 when the BLM movement really took off with influencers and small businesses.

Majority of people I know, took the opportunity in June 2020 to reflect, listen and learn on issues regarding race and white privilege. She must have been aware of BLM and also aware of her own 'short-comings.' I don't understand how you can write down all that hate speech on your public account and then simply forget about it, especially as social justice issues with race and sexism are so prevalent on social media. Those views really must be deeply entrenched in her up-bringing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Just though I'd let you know guys... the previous thread (as of right now) has more than 86,000 views... 😲
It’s great that people are really taking notice of this and the word is spreading. Polly and Sighh studio cannot just come back like nothing has happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.