Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How would someone confront her with this? Like genuinely, pop her a DM and be like 'hey do u still think like this?'. Considering the fact that she instantly deleted her Twitter and has been going though IG getting rid of old posts, it doesn't exactly seem like she'd take any accountablity for old posts. She hasn't even posted on her business account to apologise and made her personal apology from behind a private account.

People use the word 'cancel culture' to discredit genuine issues in the same way 'social justice warrior' was used in the earlier 2010s. I do agree that cancel culture can go too far but this isn't the case here, it's someone who made over 100 gross comments whilst mature enough to run a business by herself. Even if she has learnt and developed since then, she hasn't provided proof of that in a meaningful way and has even tried to write off past actions in her blog posts and stuff, showing she is aware of that behaviour without offering an apology until it threatens her livelihood.

Long post but this reply rubbed me up the wrong way.

edit: Fixed some typos
Cancel culture is more of a literal slogan nowadays to stifle dissent, rather than a genuine argument made in good faith.

There's a reason why the Republicans in the US use it so much (just like 'woke') and that's who it originally started from, just a cynical tactic because the two words stuck together and the allegation 'cancel culture' will stick in someone's head much longer than any counterargument after it and as with any slogan nowadays from Take Back Control to Get Brexit Done to End the Forever Wars, it's all about repetition repetition repetition and shall we say it again... REPETITION!

I actually wouldn't mind it, if not for the fact that it's so hackneyed and predictable that you could literally code an algorithm to respond to someone who invokes it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The people viciously defending her on Twitter are obviously her relatives, there’s absolutely no way anyone else cares enough to make a private account to fight her corner

Reactions: 25
If the person who found the tweets messaged Polly and alerted her to them, then what? She deletes all the tweets, says she’s not that person now, end of story? No one else would know what a racist witch they were supporting/following. Because she certainly wouldn’t have issued an apology about it.
Right? Polly can educate herself and move forward but right now, these are the consquences of her actions and she should be apologising for this behaviour as it was gross and people rightfully don't want to support her. People can grow out of these views but it's a process that doesn't happen overnight.

If she has took the time to educate herself and this is truly not representative of her current self then she should be able to show that and if not or she can't, she should be taking time out of the spotlight to work on becoming a less biased* person. We all make mistakes but this wasn't a one off, it was a pattern of incredibly problematic thoughts over the course of years that, by the looks of certain comments from those who know her, is not fully erased (if at all).

Moving on from her role as an 'influencer', genuinely taking the time to be honest and work on her beliefs, and admitting responsibility to her customers then working on her business for those who still feel comfortable buying from her feels like the right next step for someone who's actually sorry. I won't be supporting Sighh ever again nor will a lot of customers and that's something she needs to accept responsibility for if she wants to keep her business. It seems like now she's staying quiet and hoping it all blows over which... yikes.

* - Can't think of a term that encompasses all her views.

edit: Also just to add, I hope she has people in her life that aid in this process but it really looks like she's surrounded by yes men looking at the way her family have behaved on Twitter. You can support her daughter without defending her...

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
The people viciously defending her on Twitter are obviously her relatives, there’s absolutely no way anyone else cares enough to make a private account to fight her corner
Yeah and as such they probably hold the same views as she does, so obviously they won’t think what she’s done is wrong.
I do think there is a difference between ignorance (from being young and stupid) and outright racism, and all the other ‘isms she tweeted about. Ignorance because you’re young and calling things gay or r’ tar d as an insult, I think you can grow out of and learn that it’s offensive to use those terms and not say them.
But the stuff she tweeted, that wasn’t just ignorance, that was deep rooted racism and hatred, and I don’t think she’s suddenly decided she doesn’t hate anyone that isn’t white or British. Plus she still hunts/supports hunting defenceless animals so she can duck off! Tory twit!

Reactions: 19
You’re right, I get that. Especially when they’re just wanting a retweet from the exposed account. I saw someone mention Annie D-S though, who’s an active member of the small business community so seems right she should have an opinion about a peer…
Polly has also bought a lot of her prints and Annie and then shared photos that Polly has posted to her own account and website so it makes sense for her to comment. Same as Emma Carlisle but people that have absolutely no connection to her are just jumping on the bandwagon IMO

Reactions: 5
That account didn't ruin Polly's business, Polly herself did. That account has just been reposting what Polly HERSELF chose to put on the internet. There's consequences to your actions, again for similar example is Chrissy Teigen. Maybe Polly has changed, but the sheer amount of tweets/Tumblr posts with horrible content is quite astounding. Especially the *trigger SA*

R@pe ones and child pedophilia. There's just NO way in absolute hell that is ever okay. She had to of known how disgusting and wrong it was to post that and still felt the need to put it out into the realm of the internet.

End Trigger*

Reactions: 12
That account didn't ruin Polly's business, Polly herself did. That account has just been reposting what Polly HERSELF chose to put on the internet. There's consequences to your actions, again for similar example is Chrissy Teigen. Maybe Polly has changed, but the sheer amount of tweets/Tumblr posts with horrible content is quite astounding. Especially the *trigger SA*

R@pe ones and child pedophilia. There's just NO way in absolute hell that is ever okay. She had to of known how disgusting and wrong it was to post that and still felt the need to put it out into the realm of the internet.

End Trigger*
It’s not even like her tweets were protected and only people who follow her could see them. ANYONE could find them. She had every opportunity to delete them. She must know people get cancelled for a lot less than she tweeted about. What made her think her tweets were fine and nothing to worry about?

Reactions: 19
Not too sure what “the tab” is but there’s an article on there!
(was googling to find the Twitter account!)
The Tab is basically a student news site. Considering the a lot of Sighh’s customers are college and university students, there’s a chance of the news of it actually reaching the right audience and having another significant impact on the business, but I wouldn’t hold my breath considering the sheer amount of content it churns out every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s not even like her tweets were protected and only people who follow her could see them. ANYONE could find them. She had every opportunity to delete them. She must know people get cancelled for a lot less than she tweeted about. What made her think her tweets were fine and nothing to worry about?
I do find it interesting that so many influencers don't think to check their social accounts. I suppose they assume they've never said anything offense? but even if you don't think you have, at least go back and check. it takes 2 seconds to search for offensive words. This is the reason I don't believe Polly's apology. she said so many horrifically offensive things repeatedly over several years. this woman is racist, sexist, and homophobic. She doesn't think anything is wrong with what she said, she just learned to hide it and not say those things online. that's why she deleted those horse racing comments. The only thing Polly is sorry about is that she got caught.

Reactions: 11
Hey long time lurker here, driven to posting because I just cannot believe the things I’ve read.

I’ll be honest, before all this hit the fan, I felt that a lot of the comments were quite harsh and I used to read here and think about sending them to Polly (never did though thankfully…)

But Jesus. I never would’ve in a million years expected this from her, despite the massive Tory vibes which I’ve always agreed with

I do agree the apology doesn’t go far enough, and that she should post on Sighh to give customers the whole picture as well as a grid post on her personal. I just don’t see how she’ll get out of this?

I don’t want to seem like I’m excusing her behaviour but a part of me is worried it’ll end up like a Caroline Flack situation if her whole business and life falls apart - is there like a rehab for racism that people can go to to get back on track lmao?
I’m not convinced from her apology that she does want to change. It looks like she’s been caught, took a while to try and figure out how to get away with it, eventually shut her mother up and then put up a less than satisfactory apology.

What struck me the most was she was taking time off to reflect - well I hope she let her members of staff have time off too, or are they to sort out the emails of complaint, cancelled orders and refund requests?

She clearly has a therapist so that would be her best bet, but I’m still not convinced she thinks it’s so awful. I only started reading these threads after I saw on another thread that she had been caught out so I can’t comment on her mental health or whether it will “end up like a Caroline Flack situation”. But as someone who has overcome addiction with a 12-Step programme I know anyone can change - if they really want to of course.

At least she didn’t do an Elle Darby apology video, with her mouth saying sorry about 27 times but her body language screaming “how dare you pull me up on this”

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m not convinced from her apology that she does want to change. It looks like she’s been caught, took a while to try and figure out how to get away with it, eventually shut her mother up and then put up a less than satisfactory apology.

What struck me the most was she was taking time off to reflect - well I hope she let her members of staff have time off too, or are they to sort out the emails of complaint, cancelled orders and refund requests?

She clearly has a therapist so that would be her best bet, but I’m still not convinced she thinks it’s so awful. I only started reading these threads after I saw on another thread that she had been caught out so I can’t comment on her mental health or whether it will “end up like a Caroline Flack situation”. But as someone who has overcome addiction with a 12-Step programme I know anyone can change - if they really want to of course.

At least she didn’t do an Elle Darby apology video, with her mouth saying sorry about 27 times but her body language screaming “how dare you pull me up on this”
Yep, very convenient for her to take some time off and let everyone else deal with her tit. She needs to stay and face the music, not let her staff take the brunt of the complaints and abuse, then sail in when it’s all calmed down a bit.

I bet the reason she hasn’t done an apology video, is because she knows that body language experts would have a field day on it if they watched it. She’s not sorry at all, and that will come across.

Reactions: 8
Obviously that is her family defending her on Twitter, it’s pretty grim really, it’s learnt behaviour. How can anyone think that having thought processes like that is acceptable. Those tweets were absolutely abhorrent and no amount of deleting and hiding a tit apology behind a closed account will change that. She’s not sorry, else she’d brave it out on the Sighh account. Cowardly little runt.

Reactions: 9
Guys look there’s a new one. ‘Jamie’
You’re trying to get me banned off Twitter aren’t you? 😜🤣 not looked yet but I think it’s hillarious that the mouse account said they got blocked (by Polly exposed account) before they could correct their grammar. When that sheesh account is typing like they’ve been on the E numbers 🤣🤣🤣🙄 and they’ve said nothing about their grammar. Just shows they only see what they want to see.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You’re trying to get me banned off Twitter aren’t you? 😜🤣 not looked yet but I think it’s hillarious that the mouse account said they got blocked (by Polly exposed account) before they could correct their grammar. When that sheesh account is typing like they’ve been on the E numbers 🤣🤣🤣🙄 and they’ve said nothing about their grammar. Just shows they only see what they want to see.
Honestly I think the mouse one is her Mum and the Sheesh one probably a cousin or something, sounded a lot younger with the ‘Nah’ etc. Jamie really hates Tattle 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
That Jamie person is not happy about Tattle comments about Pollys friend and bf but seemingly ok about Polly’s disgusting tweets? Ok hun

Reactions: 14
I know we have had the discussion about her only employing white cis gender staff, can you remember when she did the peach patches and asked for people to model them for her social media, can anyone remember if there were any minorities selected for that?

Reactions: 4
Honestly I think the mouse one is her Mum and the Sheesh one probably a cousin or something, sounded a lot younger with the ‘Nah’ etc. Jamie really hates Tattle 😂
I reckon Jamie is her bf. He seems offended at being called smelly lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.