Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Annoyingly I have a gift card for sighh that I've not used yet. Reluctant to use it now but don't want the person who bought it money to go to waste!

Reactions: 2
What I find most concerning about Polly's half-assed apology is I don't think she realised/expected it to be this bad? Like how she expects she can keep making a profit off everyone and donating a % to charity and just having some time off like it's all going to blow over. The fact she doesn't realise quite how serious and disturbing her comments were does make she think she hasn't really changed at all. I felt genuinely sick and shaken after reading what she wrote and I've never felt like that before from tweets/posts

Her products are like paperchase if it was aimed at teenagers honestly nothing special in the grand scheme of the industry
The audacity of her to even presume she’s going to have any customers left after this. I mean she obviously will have customers, either people that think she’s changed, or people that don’t know anything about what she’s said, but I don’t think she should just assume she’s going to have customers going forward. Makes her look arrogant as duck!

Reactions: 10
I've exchanged DMs with her over the years and shes always come across very blunt and like she thinks shes better than everyone else so the arrogance is no surprise

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I find it really odd how all her old friends put out statements condemning polly's tweets and tumblr posts and they all said that they are not as close anymore, but surely they were friends with her in 2011 onwards, when she was actually tweeting this tit?! even if they didn't see the tweets until now, polly must have been using that kinda language around them ?

Reactions: 18
What I find most concerning about Polly's half-assed apology is I don't think she realised/expected it to be this bad? Like how she expects she can keep making a profit off everyone and donating a % to charity and just having some time off like it's all going to blow over. The fact she doesn't realise quite how serious and disturbing her comments were does make she think she hasn't really changed at all. I felt genuinely sick and shaken after reading what she wrote and I've never felt like that before from tweets/posts

Her products are like paperchase if it was aimed at teenagers honestly nothing special in the grand scheme of the industry
I really don't think her mum going off on one on twitter helped either. It really showed that she was sorry she'd been caught rather than sorry for what she said.

Her mum's lack of awareness about how insulting to everyone those tweets are is staggering. She seems to think it was a phase that other folks went through too...when really it wasn't, it was a constant stream of horrific content that her daughter was responsible for.

Reactions: 25
Annoyingly I have a gift card for sighh that I've not used yet. Reluctant to use it now but don't want the person who bought it money to go to waste!
I would ask for a refund for it anyway. They can only say no. But under the circumstances, I think she should refund anyone that asks for one. No one wants to walk around wearing her tit now, or displaying her crap in their house, to be reminded of what a twit she is every time they look at it.

Reactions: 17
I can’t believe she hasn’t addressed it on Sighh yet, it’s so unprofessional to ignore it, whilst comments are limited and the shop is still open

Reactions: 26
Looking for new small stationary businesses (as my disorganised ass has not bought a 2022 planner or calendar yet) and the list abookishscientist has compiled has made me realise that Sighh is really not very unique. I always knew Polly was a wrong’un but I was under the spell of those daily balance pads for YEARS

Reactions: 8
This was posted by @scoobie on the first page of the first Polly thread. Seems rather apt now 😜

“I got that vibe too! Followed her on insta for years, then I followed her on twitter one day a few months ago but swiftly unfollowed.

I can’t remember anything specific either but I know there were a few bad takes. I realised I don’t like her personality as much as I once thought I did. Instagram Polly and twitter Polly are very different people.”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I feel bad for her employees especially the freelancers who’d expected work this month. With orders cancelled left right and centre from the public and also I expect from independent retailers that may have had orders for restocking she must be needing to left staff go quite swiftly. I wonder how much of this came as a surprise to them. I can’t imagine she’s nice to work for. I used to have a boss who was super self absorbed, hot and cold, drama queen (never mind the awful hate speech Polly has done) and it was exhausting. You exist purely for their benefit and if your not her favourite pet that week she’d pretend you didn’t exist or talk to you like tit. I can imagine Polly having favourites, mood swings and a real me me me mentality.

Reactions: 11
I unfollowed her maybe even a year ago now due to a conversation I had with her that may be relevant in shining a light on who she is now. She posted something about poly relationships and about how she can’t imagine how they work so I sent her a reply, thinking she wanted to LEARN, about my own experience with poly relationships and she just replied with ‘haha still sounds weird could never be me’. Not necessarily a marginalised group or anywhere near as bad as the stuff that’s been uncovered as late but thought it definitely showcases how closed minded she continues to be even now.

Reactions: 29
I’m wondering in regards to people like Alice and Sapphire (owner of thecovengirlgang), if pollys currently paying for their services how would they go about it because they can’t discriminate against someone (ironic because of everything pollys said) but they probably don’t vet everyone who signs up to their courses/memberships so maybe that explains Alice’s statement a little more?

This was posted by @scoobie on the first page of the first Polly thread. Seems rather apt now 😜

“I got that vibe too! Followed her on insta for years, then I followed her on twitter one day a few months ago but swiftly unfollowed.

I can’t remember anything specific either but I know there were a few bad takes. I realised I don’t like her personality as much as I once thought I did. Instagram Polly and twitter Polly are very different people.”
Little did I know a few bad Tory takes were the least of our worries but I’m quite proud of my crappy person radar for this one 😭

Reactions: 16
Little did I know a few bad Tory takes were the least of our worries but I’m quite proud of my crappy person radar for this one 😭
I bet so many influencers are shitting themselves now, and searching keywords on their own twitters/fb accounts and deleting anything which might get them in the tit now.

Reactions: 19
I bet so many influencers are shitting themselves now, and searching keywords on their own twitters/fb accounts and deleting anything which might get them in the tit now.
Yep there’s no way there’s not more of them who have just managed to cover their tracks

Reactions: 5
all the 🌈👒👗 infographic-fluencers 🌺🍄🍉 using this as an excuse to promote their stationary need to read the room. seriously? i thought it was big business’ who were cut throat and used peoples downfalls for their own gain but turns out its people with ipad pros who make clay jewellery doing it too.

not saying anything polly did was okay, but if you see someone’s life falling apart and you read disgusting vile tweets that have really upset people … and your first thought is to get your 🌈brand🌈 out there then you aren’t as ‘positive vibes’ as you think you are.

Reactions: 23
all the 🌈👒👗 infographic-fluencers 🌺🍄🍉 using this as an excuse to promote their stationary need to read the room. seriously? i thought it was big business’ who were cut throat and used peoples downfalls for their own gain but turns out its people with ipad pros who make clay jewellery doing it too.

not saying anything polly did was okay, but if you see someone’s life falling apart and you read disgusting vile tweets that have really upset people … and your first thought is to get your 🌈brand🌈 out there then you aren’t as ‘positive vibes’ as you think you are.
It’s proper cringing me out watching them all fawn over the Polly Exposed account to get their brand Retweeted

Reactions: 6
Hand and palm who polly used to post about/interact with a lot is still following and hasn’t mentioned anything. I can’t imagine that people with such a big following haven’t seen about it by now, which makes me wonder whether they don’t think what she’s done is that bad

Reactions: 1
Hand and palm who polly used to post about/interact with a lot is still following and hasn’t mentioned anything. I can’t imagine that people with such a big following haven’t seen about it by now, which makes me wonder whether they don’t think what she’s done is that bad
This is the thing, people above in this thread saying these small businesses shouldn’t post about it without a direct collaboration but if they don’t then people would think this. They can’t win 🙃 It’s a small community, I think they’re all just making their POV heard which is valid.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.