Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the thing, people above in this thread saying these small businesses shouldn’t post about it without a direct collaboration but if they don’t then people would think this. They can’t win 🙃 It’s a small community, I think they’re all just making their POV heard which is valid.
a lot of it is performative though. that's my issue. by this point, you don't need to post about it to "get the word out" the word is already out.

all the 🌈👒👗 infographic-fluencers 🌺🍄🍉 using this as an excuse to promote their stationary need to read the room. seriously? i thought it was big business’ who were cut throat and used peoples downfalls for their own gain but turns out its people with ipad pros who make clay jewellery doing it too.

not saying anything polly did was okay, but if you see someone’s life falling apart and you read disgusting vile tweets that have really upset people … and your first thought is to get your 🌈brand🌈 out there then you aren’t as ‘positive vibes’ as you think you are.
this is what I meant when I said a lot of the small businesses posting about Polly's racism are only doing it to look good and get some clout, maybe even some sales from posting about it when it literally has nothing to do with them

Reactions: 5
This is the thing, people above in this thread saying these small businesses shouldn’t post about it without a direct collaboration but if they don’t then people would think this. They can’t win 🙃 It’s a small community, I think they’re all just making their POV heard which is valid.
I definitely think if they’ve worked with Polly/stocked her they should address it to show they don’t want to be associated with it. I also think everyone should speak up if they can but they should name her rather than indirect posting about it as that doesn’t alert anyone. The problem I have now with a lot of the small businesses is that it feels disingenuous and bandwagoning as duck

Reactions: 1
The best thing small businesses can do is make sure to tag Polly and her company. Yes they may benefit as it is almost like promo, but at least they're spreading the word.

Reactions: 4
The best thing small businesses can do is make sure to tag Polly and her company. Yes they may benefit as it is almost like promo, but at least they're spreading the word.
You can’t tag her lmao

Reactions: 4
I definitely think if they’ve worked with Polly/stocked her they should address it to show they don’t want to be associated with it. I also think everyone should speak up if they can but they should name her rather than indirect posting about it as that doesn’t alert anyone. The problem I have now with a lot of the small businesses is that it feels disingenuous and bandwagoning as duck
You’re right, I get that. Especially when they’re just wanting a retweet from the exposed account. I saw someone mention Annie D-S though, who’s an active member of the small business community so seems right she should have an opinion about a peer…

Which Vadasz has made this Twitter account to defend Polly?
I have a simple question for Polly. Why did she choose to approach the entirety of Twitter to offend, hurt and discriminate against countless minority communities? It stinks of bigoted privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
If she gets cancelled that’s her own doing. She’s had 10 years to realise what she said was fucked up and wrong on every level, yet she chose to leave it all on a public account, where anyone could find it if they wanted to. It’s nobody else’s fault that she’s too stupid to remove them once she grew a larger following.

Reactions: 21
Which Vadasz has made this Twitter account to defend Polly?
How would someone confront her with this? Like genuinely, pop her a DM and be like 'hey do u still think like this?'. Considering the fact that she instantly deleted her Twitter and has been going though IG getting rid of old posts, it doesn't exactly seem like she'd take any accountablity for old posts. She hasn't even posted on her business account to apologise and made her personal apology from behind a private account.

People use the word 'cancel culture' to discredit genuine issues in the same way 'social justice warrior' was used in the earlier 2010s. I do agree that cancel culture can go too far but this isn't the case here, it's someone who made over 100 gross comments whilst mature enough to run a business by herself. Even if she has learnt and developed since then, she hasn't provided proof of that in a meaningful way and has even tried to write off past actions in her blog posts and stuff, showing she is aware of that behaviour without offering an apology until it threatens her livelihood.

Long post but this reply rubbed me up the wrong way.

edit: Fixed some typos

Reactions: 23
It blows my mind anyone thinks someone other than Polly is responsible for whatever consequences she faces now

Reactions: 24
How would someone confront her with this? Like genuinely, pop her a DM and be like 'hey do u still think like this?'. Considering the fact that she instantly deleted her Twitter and has been going though IG getting rid of old posts, it doesn't exactly seem like she'd take any accountablity for old posts. She hasn't even posted on her business account to apologise and made her personal apology from behind a private account.

People use the word 'cancel culture' to discredit genuine issues in the same way 'social justice warrior' was used in the earlier 2010s. I do agree that cancel culture can go too far but this isn't the case here, it's someone who made over 100 gross conments whilst mature enough to run a business by herself. Even if she has learnt and developed since then, she hasn't provided proof of that in a meaningful way and has even tried to write off past actions in her blog posts and stuff, showing she is aware of that behaviour without offering an apology until it threatens her livelihood.

Long post but this reply rubbed me up the wrong way.
If the person who found the tweets messaged Polly and alerted her to them, then what? She deletes all the tweets, says she’s not that person now, end of story? No one else would know what a racist witch they were supporting/following. Because she certainly wouldn’t have issued an apology about it.

Reactions: 24
If the person who found the tweets messaged Polly and alerted her to them, then what? She deletes all the tweets, says she’s not that person now, end of story? No one else would know what a racist witch they were supporting/following. Because she certainly wouldn’t have issued an apology about it.
Also, privately messaging someone with screenshots can probably easily be interpreted as blackmail

Reactions: 9
I’d put a lot of money on Sheesh being her mom. Same unhinged way of talking. Who do we think is “anony-mouse”? Polly herself? Both new accounts, no followers, only talk about Polly.

You can’t tag her lmao
Sorry by tag I mean actually mentioning her account name, I need to stop typing faster than I process my thoughts 😂 there's no point in saying "there's a racist influencer that's been outed" and not mention any names.

Reactions: 14
Strange take expecting someone to message her privately. The whole point of this is to show her customer base what kind of person they’re funding the life of, so they can decide if they want to continue supporting her or not. Messaging her privately would’ve kept her customers in the dark

Reactions: 16
Just looked and this one sounds exactly like Polly’s Mum did before she went private. The Sheesh one seems slightly unhinged.
Omg I’ve just read those tweets. What a pair of bleeping losers! I’ve had to come off there before I say something that will get me suspended lol

Sorry by tag I mean actually mentioning her account name, I need to stop typing faster than I process my thoughts 😂 there's no point in saying "there's a racist influencer that's been outed" and not mention any names.
Lol yeah, now they need to narrow it down a bit, because at the moment, that could be anyone 😜

• Haha
Omg I’ve just read those tweets. What a pair of bleeping losers! I’ve had to come off there before I say something that will get me suspended lol
The Sheesh one is deranged ‘stop being so woke there’s real issues in the world’ 🤢🤢🤢 and demanding the account takes responsibility for ruining Polly’s business? Okay, the account is a bit enthusiastic, but Polly ruined her own business 🤨

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.