Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd probably be put off social media and go wholesale, like how she used to sell her card designs to that other company.

But I doubt she'd give up on Sighh entirely given how many years she put into it. I could see her bringing someone else on board to "lead" the company and boost PR and her moving into design only. Maybe also rebranding?
They needed to rebrand anyway, 'Sighh' is a real cringey name

Reactions: 17
Is that Jess who used to make fitness content until she piled on quite a lot of weight one time and then kind of disappeared? I really, really don't like her, but I can't remember exactly why. I remember all her fitness stuff and there was something just off about her.
It’s fair enough if you don’t like her, but commenting on someone’s weight, past or present, doesn’t make sense when we’re all angry at Polly for being fatphobic x

Reactions: 13
The way it played out to me is, I saw one of the smaller business mention it and others followed suit as word got around, it was more shock factor than anything else a lot of them looked up to Sighh and couldn't believe what they were seeing so stories started to come oout saying "I can't believe this, I don't stand by any of this" kind of thing.

That's the way I saw it anyway.

Reactions: 6
It’s fair enough if you don’t like her, but commenting on someone’s weight, past or present, doesn’t make sense when we’re all angry at Polly for being fatphobic x
I’m stating a fact? She gained a lot of weight so stopped doing fitness content…that’s not fatphobic.

Reactions: 26
The way it played out to me is, I saw one of the smaller business mention it and others followed suit as word got around, it was more shock factor than anything else a lot of them looked up to Sighh and couldn't believe what they were seeing so stories started to come oout saying "I can't believe this, I don't stand by any of this" kind of thing.

That's the way I saw it anyway.
I’ve never heard of any of the accounts that have spoken out about her (apart from spiltmilkpress, who I follow, and gobshite of course) so not sure how big their follower count is. But I would imagine they probably feel paranoid that everyone knows they followed her, and therefore must share her views, even if no one really knew about it until now. They’re probably just covering their arse.

Reactions: 5
I’ve never heard of any of the accounts that have spoken out about her (apart from spiltmilkpress, who I follow, and gobshite of course) so not sure how big their follower count is. But I would imagine they probably feel paranoid that everyone knows they followed her, and therefore must share her views, even if no one really knew about it until now. They’re probably just covering their arse.
Yeah maybe, I know most of them as I am in the planner community, so I follow all the sticker and stationery shops I buy from, most of them are friends with each other (apart from gobbie who doesn't interact with peasants lol) so just seems to me that they were shocked to see it from a bigger member of the community. That's just how it seemed to me but you're probably right too they will be shitting it also that they'll get called out for not usin their platforms to call the behaviour out too.

Reactions: 1
Handmadenotts stocks her and so does shoptomloves any idea if they’ve spoken out?

Reactions: 2
I’m stating a fact? She gained a lot of weight so stopped doing fitness content…that’s not fatphobic.
I think the phrasing is bad here ‘a lot of weight’ just doesn’t need commenting? She’s taken herself away from the fitness sphere.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah maybe, I know most of them as I am in the planner community, so I follow all the sticker and stationery shops I buy from, most of them are friends with each other (apart from gobbie who doesn't interact with peasants lol) so just seems to me that they were shocked to see it from a bigger member of the community. That's just how it seemed to me but you're probably right too they will be shitting it also that they'll get called out for not usin their platforms to call the behaviour out too.
Yeah my post was more of an add on to yours. I agree with what you said, but also think they feel they need to say something incase people are looking at them like 🧐 “you followed her, aren’t you going to say how bad it is? If not you must agree with her?” They probably feel embarrassed as well, or ashamed if they’ve ever supported her or interacted with her in any way, even if it’s just liking one of her posts.

Reactions: 1
Re the small businesses, I think, from experience, they all looked up to polly so much and the comments from polly were SO vile that maybe it was half a case of ‘I don’t want to be associated with her anymore’ but also maybe ‘it isn’t fair that this person will get to keep leading the small business brigade when she’s a raging racist’

I’ve read the threads and up to page 10 of this one, so apologies if I repeat what someone’s already said. Possible unpopular opinion here but don’t a lot of these influencers and small business just sound like they’re speaking from a script with the main purpose to protect their own “brands”? 🤔🥱

can we bin influencer culture now?

Reactions: 18
Re the small businesses, I think, from experience, they all looked up to polly so much and the comments from polly were SO vile that maybe it was half a case of ‘I don’t want to be associated with her anymore’ but also maybe ‘it isn’t fair that this person will get to keep leading the small business brigade when she’s a raging racist’
If I was a small business, I think it would be a kick in the teeth, especially if I was selling the same sort of stuff she was selling, and let’s face it, it’s hardly unique the stuff she sells, not like there’s not a million and one other people selling the same sort of thing. So if she still manages to keep her business afloat after all this, I’d be pretty pissed off.

Reactions: 3
Yeah my post was more of an add on to yours. I agree with what you said, but also think they feel they need to say something incase people are looking at them like 🧐 “you followed her, aren’t you going to say how bad it is? If not you must agree with her?” They probably feel embarrassed as well, or ashamed if they’ve ever supported her or interacted with her in any way, even if it’s just liking one of her posts.
Totally agree with all of this!

Eee might get slaughtered for this but I’m starting to agree…I feel like she really deserves the backlash, and strongly think that anyone who doesn’t want to work with her anymore or support her business is more than entitled to do so. At the same time it must be so so awful to see everyone turning against you so publicly no matter how deserved it is, some of the friends I feel it’s quite performative as there’s no way they didn’t know this about her before so it seems like rats leaving the ship kind of thing. Especially if her boyfriend has dumped her over it too and she has anxiety/MH problems. Idk it’s tough because there should be consequences of course, and I’m really not in any way excusing what she’s done. Not sure what the answer is but that’s the end of my tiny shred of empathy for her anyway, she was big enough to post that awful stuff 10 years ago so hopefully she’s big enough to deal with the consequences now
This is the gamble with influencer culture, it’s all ego and they feel untouchable, until it all comes crashing down and what do they have? Their brand is forever tarnished and their digital footprint is a huge risk to future employment.

Reactions: 9
What I find most concerning about Polly's half-assed apology is I don't think she realised/expected it to be this bad? Like how she expects she can keep making a profit off everyone and donating a % to charity and just having some time off like it's all going to blow over. The fact she doesn't realise quite how serious and disturbing her comments were does make she think she hasn't really changed at all. I felt genuinely sick and shaken after reading what she wrote and I've never felt like that before from tweets/posts

Her products are like paperchase if it was aimed at teenagers honestly nothing special in the grand scheme of the industry

Reactions: 22
Don’t worry, we all know what she does to make herself feel better if she’s having a bad day, don’t we? 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They’re really trying to push the “it was over 10 years ago, she’s a different person now” narrative. Once again, there are tweets from when she was 18 and 19 years old. It’s disgusting how ignorant they are being about this situation. Polly’s mum is making this so much worse.
Sorry, i'm really behind, but had to chime in, that some of these comment are from 2017 where she would be 21?!

I get the impression her mother doesn't believe that Polly has actually done anything wrong, that these tweets and language used by her daughter are just 'high jinks'

In truth her Mother is just revealing who they all truly are. Family only seemed against brexit for how it could effect them economically and that it cold present extra hurdles when getting another poor au pair / cleaner over etc.

Leave poor Jane Goldly alone to have whatever surgery it is she is having, and pay your damn self if you want any legal advise / spin doctoring and contact the correct people during working hours. I hope they tell you to do one personally.

Manbun should also take time to reflect if this is the company and energy he wants to bring into 2022. I wouldn't want to date someone who thought and spoke like this.

embarrassingly the only thing i ever bought from sighh were 2 of the totes. can’t afford to bin them and get new ones so will have to figure out how to tear off the bloody decals on them
Demand a refund. State not fit for intended purpose, as it isn't you cannot wear this comfortably in public anymore.
Do a credit card charge back if ýou paid that way and she refuses. I don't blame you not wanting to carry those bags, and it's not your fault she misrepresented her brand.

I’d be emailing to have it returned. I don’t see how they can say no when all this has happened. Not normal ‘returning policy’ scenario!
Agree with you completely. Try a card chargeback by ringing your local branch, or going in if they still have branches open.
PayPal open a case for a return etc. Good luck!

There's no doubt that this needs addressing on the Sighh account. Over the space of just over a year I've spent over a hundred pounds on stuff from there and I just feel completely physically sick about it now. I also still have a pending order - if I didn't know what was going on with her right now I'd probably be looking at the socials wondering why the heck the comments were turned off, I'd be angrily emailing wanting an update... but now I'm just wanting her to cancel all the orders honestly.
I emailed Sighh requesting to cancel an order and got an email saying that it would be cancelled and refunded and it was Polly who answered it, which i thought was interesting because im pretty sure she hadn't been doing the customer service part of sighh for a good while now....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.