Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah
Anyone else finding these copy and paste statements from fellows creators and small business a bit off? Polly was clearly a very problematic person with a reputation in her circles for bullying and offensive views yet they were all happy to work with her until the tit hit the fan. How did it take this long for all these public awful posts to come to light too? Whilst there was money to be made turning a blind eye and all that 🤷🏻‍♀️
I would be i interested to know if any of the influencers that have made similar statements to each other are under the same management companies

Reactions: 3
Yeah

I would be i interested to know if any of the influencers that have made similar statements to each other are under the same management companies
Usually has their management company in their bio doesn’t it?

I hope nobody gets any hate working for her even if they stay, it's very easy to unfollow someone or not buy from them anymore but it's definitely not that easy to just quit your job and get another one. Sometimes doing that takes months and they might not be able to afford to run the risk. I would say any of her employees choosing for now to stay with her isn’t indicative of them condoning her behaviour at all. Must be an awful position to be in tbh
Absolutely agree. I wouldn’t be able to quit so suddenly, especially in January! But as others have said, I’d expect they’re looking for new jobs.
also, if they have quit without providing notice (that’ll be in their contract) they may not get paid all they’re owed so it’s not really in their interest. Depends how much of a dick Polly is when it comes to things like that

Reactions: 10
Her employees need to be left out of this. It’s their livelihoods at stake.

Reactions: 36
Absolutely agree. I wouldn’t be able to quit so suddenly, especially in January! But as others have said, I’d expect they’re looking for new jobs.
also, if they have quit without providing notice (that’ll be in their contract) they may not get paid all they’re owed so it’s not really in their interest. Depends how much of a dick Polly is when it comes to things like that
I vaguely recall Polly undergoing some coaching on how to be a better boss, so I'd imagine the contracts are pretty fair (two weeks' notice for those working there for less than six months, for example). If I were them, I'd use up as much paid sick leave and holiday time as possible until I find a new job.

Don’t usually post on here but just wanted to add this - I requested a refund on the diary I bought a day or so before this all came to light and she has responded to cancel and refund the order. It was signed off as Polly but can’t be sure if it’s her of one of the other girls

Reactions: 14
I did feel bad that perhaps Polly is on her own and unsure as to how to handle anything, but then I remember that she probably has a lot of help behind the scenes that we don't see. Like with the business coaching, and having someone help her with all the contracts and paperwork stuff, I have no doubt she'll have a business advisor or even be able to find and pay someone now tit's hit the fan to help her with this. She has a huge amount of privilege and can actually use that now to help her do damage control. Her Uncle (I think? a relative at least) has a successful business in commerce so no doubt she will have access to a lot of help and advice through connections too.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think her staff will up and leave. Not unless they didn’t really like her very much in the first place, or they can find another job easily.
It might be awkward for a while, but it will be forgotten about and swept under the carpet in a couple of months, and everything will be back to normal with just a few less customers initially.
That seems to be what happens in these cases. Everyone is outraged, then people start feeling sorry for them and bringing up Caroline flack and then it gets forgotten about. People can get away with anything as long as they throw in the mental health card. Look at Katie price 🙄

Polly Exposed I have a suggestion. Don’t retweet all the small businesses jumping on your thread advertising themselves it’s tacky AF especially when not a single one of them stood up and said Polly was wrong

Reactions: 20
I’ve not been in the position but I do wonder if it’s difficult to separate the person people know her as today with the person in those screenshots. If it was my best friend or even a close friend would I just abandon my friendship if it has been positive? It doesn’t take away that what she said was wrong and absolutely disgusting - I just wonder if, if she didn’t have a following and this backlash and friends found this information on their own without the judgement from others whether or not they would continue the friendship.

Reactions: 2
I'd be laying low and applying elsewhere. Jess especially probably has more than enough experience at Sighh so it would make sense for her to move on after this to avoid being associated with Polly plus it seemed from a few things she said that she was kind of over Polly

what did jess say that made it seem she was over polly?

Reactions: 1
what did jess say that made it seem she was over polly?
There's just been a few times she's implied Polly doesn't do much work, and there's been quite a few times Polly has filmed her and she's rolled her eyes. You can see it back in older threads.

Reactions: 6
Polly Exposed I have a suggestion. Don’t retweet all the small businesses jumping on your thread advertising themselves it’s tacky AF especially when not a single one of them stood up and said Polly was wrong
i get the feeling quite a few of those small busineses are only posting to look good. I don't doubt they dislike the things polly said but there's really no need to publicly say anything unless they've directly worked with her (like designing products or selling Sighh stationery, etc.) Finest imaginery and annie come to mind. nobody asked you to say anything . you never worked with POlly and you were in no way affiliated. there's no need for these small businesses to post about what's going on other than to look good. it's gross.

Reactions: 16
Is that Jess who used to make fitness content until she piled on quite a lot of weight one time and then kind of disappeared? I really, really don't like her, but I can't remember exactly why. I remember all her fitness stuff and there was something just off about her.

I’m confused because there’s 2 girls named Jess 😂 the theatre gal that works at Sighh and jessdoeslife, so I never know which one is being discussed

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What do we all think Polly’s next move will be ?
I'd probably be put off social media and go wholesale, like how she used to sell her card designs to that other company.

But I doubt she'd give up on Sighh entirely given how many years she put into it. I could see her bringing someone else on board to "lead" the company and boost PR and her moving into design only. Maybe also rebranding?

Reactions: 8
i get the feeling quite a few of those small busineses are only posting to look good. I don't doubt they dislike the things polly said but there's really no need to publicly say anything unless they've directly worked with her (like designing products or selling Sighh stationery, etc.) Finest imaginery and annie come to mind. nobody asked you to say anything . you never worked with POlly and you were in no way affiliated. there's no need for these small businesses to post about what's going on other than to look good. it's gross.
I mean yeah some of them are probably posting to look good/boost their business etc, but the more people that mention it, the more people will know about it. Even if they don’t mention her by name, people are nosey enough to seek out the information for themselves.

The small businesses that are “speaking out” but still following her are the worst though

Reactions: 5
The small businesses that are “speaking out” but still following her are the worst though
I think they’re probably still following to be nosey, as she’s on private. If she goes public again I think they will all unfollow her. (Hopefully) and if they don’t they’re going to look pretty disingenuous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.