Polly Vadasz #3 new year new me, 167 counts of bigotry, hehe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do we all think Polly’s next move will be ?
I can see her being quiet for a good month, especially on her personal. I think slowly she’ll start posting on sighh again but I think she’ll definitely show her face a lot less on there now

Reactions: 11
I can see her being quiet for a good month, especially on her personal. I think slowly she’ll start posting on sighh again but I think she’ll definitely show her face a lot less on there now
Wonder how she will cope without over sharing to 39k people! Who will she tell that she has waxed her hole ?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Lurker from the last few days 👀

Completely agree with everything said, her apology isn’t an apology at all and the lack of response from the Sighh account plus her account going private is disingenuous and just a cover up from her.

Someone mentioned posts being deleted from her personal account and it seems to be posts of the Sighh team - the post of their Christmas party and earring shoot are no longer there!

Not all of her friends have spoken out about this either. Alice made a statement but nothing from Jess, they did Alice’s podcast together on the topic of dating with an online presence (😬) and they are clearly good friends. If I remember correctly Jess and Alice and lunch together on Christmas Eve!

Sorry I meant Jess and Polly! Can’t figure out how to edit!
jess and polly have been friends for quite a while, im sure they’re from similair areas?

Reactions: 1
Long-time lurker on Tattle generally, first time poster on this thread - this is just a big spill out of my thoughts because I am not being productive at work and I need to get some headspace back. This whole thing has literally given me a migraine as I feel so guilty.

There's no doubt that this needs addressing on the Sighh account. Over the space of just over a year I've spent over a hundred pounds on stuff from there and I just feel completely physically sick about it now. I also still have a pending order - if I didn't know what was going on with her right now I'd probably be looking at the socials wondering why the heck the comments were turned off, I'd be angrily emailing wanting an update... but now I'm just wanting her to cancel all the orders honestly.

I also have a real problem with the number of times she's referred to Sighh as a "feminist business" or used feminist themes on collections... does she not realise that feminism is an intrinsically left-wing ideology and does not even begin to combine with right-wing views?

I feel really bad for the women who work for her, they may end up bearing the brunt of the incoming downturn of the business... She shouldn't be donating a percentage of her "profits", she should be donating a percentage of her personal salary that she pays herself.

I feel like such a mug, I've got some of her prints in my office next to prints from genuine feminist, inclusive businesses...
You or anyone else that has bought stuff from her in the past have done nothing wrong at all. ❤ If you feel you need to throw the stuff away, do that. But don’t blame yourself for something she did.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Lurker from the last few days 👀

Completely agree with everything said, her apology isn’t an apology at all and the lack of response from the Sighh account plus her account going private is disingenuous and just a cover up from her.

Someone mentioned posts being deleted from her personal account and it seems to be posts of the Sighh team - the post of their Christmas party and earring shoot are no longer there!

Not all of her friends have spoken out about this either. Alice made a statement but nothing from Jess, they did Alice’s podcast together on the topic of dating with an online presence (😬) and they are clearly good friends. If I remember correctly Jess and Alice and lunch together on Christmas Eve!

Sorry I meant Jess and Polly! Can’t figure out how to edit!
TBH If they are actually friends IRL I'm not sure I'd expect a statement or a distancing. Whilst the things Polly said are appalling, if you've had a long term and genuine friendship with someone, and don't recognise your friend in their old content, I wouldn't instantly write off the friendship. How I felt about that friend would depend on their reaction.
I understand that it's different for people in the public eye, where their income depends on public perception. But we shouldn't forget that people are still people and have genuine human relationships. Whilst I think Alice's statement was a cop out in terms of accountability, it at least felt like it represented how she actually feels about Polly and her friendship with her. I have a bit more respect for that than performatively dropping someone you have a real friendship with, without giving them the chance to respond, to protect your public image.
Just to quantify that I am truly appalled by what Polly wrote. If I was her friend in real life, I would be hurt and upset, and I'd need to see honest and genuine reflection going very very deep. I'd also consider her interactions with me and whether that indicated the tweets were reflective of who she is now, or whether she had genuinely changed.

Reactions: 12
The Polly exposed account on twitter is only following one person. Does that suggest that’s the person who’s running it?

Reels about her employees (meet the maker, crafting tutorial videos) have been removed. Really glad that her employees have more protection now as it would be awful if they were to receive any hate or abuse. I can’t imagine how uneasy they feel right now coming into 2022. They either have to leave and lose their job or stay on working for her knowing they would get hate for working for her.

Reactions: 10
What do we all think Polly’s next move will be ?
I think she’ll be quiet for a long time on her Instagram but Sighh Instagram will have to start posting soonish otherwise they’ll lose business.
I think whatever is posted on Sighh will have comments restricted (or turned off) and will be very impersonal. I don’t expect any videos of her staff packing or having a laugh anytime soon

Also, I know some people said they’d ordered them.

have the 2022 diaries been dispatched yet???
Think they were due to be sent yesterday if her employees went back to work as normal

Reactions: 7
Anyone else finding these copy and paste statements from fellows creators and small business a bit off? Polly was clearly a very problematic person with a reputation in her circles for bullying and offensive views yet they were all happy to work with her until the tit hit the fan. How did it take this long for all these public awful posts to come to light too? Whilst there was money to be made turning a blind eye and all that 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 29
jess and polly have been friends for quite a while, im sure they’re from similair areas?
I messaged Jess and asked if she was going to comment and she ignored me - I know she’ll have seen it as she only has around 4k, and she still hasn’t addressed it. Alice and Jess live together and given that Alice made a half arsed attempt at commenting I’m not expecting much from Jess at this point

Polly is incredibly lucky that she has her business, there will still be thousands of customers that have no idea what’s going on and will still buy from her to keep things ticking over. Imagine if she just had a normal job, she’d have lost it instantly with no safety net. So each time I start to feel bad for her I remember how much worse it could be for her, and that the things she said weren’t just a couple of mistakes but hundreds of nasty comments spanning many years

Reactions: 7
I messaged Jess and asked if she was going to comment and she ignored me - I know she’ll have seen it as she only has around 4k, and she still hasn’t addressed it. Alice and Jess live together and given that Alice made a half arsed attempt at commenting I’m not expecting much from Jess at this point

Polly is incredibly lucky that she has her business, there will still be thousands of customers that have no idea what’s going on and will still buy from her to keep things ticking over. Imagine if she just had a normal job, she’d have lost it instantly with no safety net. So each time I start to feel bad for her I remember how much worse it could be for her, and that the things she said weren’t just a couple of mistakes but hundreds of nasty comments spanning many years
to be fair to Jess, I did see on stories earlier she has Covid and she’s gone to her parents house (because they are away)

Reactions: 1
Obviously Amelia left, leaving jess and Beth (?? Might have got the 2nd ones name wrong), the other 4 were just Christmas temps. So I guess it’s just the 2 of them that need to decide what to do. Out of interest what would all of you do if you were her employee rn?

Reactions: 2
Obviously Amelia left, leaving jess and Beth (?? Might have got the 2nd ones name wrong), the other 4 were just Christmas temps. So I guess it’s just the 2 of them that need to decide what to do. Out of interest what would all of you do if you were her employee rn?
it's a really difficult one. if it was me and I was in the same position, I couldn't just leave - not to be a dick but I need to eat, pay bills etc. I'd probably get saving and more importantly start looking for other jobs. I don't think I could stay forever, but let's not forget that bills cannot be paid by principles. for sure I'd be job hunting though.

Reactions: 31
Seems that looking at sighhs insta that Beth left/leaving asap. Amelia (for freelance) and Jess are staying (for now) since their faces are still seen on the grid

Reactions: 5
I'd be laying low and applying elsewhere. Jess especially probably has more than enough experience at Sighh so it would make sense for her to move on after this to avoid being associated with Polly plus it seemed from a few things she said that she was kind of over Polly

Reactions: 4
it's a really difficult one. if it was me and I was in the same position, I couldn't just leave - not to be a dick but I need to eat, pay bills etc. I'd probably get saving and more importantly start looking for other jobs. I don't think I could stay forever, but let's not forget that bills cannot be paid by principles. for sure I'd be job hunting though.
This. Not everyone has the privilege of leaving their jobs right away. I'd want to leave but wouldn't be able to afford to until I managed to line up another job. I also wonder how much this will affect Polly's sales which could effect the pay to her employees. I for sure wouldn't stay but as I said I'd apply elsewhere until I found another job.

Reactions: 26
I hope nobody gets any hate working for her even if they stay, it's very easy to unfollow someone or not buy from them anymore but it's definitely not that easy to just quit your job and get another one. Sometimes doing that takes months and they might not be able to afford to run the risk. I would say any of her employees choosing for now to stay with her isn’t indicative of them condoning her behaviour at all. Must be an awful position to be in tbh

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.