Phillip Schofield #3 Dancing on thin ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Iā€™m not sure this link will work and I know itā€™s a little off topic but when youā€™ve all been speaking about YMU management and the lengths theyā€™ll go to protect their celebs, I canā€™t believe they let Holly go on the one show in this state šŸ˜‚

You just know someone got a bollocking for letting that go ahead lol please watch the video as I promise itā€™ll be worth 7mins of your time to see Holly drunk/off her face. Especially after the flack they gave Kerry Katona being drunk on TM. I think Holly was actually worse and it was barely spoken about!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Iā€™ve just seen a claim Ruth put her foot down and ā€œtook the runnerā€ with her over to Loose Women after Phillip had a falling out with him and tried to get rid of him from ITV all together. So the falling out with Ruth probably did stem from this situation. I believe thatā€™s why Phillip snapped at her and cut her off her live link from Loose Women and thatā€™s why she didnā€™t waste any time firing in an official complaint about him šŸ‘€

Reactions: 20

Iā€™m not sure this link will work and I know itā€™s a little off topic but when youā€™ve all been speaking about YMU management and the lengths theyā€™ll go to protect their celebs, I canā€™t believe they let Holly go on the one show in this state šŸ˜‚

You just know someone got a bollocking for letting that go ahead lol please watch the video as I promise itā€™ll be worth 7mins of your time to see Holly drunk/off her face. Especially after the flack they gave Kerry Katona being drunk on TM. I think Holly was actually worse and it was barely spoken about!
I think perhaps she'd had a pick me up more then a drink šŸ˜‰
Quite animated and flirtatious, noted she also kept looking at the camera..
I've noticed sometimes her accent goes a bit essexy aswell on the show.. Did she have elocution lessons šŸ¤”
I also think it's hypocritical when most of these itv media types are known for their love of the snifter, and even though I'm no fan of kerry katona, wasnt she adjusting to new medication for bi polar at the time?
People usually don't usually go on TV whilst they are adjusting to new meds and you can see why šŸ˜‰

Iā€™ve just seen a claim Ruth put her foot down and ā€œtook the runnerā€ with her over to Loose Women after Phillip had a falling out with him and tried to get rid of him from ITV all together. So the falling out with Ruth probably did stem from this situation. I believe thatā€™s why Phillip snapped at her and cut her off her live link from Loose Women and thatā€™s why she didnā€™t waste any time firing in an official complaint about him šŸ‘€
I think I read that somewhere too..
Overthinking now, but I'm now thinking of DOI and Caprice leaving.. Prob nothing to do with it.. But it's all gone Pete Tong for itv..

PRI_134547742-e1581072719348.jpg

This really does look like he thinks he's a Saint who deserves to be worshipped..
Absolutely sickening

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m not a fan of Kerry Katona but i will never forget the disgusting way Phillip Schofield sat in his chair talking and looking down his nose at her that day, like he was some sort of bleeping saintly role model, who wasnā€™t living a double life!!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I've noticed sometimes her accent goes a bit essexy aswell on the show.. Did she have elocution lessons šŸ¤”
I also think it's hypocritical when most of these itv media types are known for their love of the snifter, and even though I'm no fan of kerry katona, wasnt she adjusting to new medication for bi polar at the time?
People usually don't usually go on TV whilst they are adjusting to new meds and you can see why šŸ˜‰
To be fair I did think Kerryā€™s claim about the medication was plausible as they apparently do have those side affects, I just remember PS being pushy to address the fact that she was drunk. Then I remember seeing HW on the one show and thinking she would go off if someone dared accuse her of the same. Itā€™s the hypocrisy of them I canā€™t stand

Reactions: 8
I've just searched for it and the job description is not much better than being a runner. I would have said that his hopes of ever becoming a presenter were never going to happen.
From watching his show reel MM is so cringey though that it was never going to happen anyway. TV presenters need to have a natural talent and he has none of it.

Reactions: 7
To be fair I did think Kerryā€™s claim about the medication was plausible as they apparently do have those side affects, I just remember PS being pushy to address the fact that she was drunk. Then I remember seeing HW on the one show and thinking she would go off if someone dared accuse her of the same. Itā€™s the hypocrisy of them I canā€™t stand
l
Most medications that are used for Psychopathological/neurological conditions def have serious side effects, anything that changes up your central nervous system etc does.
Even a different brand has differing side effects, so I truly believe it as I've seen it myself in someone.
He is the kind of person who always thinks he's right, and won't take the opinion of anyone else into consideration, even if he himself has had no personal experience of it, so judgemental and yes darned hypocritical when I've seen clips of them coming into work drunk etc šŸ™„

From watching his show reel MM is so cringey though that it was never going to happen anyway. TV presenters need to have a natural talent and he has none of it.
I watched his show reel too and thought he was so fake and forced and had that abrupt ending on a sentence that most bbc presenters have, with a sharp intake of breath.
You're right, he is very ordinary, and lacks charisma, but prob thought he's the next big thing unfortunately, and being young he would be easily led šŸ˜”

Reactions: 6
I'm new here - and Gay. Yes, I was on 'The Sun' Site earlier today. Dan Wooton was full of praise for PS.
He joined in with all the, 'Brave' garbage. He also went way over the top and said that PS 'Coming Out'
would 'Change Lives'. He said it all, in a Video, that he put on 'The Sun' Site, on Friday.

I've also seen 'Gay Activist' Peter Tatchell saying that PS is 'Brave', and that, by 'Coming Out', he will encourage
Gay Teenagers to be less afraid to be themselves. PS waited until he was 57, to 'Come Out', for goodness sake!
He's 'taught' Gay Teenagers to think that it is terribly shameful to be Gay! Mr. Tatchell is very naive, if he can't
see that!

All I see PS doing, is being a 100% dishonest, coward. How can that 'Change Lives' and give courage to
Gay Teenagers, who are scared to openly be themselves? All that PS has taught them, is that being Gay,
is so shameful and awful, that it is best to hide it, Marry a Female, and - maybe - reveal your true self
when you are nearly 60! Why are some Gay Men going on as if PS is 'Brave'? They are truly backing the
wrong Horse!

Also, a Gay On-Line Site - 'Pink News', is having a go, at Joan Collins, for what she said about PS, on
'Good Morning Britain'. It says that it is: 'How not to react when someone comes out'. It means that,
by not 100% supporting him, with 'How Brave!', she was being awful towards him! This is how it is,
with some Gay People. We are all supposed to stick together, no matter what. We are 'awful' people,
if we don't support the likes of PS! Even though, he's made it look like being Gay, is a terrible way to
be, and it is best to pretend not to be! How is that good for other Gay People? It is not!
What? Incredibly surprised at Peter Tatchell- another sycophant it seems, very disappointing.

Oh dear, how embarrassing and quite frankly patronising too!

I think I read that somewhere too..
Overthinking now, but I'm now thinking of DOI and Caprice leaving.. Prob nothing to do with it.. But it's all gone Pete Tong for itv..

View attachment 82226
This really does look like he thinks he's a Saint who deserves to be worshipped..
Absolutely sickening
Eeewww pass me a bucket- please! šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

Omg that is hilarious. What a state!
Just goes to show how the whole culture with them is a sort of belief they can behave how they like because they are untouchable. Going on live programme shitfaced?

Reactions: 6
Iā€™m not a fan of Kerry Katona but i will never forget the disgusting way Phillip Schofield sat in his chair talking and looking down his nose at her that day, like he was some sort of bleeping saintly role model, who wasnā€™t living a double life!!!
He stinks of hypocrisy šŸ˜”

Omg that is hilarious. What a state!
Just goes to show how the whole culture with them is a sort of belief they can behave how they like because they are untouchable. Going on live programme shitfaced?
Isn't her husband an executive producer or something, so has a vested interest in the show and of course her! šŸ˜“

Reactions: 4
I think something was brewing for the sunday papers for def. No one at this morning even knew anything about phils interview until the morning itself, guests were frantically cancelled so it hadnt been in the pipeline for months. If you are gay for 57 years why suddenly decide on a random friday morning to come out. All too weird.
If mm was fired the week before, the timing seems right. Friday interview-so he didnā€™t have to sit with anyone the next day and answer questions or discuss it. And all legal stuff tied up possibly before the weekend?

What?

I wonder is he ill...?
Cancer would do that too. Oh god, if he has cancer it will be the most sanctimonious-omg I canā€™t even continue with this thought. Ugh.

Omg. He was always around, wasnt he? There is no mistaking that nose either. And you see ps have a good look at him at the very start of the segment too

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
From a source of mine...

"Established between him and wife for many years that Friday night was gay night and heā€™d stay at his London flat - runner story is true as well. All covered up for sake of the show and his rep"
What a smug hypocritical t..t he is! I hope someone speaks up very soon.

The sudden dramatic weightloss is because heā€™s been worried and panicked sick that the truth was gonna come out. He doesnā€™t look like heā€™s eating but we sure know he keeps on drinking wine and gin like itā€™s going out of business!

Reactions: 12
Iā€™m not too sure but surely this day in age injunctions are pointless? Maybe they worked in the early 90ā€™s but with social media now it must be impossible.

Although I suppose up until he addressed it on Friday it wasnā€™t out there so I guess it worked for a while. Must be costing him or ITV a fortune šŸ˜‚
I think Hugh Bonneville got one to cover their affair if I remember right. Or was that someone else?

Reactions: 13
I think Hugh Bonneville got one to cover their affair if I remember right. Or was that someone else?
Yes, he had one to stop stories of his meetings with prostitutes coming out. Mainly because he didnā€™t want people knowing that he only ever paid them for one very specific service that he thought might make people think he was gay!

Reactions: 10
Speaking from my background, it isnā€™t unusual for those with acting backgrounds to do runner roles however they are usually taken by those who want roles behind the scenes (eg camera, editing etc). So he couldā€™ve gotten to that point himself...however at such a young age without any real ā€œmediaā€ experience apart from just the theatre and acting stuff itā€™s a bit more unbelievable. I commend people who get in and iā€™m proud of my peers for making it as itā€™s tough and thereā€™s lots of rejection (much like any other job I suppose, potentially more intense). A runner is the most entry level paid position you could have but itā€™s a foundation for a career and if you are remembered positively and someone with a name remembers your name then youā€™re set!
I have in a former life worked in TV and started off a runner. I've never known anyone stay in a Runner's position for nearly 4 years as MM appears to have judging by his linkedin in. If you do a good job then you'll usually get promoted to Production Sec or Junior Researcher within a year.

The fact that this is being spoken out so rampantly on social media means that the This Morning team and ITV would be stupid to think that this will just blow over. Runners are so vulnerable being the lowest position, the lowest paid and in a highly competitive industry where they are often desperate to further their career and are open to being abused in many forms. In the era of #Me Too they should have been making sure they had a duty of care to all their staff.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I have in a former life worked in TV and started off a runner. I've never known anyone stay in a Runner's position for nearly 4 years as MM appears to have judging by his linkedin in. If you do a good job then you'll usually get promoted to Production Sec or Junior Researcher within a year.

The fact that this is being spoken out so rampantly on social media means that the This Morning team and ITV would be stupid to think that this will just blow over. Runners are so vulnerable being the lowest position, the lowest paid and in a highly competitive industry where they are often desperate to further their career and are open to being abused in many forms. In the era of #Me Too they should have been making sure they had a duty of care to all their staff.
That does seem a long and unfortunate time to stay in a runner position when your main goal is clearly to ā€˜make itā€™ as a star in the industry.

Out of interest how easy/hard is it to get hired in the first place as a runner on a show like This Morning?

Will they hire anyone, is there a specific set of experience, skills or qualifications they are looking for and do many people apply for these roles?

100% this.
Why did he stay so long at such a junior level? Sounds fishy. Did PS just like having him around to meet his every demand? How ITV were so complicit in this just stinks. Most companies have a policy preventing people from working together directly if they are in a relationship, ITV have been very remiss from an HR perspective.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.