Phillip Schofield #3 Dancing on thin ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So weird!
He's not overtly saying anything inappropriate (being flirtatious or anything like that). From all the screenshots I've seen (and that video posted earlier where he said hello to some kid's mum and girlfriend) it's mostly him saying 'Hi' in these snaps, and it's always followed by an emoji that makes it clear he's having a laugh (smiley/blushing/crying with laughter). But just the fact that he's connecting with young kids is a bit off.
His fan base is surely housewives who watch TM. Why not connect with them on social media so as to draw in more loyal viewers and increase ratings?
Even if he is just having a laugh and is into social media/ thinks it's funny to message random fans online/ thinks this keeps him young...even if this is totally innocent behaviour, it is not a good look.
This.is.so. weird.

Reactions: 17
I keep going back and forth on this. Are we jumping the gun and incorrectly connecting dots that aren't connected, or has he really done something sinister? At this point, frankly, it's all conjecture.
BUT THEN
But then....you have to remember that he’s just paid £30,000 upwards to hire a PR to manage the situation, you wouldn’t need to pay that just for a simple NDA. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 16
My daughter studied media and nearly went to work as an intern at the BBC in Glasgow, she had ideas for cool CBBC shows and thought she'd work her way up.. Thank god she didn't 😳😳

We are all getting to be good 🕵 here 😂
It’s a shame that things like this can ruin the perception because I think the TV industry is a great path to go down. One person I know worked on Blue Peter, others progressed to Corrie, Question of Sport, Loose Women, I’m a Celeb, Jeremy Kyle (when it was still on), Judge Rinder, The Voice. Lots of these are fantastic starting points but yeah this potential scandal doesn’t fit the fantasy!

Reactions: 5
I tried to register and it wouldn't let me. I've lurked on there for a year or so, reading about strictly etc and it's got so bitchy and nasty, I was taken aback by some comments, and it's always the same posters that seem to be in control, its a bit strange
I was active on the Coach Trip thread eaons ago but left as it was obviously full of production staff pulling the strings

• Wow
Reactions: 3
So weird!
He's not overtly saying anything inappropriate (being flirtatious or anything like that). From all the screenshots I've seen (and that video posted earlier where he said hello to some kid's mum and girlfriend) it's mostly him saying 'Hi' in these snaps, and it's always followed by an emoji that makes it clear he's having a laugh (smiley/blushing/crying with laughter). But just the fact that he's connecting with young kids is a bit off.
His fan base is surely housewives who watch TM. Why not connect with them on social media so as to draw in more loyal viewers and increase ratings?
Even if he is just having a laugh and is into social media/ thinks it's funny to message random fans online/ thinks this keeps him you...even if this is totally innocent behaviour, it is not a good look.
This.is.so. weird.
Absolutely, but it’s just all a bit weird isn’t it. It doesn’t look good and in light of other things it certainly doesn’t look good right now!!!

Reactions: 5
OMG yes, for years I want to puke at his smug self righteous face, but no one else I knew felt the same... Time will tell now eh 😂
He has a face that would look better with a fist (and I don’t like violence) there’s just too much smugness

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So weird!
Even if he is just having a laugh and is into social media/ thinks it's funny to message random fans online/ thinks this keeps him young...even if this is totally innocent behaviour, it is not a good look.
This.is.so. weird.
It's the fact he's using their style of talking, not his age appropriate, if a man that age spoke to my daughter like that over social media, I'd report him.
Do you think he talks to his friends and family like that?
It's just too alarming and how arrogant of him to think these messages would never be saved or shown to the public
Grooming is a word I use sparingly, but in cases like this, using their teenage language and slang to make them comfortable.. Well..
I work with children also and I'd be deeply concerned if I was made aware of this
Sorry for ramble

Reactions: 23
What on earth was ITV thinking when they allowed the show to be hijacked by Scofield’s coming out. It shows the level of his Kingship. They all knew he had been openly gay in the showbiz world. And to say, his wife was shocked etc, she probably was 10 years ago when he told her! And to say that he had been thinking about this for a long time, and Friday was the day they were all building up to, is not true. He had no intention of telling the world that the carefully crafted family brand of Schofe and Steph was a lie. He was forced to make the announcement because MM had gone rogue. And HW taking great pains to say to be clear, you have not been forced to make this announcement. If they were in Pinocchio their noses would be reaching the floor.

To say This Morning have lost integrity is an understatement.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It’s a shame that things like this can ruin the perception because I think the TV industry is a great path to go down. One person I know worked on Blue Peter, others progressed to Corrie, Question of Sport, Loose Women, I’m a Celeb, Jeremy Kyle (when it was still on), Judge Rinder, The Voice. Lots of these are fantastic starting points but yeah this potential scandal doesn’t fit the fantasy!
It is a shame, as there's so much talent. She learnt to script write, edit, direct and stage lights etc,
I did the same years ago at school on a media course, I loved directing 😂
Thanks for your input, it's really interesting

I was active on the Coach Trip thread eaons ago but left as it was obviously full of production staff pulling the strings
OMG who knew that's so weird

Reactions: 3
If mm was fired the week before, the timing seems right. Friday interview-so he didn’t have to sit with anyone the next day and answer questions or discuss it. And all legal stuff tied up possibly before the weekend?

Cancer would do that too. Oh god, if he has cancer it will be the most sanctimonious-omg I can’t even continue with this thought. Ugh.

Omg. He was always around, wasnt he? There is no mistaking that nose either. And you see ps have a good look at him at the very start of the segment too
In all the runner job descriptions I’ve seen I didn’t see any saying you have to dress up as an elf or be topless on day time tv. Is this normal for ALL runners?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if he specifically set out wanting to work in children’s tv or just tv in general.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
It is a shame, as there's so much talent. She learnt to script write, edit, direct and stage lights etc,
I did the same years ago at school on a media course, I loved directing 😂
Thanks for your input, it's really interesting

OMG who knew that's so weird
There really is, I realised I wasn’t going to go down that route because I saw people who were so passionate, it was their dream to do it and that wasn’t mine! I think it’s important to know a runner’s position and how people get that role and it’s great that you and your daughter learnt so much. It’s difficult to say how much MM learnt but it’d be interesting to know how good of a job he was doing, his ultimate goal was to be in front of the camera. How ironic that if he hadn’t signed the NDA he could’ve been in front of 100s if not 1000s of cameras!

Reactions: 4
It's the fact he's using their style of talking, not his age appropriate, if a man that age spoke to my daughter like that over social media, I'd report him.
Do you think he talks to his friends and family like that?
It's just too alarming and how arrogant of him to think these messages would never be saved or shown to the public
Grooming is a word I use sparingly, but in cases like this, using their teenage language and slang to make them comfortable.. Well..
I work with children also and I'd be deeply concerned if I was made aware of this
Sorry for ramble
To be clear, I'm not defending Phillip in the slightest! In fact, this is just confirming my suspicions. These screenshots are worrying. He should not be communicating with teenagers.
I was trying to wait before making up my mind until there was some actual evidence coming out, because it is easy for things to be misrepresented online. Even that guy on Youtube with 'files' about to be uncovered could be a fraud after his 15mins of fame (anyone can name files TM/Phillip/ Matt or whatever he named them, and then take a screenshot for a click bait Youtube vid).
But now, with all the MM talk AND snapchats with multiple young men, there is actual evidence showing that his interest in teens is a pattern of behaviour! :sick:

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.