Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElbiePickle

I'm new to posting on this thread but I've been lurking for a while. I just wanted to thank all of those who have shared their own stories about SA in childhood. I suffered neglect as an infant which wasn't the best start and then I was groomed over several years by my step dad which ultimately went on to full SA when I was 10 and 11. I don't think I can adequately express how much this sort of thing can damage you and fuck with you for the rest of your life, both physically and mentally. It can make you much more likely to get so many different health issues, mainly because of the inflammation that trauma causes in a body-wise sense. It's hard work for a body and brain to keep going and survive when you've had something like SA happen to you as a child., it's often constantly in fight-or-flight mode and that takes it's toll. More though, it messes with the core of who a child is, what value they place on themselves, on their own lives, their worthiness to take a place among the human race, which is quite frankly heartbreaking.

It's insidious, the effects build and build, and trauma gets passed through the generations. Both my parents had traumatic childhoods, and I suffered abuse in various forms because of it. That's simplistic, but their trauma left them unable to deal with having a child, unable to protect me and keep me safe, unwilling to do anything when SA was plainly evident allowing the SA to continue.

The effects can lay dormant for years, you get by, you learn to survive, and then it can rear its ugly head when you least expect it. It's really common that when someone has their own kids, these past traumas can start to resurface. You start to see how helpless you were as a child, how innocent you were, how you were betrayed by those who should have protected you. Obviously it's different when it's parents, that's a whole other level of betrayal. But the same applies with a teenager and any adult, it's the same principle - you abuse an implicit postion of trust that a child has to have, that you as an adult are not going to harm them.

I think it's a similar thing when stories like this break in the news. They force you to think about stuff, maybe stuff you've buried for years and years. I've had various lots of therapy and I'm doing better than I was in my 20s (40s now), but I've still got a long way to go. I don't have kids but I was triggered when the Saville story broke. It was everywhere, everyone was talking about it, on all platforms, you couldn't escape from it, and it brought everything back to the surface again for me. I'm waiting to find out if I've been accepted for therapy for Complex PTSD, but with the NHS who knows?!

Anyway, apologies for the long post. I'm not sure what the purpose was except to share some personal insight and offer lots of love to all those struggling.❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 114

funkimunki1984

Chatty Member
I don’t think a lot of people appreciate the damage this kind of grooming and abuse can do. Not just to the victim but to their wider family. It’s devastating and everyone finds themselves wondering how the hell they didn’t notice what was going on.
My husband was groomed by a friend of his family when he was 14/15. His dad had just divorced his mum so was working all hours to make sure they had money to live. This man was a neighbour and used that as a reason to worm his way in. He’d help out in the house etc.
My husband said it started off as this cool older man who he’d hang out with as his brother had just gone to uni so he was alone a lot after school. He then started to do things like “accidentally” stroking my husbands leg when watching films, putting his arms around him when sat next to him and then progressed to more.
My husband said he didn’t have a clue what was going on until it went too far. He suppressed the memories until 10 years later when he met me, it all came back a year after we were together and he thought he was gay. Spent years in therapy to help him cope and to realise he had been groomed. He got better but it came back when we had our daughter 6 years ago as he was (and still is) terrified of her being groomed like he was. He never reported the man (I understand it’s his decision but I find it so hard to understand, especially seen as this man now has a wife and kids) but said he may one day. He has only just told his family about what happened last year, it’s taken that long for him to “recover” and accept what happened.
I hope him and his filthy brother Rot for what they do. They ruin lives and the people’s future.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 103

maharini

I’m a victim of SA, from aged 8, by a relative, in the 70s. The (male) GP who examined me for the court told my mother there was ‘damage, but no real harm done’ and said nothing to me except ‘now then, we don’t want to get anyone into trouble with stories’. On the way home after quite a traumatic examination, my mother said ‘I’d be furious if I thought he’d done that to you’. I internalised that, thought she’d be furious with me, and never spoke about it again. He got off although he’d been imprisoned twice before for the same with his own and neighbours’ children, and again after me and my sister for a much more serious offence. We need to take all the ‘shame’ away from these offences, call it what it is, assault, and have no truck with keeping these perverts in their jobs or in decent society.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 97

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Is the lovely Rylan having a dig at Philth or possibly the rest of the TM crew (Holly, Alison Hammond etc) in his latest Tweet 👀

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 94

Salacious

Chatty Member
Im here for you 😍
I've caught my breath now!

Re This Morning, ITV for some time have wanted to shake up the show. There is a conflict of ideas over what the ITV bigwigs want and what Martin Frizell is delivering. Frizell is quite happy with the line up. ITV are not, and think it can be more accessible and diverse. George Floyd's death really forced Frizell's hand, and he only promoted Alison Hammond as a full-time presenter to save face.

Backstage it is very toxic. Holly has her favourites, so does Phil. Some of the regulars can't stand them, and hate the 'cliquey' banter. Apparently Phil has a big say at which chefs pop up. (speculating here but I wonder if Nisha Katona was put on the temporary sin bin and 'regulated' to Fridays. Saying that she loves Alison and Dermot because they actually eat her food! And she loved Rylan, Eamonn and Ruth all the same).

Holly has wanted out for some time. She was not happy at how ITV responded to queue gate, and felt they threw her under the bus. Phil (arrogantly) couldn't believe there was any uproar over the filming. Frizell was of the same view. This Morning thought about framing it as an 'ITV News' segment - so having the news reporters come in and sharing their thoughts (Mary Nightangle was also photographed with Holly and Phil) but decided against.

I'm not sure if this week was Joel's first as a TM presenter but the bosses have wanted him for some time. He ticks all the boxes. Whether he wants the full time job is another question, but the team have had to plan for contingencies in the event a presenter goes. They have Rochelle, Andi, Vernon, etc but they are relief presenters - not full-time replacements.

What the producers looked for last week was chemistry. Bit like when actors are paired up, the casting agents are looking for that spark. If Holly and Joel click (only saw a bit of Wednesday's show), then it makes him an attractive contender for the full time job. Again, it depends if he wants it, but if Holly can be convinced to stay, then ITV may push to retain her at all costs. However, how much she is implicated by Pip's mucky world remains to be seen!

My old friend said don't be surprised if the show has an autumn relaunch.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 79

Mandola

Chatty Member
My husband was groomed by a friend of his family when he was 14/15. His dad had just divorced his mum so was working all hours to make sure they had money to live. This man was a neighbour and used that as a reason to worm his way in. He’d help out in the house etc.

My husband said it started off as this cool older man who he’d hang out with as his brother had just gone to uni so he was alone a lot after school. He then started to do things like “accidentally” stroking my husbands leg when watching films, putting his arms around him when sat next to him and then progressed to more.

My husband said he didn’t have a clue what was going on until it went too far. He suppressed the memories until 10 years later when he met me, it all came back a year after we were together and he thought he was gay. Spent years in therapy to help him cope and to realise he had been groomed. He got better but it came back when we had our daughter 6 years ago as he was (and still is) terrified of her being groomed like he was. He never reported the man (I understand it’s his decision but I find it so hard to understand, especially seen as this man now has a wife and kids) but said he may one day. He has only just told his family about what happened last year, it’s taken that long for him to “recover” and accept what happened.

I hope him and his filthy brother Rot for what they do. They ruin lives and the people’s future.

Lurker on this thread usually but this has really hit home for me. I myself am in a similar situation as your husband having been groomed at the age of 14, by a man in his late 30s. I buried it emotionally until recently as in the last 2 years with every passing month it coming more to the surface for some reason. I can only think maybe my daughter growing up has brought it back for me and the reality of the trauma has hit me so hard at times. I've also not reported it yet have thought about it so, so many times and that constant yo-yo of emotions has been horrific on me as it consumes me regularly. For me I think not being believed after so long is part of it, and just generally feeling disgusting to be honest. As well as it just being out there is scary as like your husband very few people know my story. I actually can't believe I've just put it on here, but I've become much more accepting of my emotions around it the last year I would say and I'm 43. I think MM when he's older he may be the same as its true that we bury this until something finally gives. Thank you for sharing your story as it's allowed me to share a bit of mine and I know for me that's part of my healing. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76

Salacious

Chatty Member
Just got off the phone to my old friend in PR. Interesting chat!

Apparently Schofield has been paying a crisis management company to hide his mucky secrets. I think I saw that here too.

ITV bosses have been planning for a This Morning shake up for a while now. This might be the final straw. Told it is not a coincidence Joel has been asked to step in. Will post more in a bit once I catch my breath!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Ametrine

VIP Member
Vanessa is clearly enabling him too. I’m going to message her on IG and tell her my thoughts. She’s clearly not stupid so she shouldn’t act as if she is. Boils my blood.
Please can you start your message with "Hey, what's wrong with you..."

(Sorry)

• Haha
Reactions: 74

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
Don't go, I loved hearing about Damon Albarn's big willy!
... that's my Tattle claim to fame 😬 😬 Thank you for the kind words, they've made me smile today. I'm going to leave my account open and take the weekend off all online stuff. And then see how I feel.

And apologies to anyone if I derailed this thread, please all get back to bring vile Schofield down 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 74

PurvyPanda

VIP Member
Lots of people on twitter talking about Phillip Schofield and his super injunction. When you put that Into Google this thread is one of the top results

if we keep mentioning Phillip Schofield Super injunction it will get nearer the top and hopefully bring more people here to read more.
Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Loose lips sink ships. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction. Philip Schofield super injunction.

Philip Schofield super injunction.

• Haha
Reactions: 66

HollyGolightly

VIP Member
A week or so after Dan Wootton left Lorraine/ITV he wrote a column about Phil, I think he was looking for dirt on Phil and ITV tried to silence him so he quit, or was sacked :unsure:

EJ7ecW8XkAEcAAJ.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 66

shellie

VIP Member
I know two men who were sexually abused in their early teens by male neighbours (separate incidents/perpetrators). I can't even begin to tell you how much it has messed them up, the wounds are deep.
It happened to me with a family member. He groomed me for years that it was normal and it wasn't until I let it slip to a friend that she made me realize it was wrong. Lord knows how but I finally told my family when I was 12. Most went ballistic and wanted me to report it but others said they didn't want it to go to court as the person was too old while at the same time acting as if I had made it up for attention so I let it go. On his deathbed, he admitted what he had done and told them he was sorry and he hoped I would eventually forgive him but I never got any apology from those who had called me a liar, and even worse, we found out he had been doing it to others for years and some family members had a feeling but did nothing about it. I'm in my 40s now and therapy has helped a lot but there are still times it comes back to me as if it was yesterday, more so because I can't get over the fact I was tricked into letting him get away with it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

LizSmithqwerty

VIP Member
I hate PS and all that enable him. I know the pain abuse causes and I’ve never typed that before. No one knows and I mean no one. Not my husband, my friends, my son. No one! I’ve told not one person because I can’t speak the words. It’s too much. I can’t do it.

i hate the top story on the daily mail today. He’s going to slither he’s way out of this which is why I never told anyone. The risk is too high for victims.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
This whole PS does my head in. It’s just so wrong, on so many levels. And nothing will happen. And kids will continue to be abused. And the smug git will be back on TV. This incident has triggered all sorts of feeling for me. And I became a little obsessed. And suddenly I’ve realised nothing will change, and that makes me sad. And unhappy.

And I’m still getting ribbed about the stupid username I chose when drunk. So farewell, goodbye. I’ve enjoyed Tattle but fear my own mental health is on a downward, the world is evil and everything is doomed it feels.

Thank you all for fun and laughs

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

girlinbrum

VIP Member
One of the many things I don't get. PS has a good, long career, he has daughters, he has his health, he has a supportive wife, he's lived so long "in" the closet, he's got so much money. When he came out on TM, he should have quit and gone off to enjoy the life he felt he couldn't before. I don't get why he needs to still be on TV, the power, the control, the fame, the attention, what does he need??
---
Not Philip's fault what his brother did, you can pick your friends not your family
No, but if your brother is sexually abusing a child you don't stand there washing the dishes like he was.

Reactions: 61

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
Hang on hang on “if any crime had been confessed to me by my sibling I’d have reported it…”

HE CONFESSED A CRIME TO YOU, AND YOU IGNORED IT YOU DISINGENUOUS GOPHER FIDDLER…

He’s ITVs very own Savile in waiting. Really is.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

hellohello2018

Hope this isn’t too off the topic of the current situation with his brother.

I met Phil and Holly once when I worked behind the camera. She was in a mood before she came in the interview room and my goodness she couldn’t hide it. The crew were so excited to be interviewing them and felt so let down by what they were really like.

She was curt, rude and very cold. Could barely bring herself to smile and say hello. Got in a mood about the interview questions even though her own PR had signed them off and wouldn’t give anyone chance to explain fully.
He was trying to laugh it all off and as soon as he realised the camera was already rolling whisked her out of the room with ‘let’s let them sort it out while we pop out’ as he knew she looked bad. Wish I’d been able to keep a copy of the initial footage!

I haven’t been able to stand them on TV since as it’s all so fake.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 58