Paging Mr. Morrow #15 Almost 40. Wishes he was 30. Always asking if she's 18 and talks like he's 12.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Nate going to get his pilot's license as his second fall back career if his vlogging career doesn't pan out?
Private pilots have to get a medical exam every 1 to 5 years (based on which Class of medical and age) The max blood pressure reading is 155 over 95 and judging by Nate’s beet red face, he blows by that. They also drug test. Ain’t gonna happen.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Private pilots have to get a medical exam every 1 to 5 years (based on which Class of medical and age) The max blood pressure reading is 155 over 95 and judging by Nate’s beet red face, he blows by that. They also drug test. Ain’t gonna happen.
They're also not allowed to be on certain prescriptions. I had a patient at one time who was studying for a pilot's license, and I had to get creative when we were addressing their issues.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
True, but three and a half years in, we're at a point where people can go and do things for themselves.
Agreed! We think with Nate, he captured the shut-ins that couldn't travel during Covid and some that won't travel now. We also think he picked up a good number of "feeders" that just like watching his calorie intake.

Reactions: 3
They're also not allowed to be on certain prescriptions. I had a patient at one time who was studying for a pilot's license, and I had to get creative when we were addressing their issues.
That's confidence-inspiring...

• Haha
Imagine setting the bar so low for what you want in life. Why dream of an attractive man when you can dream of a heavy breathing sweaty mess?

IMG_6527.jpeg

So tempting....Mukbang Sally might not like this one. We know Nate doesn't like salads, he's a soup guy.

IMG_6528.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Imagine setting the bar so low for what you want in life. Why dream of an attractive man when you can dream of a heavy breathing sweaty mess?

IMG_6527.jpeg
He needs to ask [Shirt Company] to give him the next size up. That looks like a sausage casing.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Do you think he's trying to squeeze into a smaller size or has he expanded that much? Hard to tell with the new lense he is using.
I'm not sure if it ultimately matters, but I'm leaning toward B.

They must sew those buttons on with spider silk.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
We thought this video would perform better. These are Pallo-type numbers.

View attachment 2527021
yeah- its really strange. For what it's worth, i think he does try to vary his content. Things like this, or when hes in the different cities for the ComiCons, he tries to show other things besides just walking around the convention (The Edge walk in Toronto, the Tea Party tour thing in Boston, the Hollywood stuff instead of more Disneyland content...)
But yet all these people want to see is him eating in Disney- those videos do far better than when he actually tries to get himself- and his shut-in fans- out of the bubble.

HHN 2023 views at 264k:
1698070311282.png

Same video from 2022 season is at 371k views:
1698070351165.png

So he is certainly not growing in individual video views. He is still somehow gaining subscribers as he is at 240k now. His monthly views for October might come in below 1.5 million. He has been averaging 1.5 to 2 million views a month for quite a while now.

HHN 2023 views at 264k:
View attachment 2527121

Same video from 2022 season is at 371k views:
View attachment 2527124

So he is certainly not growing in individual video views. He is still somehow gaining subscribers as he is at 240k now. His monthly views for October might come in below 1.5 million. He has been averaging 1.5 to 2 million views a month for quite a while now.
Could it be safe to assume that Nate has tapped out what would be his "core viewers"? His stats seems to be all over the place in the past few months and like you said, his views are on the downturn (somewhat). It's almost like the "act" he puts on is starting to wear thin.

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 11.21.05 AM.png

I think the bigger thing is his upload schedule isn't as consistent as it used to be, hence the drop in views.

Could it be safe to assume that Nate has tapped out what would be his "core viewers"? His stats seems to be all over the place in the past few months and like you said, his views are on the downturn (somewhat). It's almost like the "act" he puts on is starting to wear thin.

View attachment 2527245
I'd be really curious to see how the hypercritical "YouTube Algorithm" affects new subscribers in a particular segment of the vlogisphere. For example, for Nate, when a new Epcot festival opens, and non-subscribers enter "Epcot Food & Wine" into their YouTube search box, Nate's channel 'should" populate in the search results (along with the whole Disney Vlog Posse), and one would assume, be given some hierarchy based on his view count. I'd love to see how subscriber counts correlate chronologically to key events driving general YouTube searches and if there is a causal relationship evident in the subscriber counts.

Reactions: 1
I'd be really curious to see how the hypercritical "YouTube Algorithm" affects new subscribers in a particular segment of the vlogisphere. For example, for Nate, when a new Epcot festival opens, and non-subscribers enter "Epcot Food & Wine" into their YouTube search box, Nate's channel 'should" populate in the search results (along with the whole Disney Vlog Posse), and one would assume, be given some hierarchy based on his view count. I'd love to see how subscriber counts correlate chronologically to key events driving general YouTube searches and if there is a causal relationship evident in the subscriber counts.
So we did a quick youtube search for "epcot wine and dine" (we used a commonly mispronounced name for the festival) in a separate browser while not logged in. The first two suggestions were DFB and Mammoth Club. Not really surprised because they are really good with SEO and have better engagement. Nate was the third video suggested. This might explain why he still has a decent increase in subscribers. Guessing one or two out of every five that watch actually stick with him while the rest don't want to watch because of his gimmick. Again, just a guess here. Oddly enough, only one of his feasting videos came up while many others from the previously mentioned channels were suggested.

So we did a quick youtube search for "epcot wine and dine" (we used a commonly mispronounced name for the festival) in a separate browser while not logged in. The first two suggestions were DFB and Mammoth Club. Not really surprised because they are really good with SEO and have better engagement. Nate was the third video suggested. This might explain why he still has a decent increase in subscribers. Guessing one or two out of every five that watch actually stick with him while the rest don't want to watch because of his gimmick. Again, just a guess here. Oddly enough, only one of his feasting videos came up while many others from the previously mentioned channels were suggested.
That was exactly what I was thinking. People (and I'm 100% guilty of it too) see a video that actually catches their eye, and in a vacuum looks like a channel you might want to come back to again, and subscribe to it. Then, the channel sucks bawls, and you skip right past every video you see from it on your subscriptions/suggestions pages and never go back. I had to go through and clean out my subscriptions the other day because I literally had something like 200 channels I had subscribed to, probably 125 of which I never actually watch.

I have a bad habit of subscribing to channels that I DO like, but that begin with the word "The" for some reason (YouTubers please do not start your channel name with "The"), and it was taking far too long to scroll down through the alphabet to get to "T"... LOL

Reactions: 2
That was exactly what I was thinking. People (and I'm 100% guilty of it too) see a video that actually catches their eye, and in a vacuum looks like a channel you might want to come back to again, and subscribe to it. Then, the channel sucks bawls, and you skip right past every video you see from it on your subscriptions/suggestions pages and never go back. I had to go through and clean out my subscriptions the other day because I literally had something like 200 channels I had subscribed to, probably 125 of which I never actually watch.

I have a bad habit of subscribing to channels that I DO like, but that begin with the word "The" for some reason (YouTubers please do not start your channel name with "The"), and it was taking far too long to scroll down through the alphabet to get to "T"... LOL
We are guilty of the subscribing as well. What we did is if we saw something we liked we would subscribe to the channel and tell ourselves we would go back and watch that video. Spoiler alert, we never went back to watch. We just dropped a ton of channels recently and are trying to break that bad habbit of blindly subscribing to a channel.

The problem with his non-Disney videos is he treats everything like it's some life defining moment. It's his usual act turned up to 100. I'll admit I could handle it for a long time but now it's getting to be too much. If he visits some place he saw on TV one time then everything there is amazing. The chairs will be the most amazing chairs he's ever seen. Then there will inevitably be some moment where he's almost in tears talking about how he never imagined he'd be reenacting scenes from Home Alone 2. So yeah he's not really the Disney vlogger that I want to see explore the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Nate was with Jackie and Promise the other day. the old gang back together !

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.