Paging Mr. Morrow #15 Almost 40. Wishes he was 30. Always asking if she's 18 and talks like he's 12.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't researched this yet but having a random, non-licensed or student pilot "flying" an airplane is probably frowned upon by the FAA. I know Nate may not have been actually flying the airplane (the actual pilot probably was) but he was in the pilot's seat and the yoke I think was only in the pilot's seat?
i think there were 2 yokes. And at one point Nate said something like "I'm licensed to be a flight student". No real clue what that actually means, but i'm guessing that maybe he passed whatever he needs to do to be allowed to take some control during an actual flight? My father in law was a commercial airline captain before he retired, so i'll have to ask my husband if he knows what that means HAHA)
The friend Nate was with owns a flight school, so i doubt he would let Nate jeopardize his business by putting something out on YouTube that isn't above board.

Reactions: 3
I haven't researched this yet but having a random, non-licensed or student pilot "flying" an airplane is probably frowned upon by the FAA. I know Nate may not have been actually flying the airplane (the actual pilot probably was) but he was in the pilot's seat and the yoke I think was only in the pilot's seat?
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I skipped around a bit. The aircraft he flew in was a 1977 Cessna 172N, which has controls in both front seats.
19-img-e01521.jpg

While the pilot flying usually sits in the left seat, it's not a requirement -- that pilot can sit on the right, especially when that pilot is a flight instructor teaching a student pilot. So I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that they violated any regs.

That said, if Nate can't even sit through his required traffic school, there's no way he's completing >35 hours of aircraft ground school necessary to proceed to flight school to earn a private pilot's license. I suspect that he was "flying" the plane the same way Dwight Schrute flew the plane when he was four.

Side note: It's funny to me that Nate links to the Resvlts store in the video description but neglects to include a link to his fwiend's flight school. Hey, if you want publicity from Nate, you better pay up! Even if you're a "fwiend"!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I skipped around a bit. The aircraft he flew in was a 1977 Cessna 172N, which has controls in both front seats.
View attachment 2523474
While the pilot flying usually sits in the left seat, it's not a requirement -- that pilot can sit on the right, especially when that pilot is a flight instructor teaching a student pilot. So I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that they violated any regs.

That said, if Nate can't even sit through his required traffic school, there's no way he's completing >35 hours of aircraft ground school necessary to proceed to flight school to earn a private pilot's license. I suspect that he was "flying" the plane the same way Dwight Schrute flew the plane when he was four.

Side note: It's funny to me that Nate links to the Resvlts store in the video description but neglects to include a link to his fwiend's flight school. Hey, if you want publicity from Nate, you better pay up! Even if you're a "fwiend"!
The mention in the video probably did cost him something. But as you said, not enough to get a sponsored link in the video or an IG mention.

"I definitely want to get to the point that maybe one day eventually I can fly my own plane"- Nate

So shall we add it to the list of things we will never see him do again or anytime soon? Such as going to see a Broadway play, returning to Boston or Europe? I would wager we dont see his pilot "fwiend" again.

Reactions: 5
"I definitely want to get to the point that maybe one day eventually I can fly my own plane"- Nate

So shall we add it to the list of things we will never see him do again or anytime soon? Such as going to see a Broadway play, returning to Boston or Europe? I would wager we dont see his pilot "fwiend" again.
We think it's a 50/50 type of bet. If the views are good or he makes a decent profit we will see it maybe one more time. Cash is king with Nate.

Reactions: 2
We think it's a 50/50 type of bet. If the views are good or he makes a decent profit we will see it maybe one more time. Cash is king with Nate.
He'll have to choose between the cost of the flight time and the $69 glasses of Dom Perry-on or $100 Gideons art. Unless the flight time is sponsored by RSVLT to get him out of their hair.

Reactions: 4
Is Nate going to get his pilot's license as his second fall back career if his vlogging career doesn't pan out?

He mentioned he wanted to be a monorail driver, so I guess pilot is the next best thing after that.

Nate 1.0: Early days with Veronica
Nate 2.0: Post divorce but this is when he came into his own with his dumb fat guy at Disney routine.
Nate 3.0: This is his new iteration. He's more scripted, more handled, less original, and kind of less interesting than the poor schlub he was as Nate 2.0.

Like other vloggers, he looks like he's blowing through cash with abandon, living large and living only for today. He's got no kids/family to support and it doesn't look promising health-wise for him. At some point the trajectory arcs downward and the plunge back to earth begins. That'll be Nate 4.0.

Reactions: 6
Is Nate going to get his pilot's license as his second fall back career if his vlogging career doesn't pan out?

He mentioned he wanted to be a monorail driver, so I guess pilot is the next best thing after that.
He still needs to get his driver's license back so he can drive to get flight lessons.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Since the pilot is an instructor, he could have filed the flight as an intro flight, which would allow Nate to be in the Pilot's seat. I've done one before. That may not be what they call it now, but I was gifted an intro flight lesson back when I was 18 and was able to sit in the pilot's seat and control the plane starting with take off through up to prior to landing. Of course, the instructor could fully control the plane from the co-pilot side as well. My aunt is a private pilot (who gifted it to me), and I was already familiar with how to read the gauges and on the basics of the controls having flown with her several times.

Nate left out some details in terms of just being able to hop in a plane and fly around to find something to eat. It's not like hopping in your car. You have to file flight plans, which might be easier than it used to be (it's been several years since I've flown in small aircraft), but you still can't just go up and just go all over like in a car and say, "Hmm, that looks good, let's land there."

Reactions: 6
Most flight schools at small airports you can pay a couple hundred bucks or less to take an "intro" flight class. They go over the basic walk around and preflight checklist, let you control the rudder while taxiing, and the flight instructor handles most the take off and setting you on a course. Then you get to take controls and fly around a bit on your 30-60min scenic flight while the flight instructor handles everything important as well as heading back and landing. It's pretty fun, you can even take your friends for added cost usually. Highly recommend for a good time.

It's funny that, to Nate, the appeal of flying is the ability to fly somewhere to get something to eat.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
To be fair to Jonathan he has been friends for a while with Nate. Plus he would follow every rule going has he flys private jets for a living.

instagram is colombianpilot if you want to see his day job and thedisneypilot for his diner photos

Are these people all shut-ins? Why can't they go and have their own adventures?

• Haha
Are these people all shut-ins? Why can't they go and have their own adventures?
Nate is a prime example of a "covid built career". He hooked all the shut-ins when nobody could travel by giving them a taste of Disney and a jolly fat guy to laugh at. Take away the pandemic and nobody would care that he was eating and drinking in the parks. He would be a local nobody.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Nate is a prime example of a "covid built career". He hooked all the shut-ins when nobody could travel by giving them a taste of Disney and a jolly fat guy to laugh at. Take away the pandemic and nobody would care that he was eating and drinking in the parks. He would be a local nobody.
True, but three and a half years in, we're at a point where people can go and do things for themselves.

It's not as disturbing as the people who weep over Tim Tracker's children doing things (because you see, they are his "aunts"), but it's about as pathetic.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.