One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you mean by "promo"? I've never seen artists do intense promo for their tours in general, especially not for individual dates. They usually post it on Instagram and such because touring isn't an outreach thing and its main market is the people who are already fans. Looks like his team paid for Live Nation sponsoring on social media though.

Similar to what the other person said they usually move all the fans closer together and block off areas to make it look fuller + so there are no empty seats in view. It's a common practice.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
By promo, I mean that it wasn't spoken about on the radio or in any of the local newspapers or blogs. Which is incredibly unusual in my city, there's usually at least one, usually two, radio stations that hype up the concerts at specific venues, play the artist's songs, have ticket and meet-and-greet giveaways. Concerts are written up weekly in the main newspaper and the small independent newspaper, and they're posted and promo'ed on various blogs like On Milwaukee and Shepherd Express. And that's for any show at a venue bigger than your average school orchestra production. duck, my high school's orchestra and band concerts were listed in there a lot, actually. Louis got a one line blurb.

The pictures I've seen on Instagram and Tumblr look like they have really decent sized, hyped up crowds. All I said was that I'm happy for him, and he looks quite happy himself. That's it. I don't know why it's an argument but I guess just ignore me and go enjoy your weekend?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
By promo, I mean that it wasn't spoken about on the radio or in any of the local newspapers or blogs. Which is incredibly unusual in my city, there's usually at least one, usually two, radio stations that hype up the concerts at specific venues, play the artist's songs, have ticket and meet-and-greet giveaways. Concerts are written up weekly in the main newspaper and the small independent newspaper, and they're posted and promo'ed on various blogs like On Milwaukee and Shepherd Express. And that's for any show at a venue bigger than your average school orchestra production. duck, my high school's orchestra and band concerts were listed in there a lot, actually. Louis got a one line blurb.

The pictures I've seen on Instagram and Tumblr look like they have really decent sized, hyped up crowds. All I said was that I'm happy for him, and he looks quite happy himself. That's it. I don't know why it's an argument but I guess just ignore me and go enjoy your weekend?
Maybe the radio stations in that area didn't see him as big enough or thought there would be no hype

Reactions: 1
Maybe they didn't think there'd be hype. All I know is that the radio stations had 24 tickets to do with as they wanted because they get that for every venue in that festival park and they didn't do anything with them.

Guess I know where not to post when I want to be excited for someone I'm a fan of.

Reactions: 7
There is loads of fan video footage that scans the entire venue showing the fan lead light projects. He’s filling venues, smaller and larger. Very few artists sell out everywhere. He’s doing incredibly well. I know a lot of fans think his team don’t do much, but they are clearly doing something right. It seems like an exciting time for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t think the venues were full, but he’s obviously sold enough tickets that he doesn’t have to cancel.

Louis is at that spot where he’s too big for smaller venues like Doncaster Dome, the smaller o2 venues etc, but can’t quite manage to sell out arenas. Like Yungblud - his Weird! tour was completely sold out, but he did arenas for the latest one and there was just so much empty space. It’d be great if there were more midsized venues for artists like this.

Reactions: 2
I've watched lives from people that are there and it looked very full.very proud of Louis especially after doing his own festival as well

Reactions: 8
He sang Chicago last night!!!
Now don’t remove it chain until after November 10th please Louis 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This is the news I needed after my blink 182 concert got got cancelled yesterday!! I’m so excited!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t think the venues were full, but he’s obviously sold enough tickets that he doesn’t have to cancel.

Louis is at that spot where he’s too big for smaller venues like Doncaster Dome, the smaller o2 venues etc, but can’t quite manage to sell out arenas. Like Yungblud - his Weird! tour was completely sold out, but he did arenas for the latest one and there was just so much empty space. It’d be great if there were more midsized venues for artists like this.
I think Wembley Arena and Alexandra Palace are good sizes

Reactions: 2
Petty perhaps but Louis saying cats are tit gives me the ick. Weird way to describe an animal. Anybody that speaks that way about animals is a walking bright red flag.
---
His music is actually decent but he became so unlikeable during the pandemic to now. Like we get it you don't like popular things! You're not like other pop boys bc you smoke cigarettes! Wow! So edgy! You're not other celebrities bc you like cheap beer and McDonalds! I get it every celebrity needs a "thing" but it's so cringe! You are 30 years old! And it's not even accurate because you are worth like 40 million and live in a multi-million dollar house. Like wow you think cats are tit but dropped a few grand on a designer poodle?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Petty perhaps but Louis saying cats are tit gives me the ick. Weird way to describe an animal. Anybody that speaks that way about animals is a walking bright red flag.
---
His music is actually decent but he became so unlikeable during the pandemic to now. Like we get it you don't like popular things! You're not like other pop boys bc you smoke cigarettes! Wow! So edgy! You're not other celebrities bc you like cheap beer and McDonalds! I get it every celebrity needs a "thing" but it's so cringe! You are 30 years old! And it's not even accurate because you are worth like 40 million and live in a multi-million dollar house. Like wow you think cats are tit but dropped a few grand on a designer poodle?
"I'm just like you! I smoke, get crappy tattoos and get drunk on cheap beer....then I go home to my million dollar mansion"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
---
It’s really cringe and off putting, I don’t actually think he seems that happy, he seems slightly bitter under the surface. He used to be really endearing in early One Direction, maybe slightly annoying at times, but sweet. Maybe it’s drugs? It’s 2023, not 1996, acting all laddy and swearing all the time just makes one seem dated. Plus the dressing super chavy all the time when you’re worth an absolute fortune; I get being proud of your routes, but he is pushing it to the max, he was a smart, well put together young guy that was very close to his mum and had already done some walk on roles on TV, he wasn’t a gang boy from the hood! Agree re his music, some of it is pretty decent and shows a level of intelligence and introspection and his voice is emotive … he has good phrasing and a unique sound; live he is very pitchy.

Reactions: 8
Anyone know why there was no special guest for Niall at EP when it said there would be?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.