Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

erin182

VIP Member
Eating with your hands isn't bad manners, it's considered very much normal in South East Asia. The flatbread etc are used as the utensils but hand eating is a difficult concept to come to terms with for westerners
Raven isn’t in South East Asia tho is she. She’s in Derby & it’s a good job she’s not going to nursery/school as I doubt that would go down great!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Mumofthree1225

VIP Member
I know a lady who parents her little girl the way she parents raven. She’s just started school with my daughter and she’s so naughty and just cries and tantrums all the time. Can’t even enjoy going to the park with her friends as she’s now so overwhelmed with having rules and boundaries. It’s really sad and a crappy way to parent
I don’t think she will send Raven to school. I think she will home school her so she wouldn’t have these pressures and she can continue to breastfeed her into her teens.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Mumofthree1225

VIP Member
How did they have time to have sex to make the baby? He most likely spunked one out in her ‘gentle lentil dahl’ and she quickly shoved it up there while raven chalked all over the cupboards.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
I’m a bereaved parent so initially followed her account as what she wrote about grief and baby loss in particular really resonated.

This was until one day when she made some point which i Felt uncomfortable about, it was quite condescending and when I commented, it was a patronising response - almost along the lines that she was the only person able to articulate what losing a baby felt like.

I stuck with her account for a wee while but being beaten over the head with all the ‘gentle parenting’ nonsense was too much. It was sanctimonious and I felt she was playing the martyr.

I can say as a bereaved parent that of course each milestone with a living child has a stab of pain, and I feel my experience of loss has made me consciously take stock and appreciate what I now have, but I cannot allow my grief to overly influence the way I parent. I can’t let my living children away with anything and everything purely because they are here with me. It took a hell of a lot having a new baby while still deep in grief about my first, and I had to force myself into thinking ‘what’s a normal new parent thing and what’s a bereaved parent thing’ rather than allow myself to be swallowed up by it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Belulah

VIP Member
I wonder what the reaction would be if Pea was in a different class. If a single mother receiving welfare put her child to bed in tomorrow’s clothes, let her pour flour over the floor, let her get up at midnight and play until 4am.
I’m sure it would then be seen as lazy parenting/ neglectful parenting by her followers.
I think she is utterly lazy, it’s easy to let your child do what they want. It’s harder to parent them and create consistent consequences- both good and bad.

Reactions: 17

Cat_scratches

11pm, I'm in bed before that. If my daughter stayed up until 11pm she'd be like banshee the next day.
It's really unfair to Raven too, poor girl doesn't know what's what.
You'd think she'd know better with the job she does.
My mum had 2 full term stillborn girls and then a real struggle to get my brother. She did alot of work for sands.
She bought Nicolas book out of curiosity as its not very often the death of children is written about.
2 years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy, I was 10 weeks, had been fobbed off by the hospital and had to have emergency surgery.
Mum lent me the book, I messaged nicola to say thanks for writing the book and my situation and how much it had helped.
She said, that's a bummer...i went off her from then

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I do agree with the rear facing comment, and would have expected someone as obsessed as she is with doing "what's right" for her child to have done more research into the issue. It seems "breastfeeding into adulthood" is the best and only way, yet car seat safety, which could actually save her kids life, is something she's willing to ignore because someone gave her a free carseat.

Do we think the change of heart over nursery is another indicator she might be pregnant, and is maybe worrying about how she'll cope with two kids? I feel sorry for any nursery in their area that has her as a parent. She'll be in there every day demanding they do things her way, or waiting outside with her giant nipple poking through the window so Raven can help herself when she feels like it.

• Haha

BethanyGilbert

VIP Member
Her post she did for her birthday was hilarious. When she thanked R for being authentic. I don’t know many 3 year olds who are two faced or fake 🤣.

• Haha

justfortonight

Chatty Member
Her latest post feels like a real attempt to out-do everyone with how little she focusses on herself 😖

‘Haven’t bought clothes for over a year’ ‘had a glass of wine for the first time in 5 years and didn’t even finish it’ jeez it must be exhausting being so holier-than-thou.

You can be a good mum and still buy yourself clothes and get pissed every now and then, believe it or not.

Reactions: 15

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
The pregnancy announcement actually made me a bit sad.
Cooking away happily and healthily...i can't cook babies any more. It would be a minor miracle.
I actually think she's quite insensitive. Especially because alot of the people who follow her follow her because of sharing her experience of baby loss.
Obviously I wish her well. I just feel a bit kicked tbh
Sorry for your issues but you cant begrude someone announcing a pregnancy - she cant not announce it just in case she upsets someone she doesnt even know? I dont even like pea but I really dont think you can deny her her announcement.

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
Well just an idea Nicola/Pea pour yourself a large glass of gin go and lock yourself in the bath for an hour and leave Dean with Raven. Problem solved.
Cut the umbilical cord and let him in then... He's been pushed out for so long, I'm not surprised. Nicola makes herself the centre of Raven's universe because that's what Nicola needs, not what Raven needs. Her somewhat selfish 'gentle parenting' is backfiring early...

• Heart

justfortonight

Chatty Member
Ok so I’m very nosy but we’re both members of a co-sleep group on FB and her name popped up so I had a look at her profile.

She seems to upset a lot more people on Facebook than she does on insta, most of her comments on there are from people who have nothing but praise for her parenting but she’s shared some quite shitty articles on Facebook and not everyone agrees 😳

Including one about how dreadful the UK schooling system is and one of her colleagues has (quite eloquently) pointed out she was very offended by it.

It never struck me before but why would you work in a system you so passionately disagree with? Isn’t it a bit like being an animal rights activist working for McDonald’s? 🤔🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 14

GreyWolf

VIP Member
I used to really like this account. I used to really like her. But my god. It’s all got so annoying. I’m someone who I guess would be described as a gentle parenter, I co sleep, have home educated etc but her account is really passive aggressive ramming how amazing she is (with the implication that everyone else is quite shit) in her parenting choices. It’s also not like she’s raising awareness of how she likes to do things, she’s just smug and putting me off. She has a child of under 2, she does not know everything about parenting and what other people are experiencing and what their children are like and I can’t stand these people who assume they know best in every situation.
The other day it was her child being called bossy, then how she doesn’t shout at her. Of course you shouldn’t shout at her, she’s under bloody 2, why would you need to? Not advocating shouting but how is her experience relevant to say a mother with an adhd 9 year old who’s swung his sibling from a light fitting. It’s just rude.
And now today, poor little toddler was overtired and didn’t want to get in her car seat. I mean really? Is this a big deal. Those of us with busy lives and other responsibilities may not have the luxury of cajoling and feeding a child to sleep to avoid any car seat distress. Jesus Christ. I really didn’t want to unfollow but she’s so smug. Yes I breastfeed a child over one, it’s not that unusual nir is your child sleeping next to you. FFS.

Also isn’t oversharing all these moments with your child and constantly filming everything and putting it out to thousands completely at odds with the kind of parenting she’s advocating?

• Heart

Mumofthree1225

VIP Member
I think her gentle style worked until Raven became more aware that she can do anything she fucking wants and get away with it.

Her as a parent ‘It’s so nurturing letting Raven throw pasta and flour everywhere, look at her thrive’

Us normal parents ‘No no no no no no no no no’

I hate when people say my little wilding, no your child is just a little shit 😂 she’s going to be so naughty when she grows up.

• Haha

Cat_scratches

And her post today, if you follow 'rules' you're a shite mother.
We get it, you're a maverick - however my daughter loves routine, she was in her own room at 6 months because she spent most of the night awake due to my husband snoring.
I had to 'leave' my baby at 3 weeks old because I had a serious infection and ended up backing hospital.
I like to still remember I'm an individual human.
My daughter came up to me today, took my face in her hands, kissed me and told me I was the best ever.
I am not a shit mother

• Heart
Reactions: 13