Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cat_scratches

It's a huge safeguarding issue and tbh with her job she should know that.
It's not fair on that little girl at all. I'm honestly quite shocked

Reactions: 11

Noname123

Chatty Member
I just don’t understand the breastfeeding whilst staring into the camera and smiling like a lunatic stories. It’s so creepy. She was filming Raven touching her other tit last night. So uncomfortable to watch.

• Sick

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I wish her well, I know she’s had several miscarriages.

But yeah, she’s going to struggle with keeping up her impossibly high standards. It would be great if she learned a few valuable lessons about her smugness and looking down on mothers she thinks are inferior.

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I joined one of the Co sleeping groups she's in and I'm in shock!! I kmew it was gonna be very crunchy and sanctimonious but wow! It's basically a well disguised, judgemental, breastfeeding 5yr olds, anti vaxx group. I literally had to leave almost instantly and some of the views were horrific. One women said when baby was born hubby had the choice of the spare room or leaving! I am gob smacked and not a lot of parenting styles shock me.
Oh these Breastapo c*nts are all the same. They all say the same thing “only 1% of women can’t breastfeed - the rest are selfish bitches who didn’t try hard enough”.

The percentage is totally made up by the way. Sometimes I’ve seen people say 2% or 3%. But they parrot it like it’s fact because they get off on negging other mothers SO much. It gives them life to talk about formula milk being poison to poor little babies. I loathe these people. There is something psychologically wrong with women who need to feel superior that desperately. Imagine if they used all that emotional energy on being nice people, instead of circlejerking together in closed Facebook groups?

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I've had a nosey on her Facebook.

What jumped out at me was this. She's so OBSESSED with gentle parenting, breastfeeding till the day Raven leaves home, homeschooling, and how all these things are best for her child, yet when it came to something that is actually proven to be best for her child, she seemed to want to completely go against the advice she was given. I'm talking about car seats.

Someone gave them a car seat. So straight away, going against the "don't use second hand car seats" advice that is given. Then despite several people saying that she should look at extended rear facing, she still seemed determined to just turn her round. Her reasoning? "Ray would have a fit if I put her in the back of the car."

Seriously? Maybe you should have parented your child to understand that sometimes you have to do things you don't like, because it's for your own good. She's said before Raven is only small and light, if she'd put half the effort into researching car seats she does into posting inflammatory memes and articles, she'd realise why the child would be better off rear facing.

Also, regarding the articles and the comment from a colleague, she wants to be careful, she'll only be able to push it do far before she's getting a bollocking or losing her job.

• Wow

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
First time poster here but oh my gosh I had to post something. That little girl is craving routine and her own space to sleep. Especially as we’re in lockdown at the moment and most norms have gone out of the window, now more than ever she needs some form of structure and routine. How can Nicola not see that.

I lost a baby around the same time as her and my rainbow child is 4 months older than Raven. I know exactly what it’s like to overcompensate with your second child. I must admit sometimes I still do. But I also realise you have to follow their lead with boundaries and routine as well. Raven is clearly crying out for boundaries and routine.

How could she possible keep this up if they have another child as well. She’ll end up having a nervous break down. I like Nicola, and I think she’s a good mum but she really needs to give herself a break and give Raven some bloody routine!!

Reactions: 10

Cubalibra

Chatty Member
She looks like she was going to cry when raven shut the door on her when she was on the toilet. That doesn’t mean she is off to uni love calm down.

Someone has said this previously, there’s a massive difference between gentle parenting/child led and raising an absolute obnoxious s**t. I try to be child led but there are times when I’m not. I am my children’s mother, I have to set boundaries and teach them right or wrong. If parents don’t do that then who will?!?

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Regarding her latest post, I don't think I've ever had to "deflect questions" about my kids bedtime. Or felt pressured to set a bedtime. Or, for that matter, given a shit what time anyone elses kid goes to bed.

I'd love to know who all these people are that she claims are constantly "pressuring" her to do things or to answer questions about her child and her parenting methods. I do wonder sometimes if it's her own family members, or maybe even her husband? Maybe after an early start sneaking around to avoid waking his wife and child, and a long day at work, he'd quite like to come home and know he's guaranteed some chill out time once Raven is in bed.

I did snigger when I read the comment underneath where someone pointed out this sort of arrangement is fine when you've only got one child to sort out. 👍

Peanut0205

I’m a bit late to the party here but I’m so glad I found this thread! I’ve been following for about 5 years now, I found her through pregnancy hashtags when she was pregnant with her Son, we were a similar generation. I know it sounds corny but I literally felt every emotion when she lets everyone know he had very sadly passed and her subsequent journey into grief, but after she had Raven I really started to notice a change in tone, the ‘I don’t judge anyone’ holier than thou attitude whilst subsequently judging those that give their child a structured routine, and god forbid.... formula. I feel like she’s lost a lot of herself since having her little one, she very obviously loves her and wants the best for her but I can’t help but feel she might be sowing the seeds of damage for later in her life. Also on occasion (I think like most people) I have lost my temper with my child and I begrudge feeling bad that I haven’t explored his feelings behind a petit filous and a perfectly good dinner being thrown up the wall 🤷🏻‍♀️

Whineandcheese

Chatty Member
Re the formula bashing, this really wound me up when I had my first. I felt I had to justify my choices all the time. This time round I got ready to start with the justifications, and my lovely midwife just said “I don’t care how you feed your baby. I’ll offer you any help or support you want, but formula is probably the most regulated food product in the world. It’s not poison, it isn’t this horrible thing people have made it out to be, feed your baby how you want to.” SUCH a breath of fresh air. I can’t help but think it’s deeply unhealthy to think that of all the things you give your child - security, love, an education, fun, a family, a home, your time, healthy meals, treats, experiences, Christmases, holidays, trips, in jokes, silly nicknames - it’s which kind of milk you choose to give them for the first year of so if their life that you choose to believe is the most important defining aspect of you as a mother 🙄

• Heart

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
Return of the nip) come on
(Return of the nip) oh my God
(You know that I'll be back) here I am
(Return of the nip) once again
(Return of the nip) pump up the world
(Return of the nip) watch my flow
(You know that I'll be back) here I go

• Haha
Shes gross. As horrible as it is to say, that latest video of her full view nipple in Ravens mouth will be used by some not very nice people, my husband works with men on the Sexual Offenders Register and has said that children breastfeeding is a massive turn on for most of the men he works with 🤮🤮
He never allowed me to post photos of me breastfeeding for that reason 🤮
(I mean don't get me wrong, most breastfeeding photos are lovely, nothing but a bit of skin and a baby head on show, but Pea just has to go one more)

• Sick
I've always thought they were a bit scruffy. Like their house is ALWAYS messy, even when shes at home all day with 1 child (I have 4 and my house isn't a show home, but its tidied and cleaned daily) . That step thing that raven climbs on was NEVER cleaned. It used to make me cringe seeing it, germ ridden. Just get some antibac and wipe it after shes been cooking. Failing that, use a pissing baby wipe like every other mother on earth.
They moved in that beautiful new house and from day one there was just shit lying about everywhere. I'm FAR from OCD, but god, that house makes my eye twitch 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

AND PUT YOUR KID IN SOME CLEAN CLOTHES YOU LAZY MARE !

justfortonight

Chatty Member
Raven is such a gorgeous little girl.

I’m so pleased she really enjoyed her first day.

Not loving all the passive aggressive preachy comments on the post suggesting a breastfed baby is more likely to be confident and well adjusted child though 😳🤫

• Haha
  • Wow

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Long time lurker first time poster here! I feel bad saying this but I don’t like pea anymore and raven really annoys me. It’s all peas fault as she lets raven run riot and do what she likes. Is it only me who is sick or seeing her breast feeding pics too! We get if you still breast feed 🤮 don’t want to see it.

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Raven is naughty.

I know gentle parenting says no child is naughty etc

Pouring her weetbix on the floor and drawing on the floor with chalk?
Isn't good behaviour.
And this is what pisses me off beyond belief. I'm all for genteel parenting and making things teachable moments and letting children explore. It's my job and it's what I did with my own child.

But she gives it a bad name. She isn't naughty but the behaviour is and she should therefore be telling her that actually we don't do that.

Same with drawing on the floor and walls
No thank you, while your drawing is very good, you need to draw on paper or your chalkboard or outside on the patio with chalk but we can't draw on floors or walls.

And I'm also a firm believer on using the word naughty. The fact we can't use it in early years because it's negative its ridiculous. If you say that's silly, children think it's funny because being silly is what Mr Tumble does and that's funny.
Absolutely let Raven explore but she still needs to maintain boundaries and it can be done in a gentle parenting way.

Sorrybutno

VIP Member
This might be a unpopular opinion.. But i really Dont agree with this whole extended breastfeeding. I just cant work out what the need is? You can be connected to your toddler in so many other ways. Just a cuddle and a story would be fine? Does anyone else do this? Im open to facts about why you would do it. I breastfed both mine but stopped at a year as it was purely just for food not used as a comfort.