One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well considering 12 people have liked my comment then I don’t think I’m the only one thinking it. I wasn’t trying to be rude, I kNow she is a baby loss account but if you follow her you should be happy that she has announced a pregnancy after suffering such a terrible loss. I just can’t fathom people suggesting it was insensitive to announce a pregnancy? And how she should somehow feel bad for this as it might upset strangers she doesn’t even know?
On another note I wonder how raven is going to cope with another baby, she is soooo demanding.
I’d rather have fewer people like my comment, but show empathy for other people’s experience personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well considering 12 people have liked my comment then I don’t think I’m the only one thinking it. I wasn’t trying to be rude, I kNow she is a baby loss account but if you follow her you should be happy that she has announced a pregnancy after suffering such a terrible loss. I just can’t fathom people suggesting it was insensitive to announce a pregnancy? And how she should somehow feel bad for this as it might upset strangers she doesn’t even know?
On another note I wonder how raven is going to cope with another baby, she is soooo demanding.
I don't think it's insensitive to announce a pregnancy, but she could put a caveat or a TW for all those who she knows will feel sadness. After all, she'll have experienced that herself. It's called kindness and compassion.

Reactions: 5
I’d rather have fewer people like my comment, but show empathy for other people’s experience personally.
I just seriously honestly can’t believe that people are suggesting she is insensitive for announcing her pregnancy? I literally don’t like this woman one single bit and I have also experienced loss and so has my mother also had stillborn TWINS however I would never suggest that someone (who doesn’t even know I exist) shouldn’t announce her pregnancy on Instagram just because I follow her and have gone through loss. It’s literally mind blowing to me. But clearly we’re all different.

Reactions: 1
I just seriously honestly can’t believe that people are suggesting she is insensitive for announcing her pregnancy? I literally don’t like this woman one single bit and I have also experienced loss and so has my mother also had stillborn TWINS however I would never suggest that someone (who doesn’t even know I exist) shouldn’t announce her pregnancy on Instagram just because I follow her and have gone through loss. It’s literally mind blowing to me. But clearly we’re all different.
I don’t necessarily understand either. I’ve never lost a baby, struggled with fertility or miscarried past 6 weeks. So it isn’t my place to judge. But given I don’t understand, I can empathise and I can absolutely understand why - given her platform - others may feel a trigger warning (or similar) may be appropriate.

Reactions: 1
In her book she literally talks about announcing pregnancy on social media and being mindful of others.
Excellent it doesn't affect you but it's highly unfair to say others are 'jealous' because they are affected by it.
Baby loss, or any loss infact is personal. Grief isn't a competition, but compassion, empathy and understanding are free.

I also agree, I wonder how she will cope with raven and a new baby, because she certainly isn't going to be able to follow raven around?

Reactions: 6
What I can’t stand is how she ‘shows off’ and makes out Raven’s so ‘clever’ oh she doesn't use that word. I mean with all the activity books, spot the difference, stickers, preparing her for nursery’ yawnnnnn
My daughter went to nursery at 10 months because I had to go back to work, but I don’t brag how she can count or do activity books. Let the child learn ffs and take the camera out her face. It’s almost like now there is a new baby on the way she doesn’t need Raven 24/7 so she’s shipping her off to nursery. When before education ‘was bad‘ and she was banging on about home schooling? I mean when the hell did Dean and Pea actually get time to conceive this child without Raven stuck on her tit?

What I can’t stand is how she ‘shows off’ and makes out Raven’s so ‘clever’ oh she doesn't use that word. I mean with all the activity books, spot the difference, stickers, preparing her for nursery’ yawnnnnn
My daughter went to nursery at 10 months because I had to go back to work, but I don’t brag how she can count or do activity books. Let the child learn ffs and take the camera out her face. It’s almost like now there is a new baby on the way she doesn’t need Raven 24/7 so she’s shipping her off to nursery. When before education ‘was bad‘ and she was banging on about home schooling? I mean when the hell did Dean and Pea actually get time to conceive this child without Raven stuck on her tit?
I think she knows her current method isn't sustainable without nursery once a newborn is added to the equation.

You're right about the showing off, it drives me insane too. I think she's in for a shock when Raven starts nursery and she discovers she's probably no more advanced than any other kid her age.

Unfortunately I think Raven is also in for a shock, unless part of her preparation involves teaching her she won't be centre of attention any more, she may not be the brightest kid in the room, and sitting on the table top eating from someone elses plate isn't encouraged in polite society.

My daughter also went to nursery at 10 months.
She bright for her age, but ultimately she enjoys life, finds joy in everything and knows she isn't the centre of the universe.
They don't do 'academic' type stuff at nursery anyway. It's literally all play.

Raven maybe advanced at letters and numbers, but social skills such as turn taking, eating at a table with cutlery etc I think they're all in for a shock

My daughter also went to nursery at 10 months.
She bright for her age, but ultimately she enjoys life, finds joy in everything and knows she isn't the centre of the universe.
They don't do 'academic' type stuff at nursery anyway. It's literally all play.

Raven maybe advanced at letters and numbers, but social skills such as turn taking, eating at a table with cutlery etc I think they're all in for a shock
Yes I 100% agree! My daughter is very shy natured and nursery has been a godsend she has become more outgoing and is very good playing with children in groups, she also shares, and has good table manners! She knows she doesn't get everything she wants. She is also good at numbers etc but I don’t rub it in peoples faces, because she was behind with her walking and she didn’t have any teeth until 16 months. I know you shouldn’t but you do compare your child to other peoples children thinking why isn’t my child doing that at that age? I think Pea just puts her on a pedestal all the time and I think she knows she’s doing it on purpose and rubbing it in people’s faces how ‘amazing her child is’
Like you said nursery is not academic at all, its is learning play and social skills. Pea reminds me of Sam Faiers very preachy show off mum who baby’s their children aslong as they can for their own benefit of being ‘needed’

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand who gains from her showing R doing letter recognition or numbers. It comes across very showy and smug. There doesn’t seem much point to it from a followers perspective?

Reactions: 5
Oh duck off again with the nips, I’m so bored of it! Yes you still breastfeed your teenager, you don’t need to post a photo on social media for her to be bullied about in a few years. Poor kid.
Also I call bullshit on the tandem feed. She will not be able to cope with the demands of a newborn and 3yo at the same time.
Cue a lot of “we got this mamas” posts.

Also sorry for being brutal. I’ve worked 38 out of the last 60 hours and my “fucks to give basket” is thoroughly empty.

Reactions: 8
Oh duck off again with the nips, I’m so bored of it! Yes you still breastfeed your teenager, you don’t need to post a photo on social media for her to be bullied about in a few years. Poor kid.
Also I call bullshit on the tandem feed. She will not be able to cope with the demands of a newborn and 3yo at the same time.
Cue a lot of “we got this mamas” posts.

Also sorry for being brutal. I’ve worked 38 out of the last 60 hours and my “fucks to give basket” is thoroughly empty.
Oh my god this has to be her most sanctimonious post to date 😳

Banging on about she overcome breastfeeding during pregnancy despite it being painful because you know, she’s the best. I used to be clueless about breastfeeding but then I learned absolutely everything about it and preach about it non stop because I care about my child way more than anyone else does. Sorry if you didn’t get to feed your baby beyond 4 weeks because of ongoing health problems, that’s such a western problem, I don’t experience any of that because I understand what breastfeeding is all about.

Sorry but you prioritise breastfeeding a newborn over a child at pre-school, and newborns are incredibly demanding with the breast, I’m sorry I just don’t get how she’s going to live out her tandem feeding dream, it would be too hard to negotiate.

Reactions: 7
How did they have time to have sex to make the baby? He most likely spunked one out in her ‘gentle lentil dahl’ and she quickly shoved it up there while raven chalked all over the cupboards.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
There’s going to be some serious jealousy when this baby comes along. Especially with the breastfeeding. It all sounds like a recipe for disaster. So she’s going to breastfeed two children at once, both at different ages. How does it work with colostrum? How does it work with the sleeping arrangements? How does it work with the fact she will not give Raven any structure and routine? When I had my second the routine with my first child is what saved me from a mental breakdown! It’s going to be very interesting to see how it all works out.

Reactions: 6
There’s going to be some serious jealousy when this baby comes along. Especially with the breastfeeding. It all sounds like a recipe for disaster. So she’s going to breastfeed two children at once, both at different ages. How does it work with colostrum? How does it work with the sleeping arrangements? How does it work with the fact she will not give Raven any structure and routine? When I had my second the routine with my first child is what saved me from a mental breakdown! It’s going to be very interesting to see how it all works out.
Biologically, tandem feeding is possible as women do it routinely in some cultures (I’m guessing with varied success around a baby’s health if in a developing country). But it’s the attention and jealousy thing - I don’t know how she is going to be able to manage. Like you, my older child needed routine when her younger sibling came along - we all did!

I don’t agree with the statement that breastfeeding solves all problems and “if in doubt, whip it out” - erm no, granted sometimes especially in the early days that works, but in my opinion you need more tools in the box for dealing with toddlers.

If her milk has dried up then her body is obviously trying to tell her something. You'd think someone so obsessed with the "biological norm" would have worked that out. Has it not occurred to her that maybe her body is putting the energy it's been using to produce milk into growing a new life?

It also proves what we've all been saying, that Raven is basically using her as a dummy, rather than a food source.

Also, we're back to a first time Mum with one 3 year old preaching about parenting. She knows everything about her own child, but doesn't seem to consider that children and parents are all different. I hope this new baby gives her a wake up call or 2. If she gets a tongue tied baby, or a reflux baby, she's going to find breastfeeding a whole different experience.

Reactions: 3
How can you film yourself “legit falling asleep “”
Yeah that’s not possible 🤷‍♀️

But I can’t imagine how tired she must be. Pregnancy takes so much energy, as well as breastfeeding a pre-schooler, the constant need to play all hours of the day with raven and set up educational activities.

And this is not me bodyshaming her at all, but I’d say she’s quite underweight. She’s obviously naturally slim but before she showed her bump she was just skin and bone - they don’t seem to eat much but lentils and quorn?

It just goes to show the martyrdom of attachment parenting, that she’d put herself through all that rather than stick the TV on, or tell dean it’s his turn and go to bed for a few hours.

How did they have time to have sex to make the baby? He most likely spunked one out in her ‘gentle lentil dahl’ and she quickly shoved it up there while raven chalked all over the cupboards.
I remember someone saying this to her before a few months ago like how do they have sex with Raven in the bed constantly or something like that, and she said well sex doesn't always have to take place in the bedroom at a set time. So sounds to me like its grab and go kinda thing😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.