One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I often wonder when she actually bathes. Because Raven doesn't seem to be bathed that often and when does Nicola have time?

Reactions: 2
Raven would probably enjoy dunking her feet in the water.
Raven looked so lovely in her proper little outfit. No way would I let my daughter, who is a similar age, pick her own outfits.
I’ve let my daughter pick her outfits since she was about 2... we had some interesting choices to begin with but she’s nearly 4 now and she picks lovely things to wear every day.

I'm actually genuinely concerned about her mental wellbeing. All the time she looks so tired, her hair looks limp and clearly in need of a good wash, shes always been a pale girl but she was so beautiful before Raven. Don't get me wrong she's still beautiful but she looks so much older. She needs a decent break away for an hour or so, even if it's just take a bath or go for a walk by herself

Reactions: 6
When my daughter was born after I lost my first baby I was very similar to Nicola. Like previous posters have said, you feel like you have to give every fibre of your being all the time because you want to make up for lost time you didn’t have with your sleeping baby. I remember feeling wracked with guilt when I first slept back in my own room after transferring her to her nursery. Even then I had a mattress next to her cot!

Anyway it was the best thing I ever did as I couldn’t have gone on living that way. It wasn’t fair on me, my relationship, and most of all my daughter. Now we have a son and it physically wouldn’t have been possible to continue like that with him here.
It will be very interesting to see how the dynamic changes when she has another baby.

Reactions: 7
When my daughter was born after I lost my first baby I was very similar to Nicola. Like previous posters have said, you feel like you have to give every fibre of your being all the time because you want to make up for lost time you didn’t have with your sleeping baby. I remember feeling wracked with guilt when I first slept back in my own room after transferring her to her nursery. Even then I had a mattress next to her cot!

Anyway it was the best thing I ever did as I couldn’t have gone on living that way. It wasn’t fair on me, my relationship, and most of all my daughter. Now we have a son and it physically wouldn’t have been possible to continue like that with him here.
It will be very interesting to see how the dynamic changes when she has another baby.
I genuinely do not know how they'll even get around to making another baby the way they're carrying on at the moment :/

Reactions: 4
11pm, I'm in bed before that. If my daughter stayed up until 11pm she'd be like banshee the next day.
It's really unfair to Raven too, poor girl doesn't know what's what.
You'd think she'd know better with the job she does.
My mum had 2 full term stillborn girls and then a real struggle to get my brother. She did alot of work for sands.
She bought Nicolas book out of curiosity as its not very often the death of children is written about.
2 years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy, I was 10 weeks, had been fobbed off by the hospital and had to have emergency surgery.
Mum lent me the book, I messaged nicola to say thanks for writing the book and my situation and how much it had helped.
She said, that's a bummer...i went off her from then

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
11pm, I'm in bed before that. If my daughter stayed up until 11pm she'd be like banshee the next day.
My mum had 2 full term stillborn girls and then a real struggle to get my brother. She did alot of work for sands.
She bought Nicolas book out of curiosity as its not very often the death of children is written about.
2 years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy, I was 10 weeks, had been fobbed off by the hospital and had to have emergency surgery.
Mum lent me the book, I messaged nicola to say thanks for writing the book and my situation and how much it had helped.
I'm sorry, what? She said you ectopic pregnancy was a bummer? Are you bleeping kidding me? Wow. What a piece of tit she turns out to be.

Reactions: 8
I'm sorry, what? She said you ectopic pregnancy was a bummer? Are you bleeping kidding me? Wow. What a piece of tit she turns out to be.
Yeah, I'll see if I still have the message. I was a bit shocked.
I wasn't comparing to her experience, just reaching out.

• Sad
I often wonder when she actually bathes. Because Raven doesn't seem to be bathed that often and when does Nicola have time?
I think she's mentioned before they bath together. So she doesn't even take the time to relax in the bath by herself.

I think she's mentioned before they bath together. So she doesn't even take the time to relax in the bath by herself.
God... Why doesn't she just shove Raven back up? It's obvious she feels that they still need to be one person 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The thing is, if you scroll back to her pre-raven posts she was very into self care. Her buddhism was very important to her, she took time to go swimming with her Mum, her and Dean spent time together, she chilled in the bath, they travelled.

All that doesn't have to stop when you have kids. Yes, it might change somewhat, but you can still have a nice bath by yourself, or put your kid to bed and have the other parent cook a nice meal to share, or even stick the kid in front of Peppa for an hour while you read a book.

It's quite sad to see really.

Reactions: 8
What a cow bag.
I'm sorry for your loss and for your Moms losses too x

• Heart
What the hell? “That’s a bummer?” Just highlights this woman’s self importance, no loss will ever compare to hers in her eyes. She’s not out to support anybody, she’s a selfish cow.

I’m very sorry for your loss, ectopic pregnancies are terrifying and destructive and you are so brave. The loss of your baby and tube are so much more than just a “bummer”

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What the hell? “That’s a bummer?” Just highlights this woman’s self importance, no loss will ever compare to hers in her eyes. She’s not out to support anybody, she’s a selfish cow.

I’m very sorry for your loss, ectopic pregnancies are terrifying and destructive and you are so brave. The loss of your baby and tube are so much more than just a “bummer”
Thank you.
I have stage 4 endometriosis too, which is what they figure caused it.
I had quite major surgery in Dec and there's only about a 5% chance I'll be able to have another child.
It was a scary time, I was scared I would die (I had 2 pints of blood in my stomach when they finally operated) and I was afraid I'd leave my girl & my husband behind.
I wasn't trying to compare.

Reactions: 5
Wow. I'm so sorry for what you went through.
What a cow !!!!
It's clear to see that she does think she is the only mother that has lost a baby.

She clearly reads here, as shes highlighted the fact this morning that shes washed her hair and brushed her teeth 🙄😂

Hi Nicola, get your kid in a routine and set some boundaries. You're doing her no good being that 'gentle' (if that's what you can call it, I beg to differ ). Shes gonna struggle in life when she realises that the sun doesn't actually shine out of her ass, and that she cannot waltz round and do what she likes .

Silly woman 🙄

I’m in the middle of terminating a 26 week old baby who was very much a surprise and is very poorly (I desperately wanted a child too) I want to get her book for when I’m ready to read it but don’t want to put money in her pocket....... mean I know

• Sad
I’m in the middle of terminating a 26 week old baby who was very much a surprise and is very poorly (I desperately wanted a child too) I want to get her book for when I’m ready to read it but don’t want to put money in her pocket....... mean I know
So sorry you're going through that ❤ I hope you'll be ok.
Buy it second hand, that way she's only had the money once.

I’m so sorry for what you are going through xx I haven’t read either but would recommend Elle from feathering the empty nests book instead she seems so lovely and a much nicer person to support x

Reactions: 9
I’m so sorry for what you are going through xx I haven’t read either but would recommend Elle from feathering the empty nests book instead she seems so lovely and a much nicer person to support x
That woman is amazing and I’m so so glad she’s pregnant again and prey to god she has a healthy and positive out come

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.