One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was quite precious about my first born staying out, she was 9 months her first stay and nannies then second came along and I was like off you pop a hell of a lot quicker 😂
These gentle parents seem to think martyring themselves and essentially parenting themselves sick, is a good thing. There is a balance between meeting every need of your child and also meeting your own needs.
One woman in one of the groups I'm in that nicola is in too, was so low and exhausted and ill, felt at the absolute end of her tether, attached to her baby 24/7 etc. She was absolutely desperate for advice to help her get more rest and less run down. Everyone was just like oh don't worry little one will grow out of it in time, baby is going through a leap, it's just a regression it will phase out, just keep boobing (hate that phrase🤢) I'm just sat there shaking my head thinking this isn't what she asked for. They were unbelievably blasé and flippant to the needs of the mother.

Reactions: 4
I also find it quite funny that nicola goes on like Sarah ockwell Smith is the Lord and saviour of parenting but totally ignores things like this 🙄
So true! When our daughter was born we never shared one picture of her until she was 1. She was so tiny we couldn’t bare to have her plastered all over social media, she was for our eyes only, also everyone who met her actually saw her for the first time rather than 3000 albums on facebook or whatever. We share the odd pic here and there now but don’t fill our grid up with it.
Tbh another reason we didnt share pics is because we was SO thankful and lucky to have her in our lives and I know there’s many people who can’t/ struggling/ miscarried etc I felt like its rubbing in their faces posting loads and loads of pictures of a baby. Which is why I’m suprised at Pea that she’s not mindful of others when Ravens so perfect?

Reactions: 2
Agreed. For a bereaved parent she is completely insensitive to the feelings of others. I actually think she comes across as an arrogant and selfish person now. Parenthood has definitely not made her a nicer person. She's the kind of mum I'd have avoided like the plague at nursery. Raven seems like an entitled brat.

Reactions: 4
I share some pictures of my kids but I only really achievements/milestones. My profile is completely locked down. I don't flip flop between making it private and then public. I also don't really care if other people share pictures of their kids, it's just the hypocrisy of nicola constantly spouting to respect you child and their emotions, yet completely fails to respect the child's privacy.
Sorry for my rant last night 🙈 I was just so riled up after seeing this mother receive no support.

Agreed. For a bereaved parent she is completely insensitive to the feelings of others. I actually think she comes across as an arrogant and selfish person now. Parenthood has definitely not made her a nicer person. She's the kind of mum I'd have avoided like the plague at nursery. Raven seems like an entitled brat.
She is definitely the type of mum I avoid like the plague in the playground 😂 cannot be dealing with crunchy preachy parents and there perfect little darlings at 8.30 in the morning, when I've probably had to shout 'will you please just brush your teeth and get your bloody shoes on' 6832285 in the previous hour 😂

Reactions: 5
She is definitely the type of mum I avoid like the plague in the playground 😂 cannot be dealing with crunchy preachy parents and there perfect little darlings at 8.30 in the morning, when I've probably had to shout 'will you please just brush your teeth and get your bloody shoes on' 6832285 in the previous hour 😂
I think it's more likely that Raven would be running around the playground with no shoes on because she didn't feel like wearing them that day, and her Mother didn't want to make her put them on because it's not what she wanted to do 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think it's more likely that Raven would be running around the playground with no shoes on because she didn't feel like wearing them that day, and her Mother didn't want to make her put them on because it's not what she wanted to do 🙄
Omg yes!! I can see it now. We do have a crunchy parent a little bit like that in my youngest ones playground and the kid often turns up to school wearing what he wants, doing what he wants etc. The mum, like nicola, looks absolutely drained. I probably would be though if I had my kids dictating everything.

I was quite precious about my first born staying out, she was 9 months her first stay and nannies then second came along and I was like off you pop a hell of a lot quicker 😂
These gentle parents seem to think martyring themselves and essentially parenting themselves sick, is a good thing. There is a balance between meeting every need of your child and also meeting your own needs.
One woman in one of the groups I'm in that nicola is in too, was so low and exhausted and ill, felt at the absolute end of her tether, attached to her baby 24/7 etc. She was absolutely desperate for advice to help her get more rest and less run down. Everyone was just like oh don't worry little one will grow out of it in time, baby is going through a leap, it's just a regression it will phase out, just keep boobing (hate that phrase🤢) I'm just sat there shaking my head thinking this isn't what she asked for. They were unbelievably blasé and flippant to the needs of the mother.
That is so sad.

• Wow
The pregnancy announcement actually made me a bit sad.
Cooking away happily and healthily...i can't cook babies any more. It would be a minor miracle.
I actually think she's quite insensitive. Especially because alot of the people who follow her follow her because of sharing her experience of baby loss.
Obviously I wish her well. I just feel a bit kicked tbh

Reactions: 3
Cooking away happily and healthily...i can't cook babies any more. It would be a minor miracle.
I actually think she's quite insensitive. Especially because alot of the people who follow her follow her because of sharing her experience of baby loss.
As much as she annoys me, I don’t think she meant it insensitively. She’s probably just over the moon that the baby is doing well and was happy to share that news.

Reactions: 12
I’m really happy for her obviously pregnancy is a blessing for anyone, would never wish otherwise. I just hope she doesn’t begin to rub it all in our faces with it every minute of everyday, and fgs pea wear a bra! Them nips on the insta story bump shot 🥴
How’s Raven gonna cope without her 1000% undivided attention 24/7? Mind you baby will probs be in a carrier stuck on the boob all the time.

I’m so sorry her post made you feel like that. You’re right, many people do follow her as a result of baby loss & regardless of intent she should probably consider how her announcement could impact people & be somewhat sensitive to that... I mean she’s an author on babyloss.

Reactions: 1
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought late winter would be Jan Feb time? I live in the same area as pea and my 12 week scans was really clear too

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought late winter would be Jan Feb time? I live in the same area as pea and my 12 week scans was really clear too
I would say by the bump story it's a 20 week scan but I could be totally wrong.

Reactions: 1
Yeah that’s what I would class as late winter. The scan is clear but the baby looks more developed, in both my 12 week ones the baby looks kind of like a prawn 😂 you can tell it’s the 20 week one because the baby’s skull is rounder and you can see the spine etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.