One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does Raven have no sort of routine by now? She’s 3 not 3 month? I understand every now and then have a late or early night, my daughter doesn’t have a ‘set’ bedtime but roughly the 7/7.30ish is bedtime.
how the hell is she going to cope when she’s at nursery, and she picks her up and she’s absolutely shattered and she wants to go to bed at 4pm? Cuz she went to bed at 11pm the previous night? Having a child in some sort of routine is not a bad thing, You can’t live your life around your childs freedom and when they want to do something?!
Also all this nursery talk and buying ‘nursery’ clothes that she wants her to be comfortable in (which will get ditched) and lunchboxes etc is too just much, its like she’s going to school or something? She’s mega draining atm!
(I don’t mean about Winter because I couldn’t imagine what she’s been through) just the moaning about being tired and not going out because Raven doesn’t want too?! Jeez get a grip. How do we all cope when we’ve got to make our kids do something they don’t particularly want to do? 😏

Attachments

Reactions: 4
How does Raven have no sort of routine by now? She’s 3 not 3 month? I understand every now and then have a late or early night, my daughter doesn’t have a ‘set’ bedtime but roughly the 7/7.30ish is bedtime.
how the hell is she going to cope when she’s at nursery, and she picks her up and she’s absolutely shattered and she wants to go to bed at 4pm? Cuz she went to bed at 11pm the previous night? Having a child in some sort of routine is not a bad thing, You can’t live your life around your childs freedom and when they want to do something?!
Also all this nursery talk and buying ‘nursery’ clothes that she wants her to be comfortable in (which will get ditched) and lunchboxes etc is too just much, its like she’s going to school or something? She’s mega draining atm!
(I don’t mean about Winter because I couldn’t imagine what she’s been through) just the moaning about being tired and not going out because Raven doesn’t want too?! Jeez get a grip. How do we all cope when we’ve got to make our kids do something they don’t particularly want to do? 😏
No, no, no! Routine, bad! Letting your 3 year old run your life, good!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She needs to get a ruddy grip of herself. My son has been in a solid routine since he was 3 months old & it's not done him any harm at all. Pea is a whinging old martyr, god help her when she's got a newborn to deal with as well

Reactions: 3
'I showed her the Tupperware I bought'
Jesus Christ. No wonder she asked to go to bed at 6.30. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ravens playing with a bit of dried up chip that she found behind some furniture 🤢 who on earth let’s their children play with bits of old food they find, her house must be disgusting!

• Sick
Ravens playing with a bit of dried up chip that she found behind some furniture 🤢 who on earth let’s their children play with bits of old food they find, her house must be disgusting!
It’s allowing Raven’s imagination to flourish ❤

• Haha
State of that carpet! I doubt they've even hoovered it, let alone clean it, in the 3ish years they've been there.

When Raven's at nursery I hope she uses some of her child-free time to clean her grotty house.

• Sick
You may not have had a baby who wasn’t keen on cuddles or being held to sleep but I definitely have. At less than 6 months she naturally slept better in her own space and without being held or rocked. Just the way she was, nothing I did or encouraged (I would have loved more cuddles!) All babies are different and we can’t speak for everyone based on our own experiences 😀 (she’s now a very confident and well adjusted 5 year old who loves a cuddle btw!)
My younger son is the same. He loves a cuddle but prefers to sleep in his cot. I still sometimes co sleep with my 5 year old however. Kids are all different.

Reactions: 2
Return of the nip) come on
(Return of the nip) oh my God
(You know that I'll be back) here I am
(Return of the nip) once again
(Return of the nip) pump up the world
(Return of the nip) watch my flow
(You know that I'll be back) here I go

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jesus. She's banging on about how hard it is to arrange family life.

She has one kid and works about 10 hours a week. She's got it so easy compared to most.

Reactions: 12

She has one kid and works about 10 hours a week. She's got it so easy compared to most.
But she has to put petrol in the car and remember to pick up and drop off her child...

I’ve rolled my eyes so hard I think I’ve actually gone blind.

• Haha

Is her plan to give up work completely after her maternity leave with the new baby? Because by then she’ll have to start homeschooling raven won’t she?

Reactions: 1

Exactly! Imagine if she had to work full time like we do just to provide for our family. I don’t know how we cope?! She’s just lazy and thinks being a mum is sat down on the (dirty) floor all day letting your child play with any random toys and dictate when you can and can’t leave the house.
I work full time, have a small child, keep a clean house, do the washing, cook, maintain a social life where I can. Get into the real world pea!

Is her plan to give up work completely after her maternity leave with the new baby? Because by then she’ll have to start homeschooling raven won’t she?
It wouldn't surprise me.

She's mentioned in the past about trying to convince Dean to let her home school Raven. I reckon he's behind the nursery idea, and she's secretly hoping Raven won't settle so she can tell Dean mainstream education won't be right for her.

I'm also assuming the fact she didn't pack work in after Raven was born means they needed that extra bit of income. So is poor Dean going to have to pick up extra hours at work, and miss out on time with his kids, so she can tit about their scummy house building houses for toy dinosaurs under the guise of "home educating"?

We took her some flowers Raven chose because she's the only child in the world capable of choosing things.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
We took her some flowers Raven chose because she's the only child in the world capable of choosing things.
She’s spent more time and effort preparing raven for going to nursery a couple of mornings a week than most people do when their teenagers go to university - honestly who could be bloody arseddd 😰🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Exactly! Imagine if she had to work full time like we do just to provide for our family. I don’t know how we cope?! She’s just lazy and thinks being a mum is sat down on the (dirty) floor all day letting your child play with any random toys and dictate when you can and can’t leave the house.
I work full time, have a small child, keep a clean house, do the washing, cook, maintain a social life where I can. Get into the real world pea!
We are the same - we work full time and I also travel at least 16 hours a week on top of that, plus have multiple children - plus all the additional things you mentioned including trying to make time for our marriage and self care... I mean it’s just normal life and it’s not always easy but how she has a hard time with her 4 hours a week of work, her one kid and her messy house I don’t understand. It actually annoys me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.