Olivia Neill #14 She would never pass the bechdel test

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't help but not feel any sympathy if I'm honest. People warned her time and time again but she just thought she was so special that it would never happen to her whilst simultaneously promoting sunbeds to young girls. (Not outright promoting, I know, but everybody knows she uses sunbeds and she knows this, she also knows the lengths girls will go to try look like her...)

Reactions: 8
i saw the original tiktok really early and someone in the comments had put something along the lines of this is why the sun is so dangerous, wear sunscreen! and she replied saying something like so true but my type of skin cancer has no known cause like cmon olivia you must realise that developing a rare type of skin cancer is down to your use of sunbeds and not putting sunscreen on ????
She’s probably in massive denial at the moment to help her cope😞😞but she could actually use this situation to spread awareness to the girls who blindly follow her if she wanted to

Reactions: 6
I do feel very sorry for her if I’m honest, we all have same bad habits whether it be drinking, vaping or smoking etc and somewhat have an ‘it’ll never happen to me attitude’, although I agree she should try and use this to educate people on the dangers of sun beds, 99% of people know the dangers it carries and do it anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 43
sorry but i think it's a bit depraved that there are genuinely people on here saying that they don't feel bad for her that she has literal cancer ?? at 21 ?? no matter what you think about her or her attitude to sunbeds in the past, i think it's really horrid to essentially say she deserves it for going on the beds ? she was 16/17 years old in those videos, we ALL have bad/unhealthy habits as teenagers and i feel so terrible for her that she's dealing with something as scary as cancer now because of decisions she made as a 16 year old.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
sorry but i think it's a bit depraved that there are genuinely people on here saying that they don't feel bad for her that she has literal cancer ?? at 21 ?? no matter what you think about her or her attitude to sunbeds in the past, i think it's really horrid to essentially say she deserves it for going on the beds ? she was 16/17 years old in those videos, we ALL have bad/unhealthy habits as teenagers and i feel so terrible for her that she's dealing with something as scary as cancer now because of decisions she made as a 16 year old.
Just my opinion. I’m finding it really difficult to feel sympathy, she’s older than me and I was very influenced by her at one point a few years ago, I just think she’s very irresponsible. Nowhere did I say she deserves it, don’t put words in my mouth. Saying I don’t feel sympathy ≠ her deserving it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
It’s not that we don’t feel bad - it’s the fact that for 5+ years she has actively been promoting sunbeds, using baby oil instead of spf and cremating yourself. Personally, she’s the reason I started sunbeds when I watched her videos I wanted to get her tan.
i think if it was any other form of cancer it would be different, but the fact it is clearly self inflicted skin cancer it’s a different story. I wonder how many other people she has influenced and could now be in danger

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s not that we don’t feel bad - it’s the fact that for 5+ years she has actively been promoting sunbeds, using baby oil instead of spf and cremating yourself. Personally, she’s the reason I started sunbeds when I watched her videos I wanted to get her tan.
i think if it was any other form of cancer it would be different, but the fact it is clearly self inflicted skin cancer it’s a different story. I wonder how many other people she has influenced and could now be in danger
yeah - plus joking about cancer from the offset isn’t cool

Reactions: 17
I think it comes back to the age old saying of ‘if your friend jumped off a bridge would you?’, if you’re blindly copying a 16 year old and ignoring dangers which were, and are still heavily reported then 🤷‍♀️

The girl’s 21 and I can’t begin to imagine how she’s feeling right now, whether or not it’s self-inflicted I think the slightest bit of empathy is the bare minimum

• Heart
Reactions: 33
yeah i dont know how people couldnt be sympathetic.....shes literally got skin cancer like what would it take for you to show sympathy towards her if you don't already?

Reactions: 16
I think the bigger issue here than strangers on the internet saying they don’t feel sympathy about her situation is her joking about cancer for years and still not using her platform to warn others of the dangers??

Reactions: 5
I think some of you don’t understand how skin cancer (and specifically the type of skin cancer Olivia has) is very different to other types of cancer. It’s not something that she will have to live with for the rest of her life that will eventually kill her. She will have an operation to remove it, and that will be it. She will be cancer free. And in a very high percentage of cases it doesn’t grow back. That’s the end of that. Yes it’s scary to hear those words but it’s not like she’s dying or she’s now going to be really sick. So yes I can understand why she’s come online extremely blasé or why some people are saying they don’t really want to give her the time of day on this.

Reactions: 24
p
I think the bigger issue here than strangers on the internet saying they don’t feel sympathy about her situation is her joking about cancer for years and still not using her platform to warn others of the dangers??
shes literally freshly diagnosed, she said she hasn’t even had the chance to her doctor yet. Let the girl process it first. Also, she is not obligated to share her personal struggles such as health which is why she may have deleted the video. I think it’s very unfair for people to say they have no sympathy. Everyone does something which can cause cancer to some extent knowing the risks e.g. eating red meat, going on birth control, vaping, smoking, drinking.

Reactions: 11
Is she in the wrong about not applying SPF, using baby oil and sun beds? Absolutely. I’m sure it’s now something she’ll regret for the rest of her life. I think expecting her to start talking about all of this stuff straight away is a bit too much to expect. She’s probably still trying to process the whole situation herself and the last thing she’s thinking about doing is coming online straight away to tell millions of people that she fucked up. I hope in time she will, but I wouldn’t expect it from her right now.

Reactions: 6
i just think it's sad that a 21 year old has shared her cancer diagnosis online and not even 24 hours later people are hopping on here and saying that have zero sympathy for her and it's all self-inflicted. the time to discuss the importance of influence and how what influencers tell their audience can have serious implications will come but right now i just feel like she deserves a bit of empathy. like, the girl literally has cancer and people are still picking holes in the fact and criticising her already. just have a day off😬

Reactions: 28
A cancer diagnosis would be devastating for anyone, she mentioned she doesn’t think she’ll need chemo or radiotherapy but there’s a chance she might. For a 21 year old girl whose life is essentially her looks, she must be absolutely terrified. I really really hope she’ll be okay, nobody deserves to get that news regardless of your feelings towards her. I come on this thread for a bit of gossip and I didn’t expect to see this type of reaction when a young girl is diagnosed with cancer.

Reactions: 21
you can’t sit and make light of cancer for 5+ years (assuming she’s never had personal experience of anyone close to her having cancer or she wouldn’t be doing it) and then expect sympathy when there’s people who do everything to avoid it and still get it?? maybe I’m jaded because I’ve seen first hand what cancer can do to people. nobody is saying she deserves it but i think her attitude over the past few years showed she didn’t think it would happen to her. I actually don’t dislike olivia at all but the sunbed use really rubs me the wrong way

Reactions: 18
This is a bit dramatic. Yes it’s ‘cancer’ but it’s not severe/likely to do much harm to her lol. It’s just a massive wake up call

Reactions: 13
My auntie has the exact cancer she’s got and hers was from using the sun beds/hiring them to be at her house and going on holiday using literal oil to sit and bake in the sun from sunrise until sunset. They do a minor operation where you’re awake to remove the cancer and then send it off to a lab. She’s had several of them removed from her face/legs/chest.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.