Olivia Neill #14 She would never pass the bechdel test

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She used sunbeds consistently for like 3+ years (whilst being sponsored by fake tan brands but that’s another story). I hope nobody was influenced by her to start using them. I’m a year older than her and it was really drilled into me from a young age how bad they were, I think we even learned about it at school. I’m surprised they’re not banned.

Reactions: 20
so incredibly horrible that this has happened but you’re right and I so hope she can now use her platform to discuss the dangers. It worries me SO much how sunbeds and overly tanning / sunbathing is so normalised for influencers and it is SO dangerous. I dread to think how many people watch these videos (not just Olivia’s) and think sun beds are fine. I really hope she can spread some influence on this as younger people really do seem to copy everything she does
She didn’t even acknowledge in the video that it’s most likely because of her sunbed use which is annoying. I imagine she thinks it’s not to do with sunbeds because it wasn’t discovered by a dodgy mole

Reactions: 20
in one of her old family holiday vlogs she said she wasn’t using spf she was just using tanning oil. the amount of cancer jokes she made i really think she didn’t believe she’d actually get it but here we are

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Kinda concerning how she didn’t mention the sun beds once in that tik tok and tried to claim that it was a completely random occurrence

Reactions: 29
If she was wise she’d use her huge platforms to now warn about sun beds and how they don’t favour anyone but she won’t

Reactions: 31
She used sunbeds consistently for like 3+ years (whilst being sponsored by fake tan brands but that’s another story). I hope nobody was influenced by her to start using them. I’m a year older than her and it was really drilled into me from a young age how bad they were, I think we even learned about it at school. I’m surprised they’re not banned.
I can’t lie she is the reason why I used sunbeds for the “pre holiday base tan” and although it did work I am quite scared at the risks now…

Reactions: 3
I can’t lie she is the reason why I used sunbeds for the “pre holiday base tan” and although it did work I am quite scared at the risks now…
You won’t be the only one she has influenced. Just be careful from now on, SPF on everyday, even the cloudy days! Stay out the sun between 11-3, wear a high factor and reapply throughout the day, wear a hat. And if you see any new moles or anything different about your body, go to the doctor asap ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
You won’t be the only one she has influenced. Just be careful from now one, SPF on everyday, even the cloudy days! Stay out the sun between 11-3, wear a high factor and reapply throughout the day, wear a hat. And if you see any new moles or anything different about your body, go to the doctor asap ❤
Thank you, I feel a lot better about it❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’ll be one of those things that she won’t have thought would ever happen to her, regardless of the jokes she used to make. Same as when she does ❄, she’s not going to be thinking that the next bump could give her a heart attack or something. Must be so scary to hear the C word and at such a young age, despite the high survival rate. I really hope she makes a quick recovery. I don’t think she should’ve talked about getting sun beds so often back in the day when her audience of young girls was growing rapidly but she was a young girl herself (still is) and she also didn’t push anybody onto the sun bed. Everyone she ‘influenced’ to get them decided for themselves that a nice tan was worth the risk.

Reactions: 14
Very insensitive to say since shes just been diagnosed with cancer.
Don’t think it’s that insensitive, I have very little sympathy for her and hope this gives her the kick up the ass she needs. Very insensitive of her to constantly say, “I don’t care if I get skin cancer i need to be tanned” on her very large public platform. The way she used sunbeds and spoke about using them was so so irresponsible, using sunbeds really rubs me the wrong way as there is literally no need for it and everyone knows how much it increases your chances of skin cancer, doesn’t make sense but it makes me angry that people will be so nonchalant about them whenever so many people can do everything right and still be absolutely ravaged with cancer and people like Olivia are not only disregarding their own health but nearly promoting it to their followers. Anyway moral of the story just bleeping fake tan lol

Reactions: 6
i saw the original tiktok really early and someone in the comments had put something along the lines of this is why the sun is so dangerous, wear sunscreen! and she replied saying something like so true but my type of skin cancer has no known cause like cmon olivia you must realise that developing a rare type of skin cancer is down to your use of sunbeds and not putting sunscreen on ????

Reactions: 29
Anyone else find it wild how she found the lump a couple years ago and didn’t do anything about it

Reactions: 2
been saying it about Olivia for years. for anyone who might be thinking of using sunbeds - just ONE use of a sunbed increases your skin cancer risk by up to 67%. it’s so, so not worth it. sending love to anyone affected, let’s hope she uses this to discourage people from using them in future

Reactions: 22
It’ll be one of those things that she won’t have thought would ever happen to her, regardless of the jokes she used to make. Same as when she does ❄, she’s not going to be thinking that the next bump could give her a heart attack or something. Must be so scary to hear the C word and at such a young age, despite the high survival rate. I really hope she makes a quick recovery. I don’t think she should’ve talked about getting sun beds so often back in the day when her audience of young girls was growing rapidly but she was a young girl herself (still is) and she also didn’t push anybody onto the sun bed. Everyone she ‘influenced’ to get them decided for themselves that a nice tan was worth the risk.
in fairness to her, she did stop talking about her sunbeds at one point, i remember her pointedly ignoring any comment that asked if she had started using sunbeds (back when she used to bother replying at all lol), but she clearly carried on using them. her management probably told her to not talk about them anymore.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.