Olivia Neill #14 She would never pass the bechdel test

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People on here acting like she’s been diagnosed with terminal cancer. At least Olivia seems to know the difference, even if some of you don’t. She literally said herself, it’s not that dramatic.

Reactions: 20
lol u guys are so funny, why would you watch some any girl and decide to copy something so dangerous. you really have to have some level of discernment when watching people on online.

you can't say that you don't feel sympathy for her being diagnosed with CANCER because she promoted sun bed use- with that line of thinking we shouldn't feel sorry for the people she influenced either.

Reactions: 15
People on here acting like she’s been diagnosed with terminal cancer. At least Olivia seems to know the difference, even if some of you don’t. She literally said herself, it’s not that dramatic.
I think if I was diagnosed with cancer, terminal or not id be pretty scared...

Reactions: 20
lol u guys are so funny, why would you watch some any girl and decide to copy something so dangerous. you really have to have some level of discernment when watching people on online.

you can't say that you don't feel sympathy for her being diagnosed with CANCER because she promoted sun bed use- with that line of thinking we shouldn't feel sorry for the people she influenced either.
lmao i was gonna say this. if you saw olivia use sunbeds, and used sunbeds yourself as a result, its still not olivias fault, its yours. at the end of the day, no matter how much she influenced you, you have your own free will, and you chose to get a sunbed. its not like she held you against your will and forced you to get one. maybe you should’ve educated yourself properly about the risks, as olivia should’ve done too.

Reactions: 27
Do you also have no sympathy for people who eat McDonalds, drink alcohol, consume MSG and processed foods, eat a lot of red meat etc.? Sooo much of what we do in our every day lives causes cancer and I guarantee you also partake in an activity which is deemed risky. Compassion costs nothing!
I never said I didn’t have any sympathy for her, I just have very little compared to people who haven’t joked about cancer and I hope this is a wake up call for her. In my opinion those things are completely different to using sunbeds as it’s scientifically proven how much a single use can increase your risk of cancer whereas while eating unhealthy etc obviously isn’t good for you, it’s not like eating 1 McDonald’s increases your risk of getting cancer by 3x or whatever it is. Also sunbeds just annoy me because there is literally no need for them lol like just fake tan? They serve no purpose IMO but anyways I obviously hope she just gets it removed and that’s that, literally nobody is saying here that she deserves cancer and that it wouldn’t be scary to be told that at 21, people love to reachhhh😬 (not aimed you specifically just in general on this thread).

Reactions: 5
I'm so so surprised she even mentioned she has cancer?! She's drawing so much attention to herself when cancer is such a personal subject. She really should have waited to mention it after the surgery and adjuvant treatments and is cancer-free. It's so scary even though it's a cancer with a "very high survival rate". She said it's been there for at least 2 years and that's more than enough time for a cancer to metastasise. And what if she's included in that 1%? I'm so so surprise she's mentioned it and my heart goes out to her. The last thing she needs is people harassing her about doing sunbeams when she's clearly doing her best to cope with the consequences of doing them.

Reactions: 5
Some people need to understand the difference between gossiping about her bad outfit choices or cringy behaviour with her nepo friends and deliberately being negative towards everything she does just because it isn’t a rave thread and you can’t have a nuanced opinion about anyone. People can enjoy her past or present content and express sympathy when something awful happens in her life and simultaneously question choices she’s made over the years without having a finger pointed at them for being a ‘stan’.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I found out I had a tumour 18 months ago (which thankfully eventually turned out not to be cancer!). When I found out I immediately thought about every single thing I'd ever done wrong that could have caused it. I'm sure she blames herself already, whether she says that online or not. When I was in the process of getting a conclusive diagnosis I think it would have completely broken me to have anyone suggest I 'deserved' to have something wrong with me.

I'm not a big Olivia fan but I'm so shocked by the behaviour of some people - no morals or empathy at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
you can dislike the girl for various reasons, but still be sympathetic towards the fact she literally has cancer??
I never said I wasn’t sympathetic but whenever there’s a debate about Olivia on this thread there’s always so many defenders… just pointing it out
---
or maybe people just understand that cancer is horrible .....
I think every single person here understands it’s horrible?

Reactions: 2
“Defenders”?? She’s hardly done anything for us to be defending her for? The majority are just stating that they feel bad for her? I don’t see what’s so wrong with that. As for “Stans” there’s a difference between engaging in a bit of gossip time to time and just being outright insensitive. I’m the first person to have a bit of a laugh and joke about some of the things she does but sadly this won’t be one of them for me, so if that makes me a “stan” then so be it??? When Millie T gave the news that her mum had passed away (I’m aware they aren’t equivalent) everyone on that thread was understanding of the crappy time she was having and didn’t get accused of being “stans” or defenders”, I just don’t think being empathic = die hard supporter???

• Heart
Reactions: 22
“Defenders”?? She’s hardly done anything for us to be defending her for? The majority are just stating that they feel bad for her? I don’t see what’s so wrong with that. As for “Stans” there’s a difference between engaging in a bit of gossip time to time and just being outright insensitive. I’m the first person to have a bit of a laugh and joke about some of the things she does but sadly this won’t be one of them for me, so if that makes me a “stan” then so be it??? When Millie T gave the news that her mum had passed away (I’m aware they aren’t equivalent) everyone on that thread was understanding of the crappy time she was having and didn’t get accused of being “stans” or defenders”, I just don’t think being empathic = die hard supporter???
Again, I’m sure everyone here has sympathy for her, being diagnosed with cancer at any age is horrible no matter who you are, but I think some of us are just annoyed at how blasé she has been in the past with her sunbed use people are allowed to be annoyed by that. Not one person is saying she’s deserved it so I’m unsure as to why everyone is getting so angry? I’ve seen comments deleted off her tik tok in the past of people concerned about her sunbed usage which is odd to delete comments when people are genuinely concerned? And like I said in my post, not regarding this. Whenever things are discussed in this thread about ANY topic, people always defend her so that’s why I made that comment.

Reactions: 7
I heard they are making a one off Christmas special this year - it will be weird to see her returning as Sophie especially after she has played the Queen,

Hopefully she will have made it through the cancer by then.

Doctor here (have graduated since the account was made lol). I just wanted to stop this spread of misinformation and say that Olivia’s type of skin cancer (DFSP) is NOT caused by UV exposure. That is 100% fact. Burns being listed as a risk factor is referring to 1st/2nd/3rd degree burns from touching the oven etc, not sun burn. The gene mutation involved in the cancer is not the kind associated with UV damage. While she didn’t get what causes this cancer quite right, she is right in thinking that her sunbed use had nothing to do with this condition, it is just very bad luck!

Reactions: 38
Again, I’m sure everyone here has sympathy for her, being diagnosed with cancer at any age is horrible no matter who you are, but I think some of us are just annoyed at how blasé she has been in the past with her sunbed use people are allowed to be annoyed by that. Not one person is saying she’s deserved it so I’m unsure as to why everyone is getting so angry? I’ve seen comments deleted off her tik tok in the past of people concerned about her sunbed usage which is odd to delete comments when people are genuinely concerned? And like I said in my post, not regarding this. Whenever things are discussed in this thread about ANY topic, people always defend her so that’s why I made that comment.
Except people have stated in this thread that they have no sympathy 😶

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.