Olivia Bowen #9 Liv’s on mat leave, no remorse, she runs an Instagram for a horse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she looks drunk per say but what’s the need to constantly be having an alcoholic drink whilst you’ve got your baby in your arms. I reckon she only started expressing so she can have a drink honestly 😅
You don’t think she looks drunk in the one with her eyes half shut 🤣 ok

Reactions: 6
To be fair to her, you can drink while breastfeeding… but that is, as it happens, irrelevant given she isn’t breastfeeding, as much as she might want to say she is 😂
Alex just seems so different with Abel, much more content and just has the ‘happy new dad’ feel about him. Olivia… well… I don’t get the same feeling.
Can’t believe they’re in the bloody hot tub on a day like this 🥵 😂

Reactions: 8
To be fair to her, you can drink while breastfeeding… but that is, as it happens, irrelevant given she isn’t breastfeeding, as much as she might want to say she is 😂
Alex just seems so different with Abel, much more content and just has the ‘happy new dad’ feel about him. Olivia… well… I don’t get the same feeling.
Can’t believe they’re in the bloody hot tub on a day like this 🥵 😂
Yes the hot tub? Wtf is that all about ? Leaving the babe in the heat while they get in there!

She's never without a drink 🙄 I don't believe she is even expressing
Yeah I was about to say isn’t it up to 2 drinks before it enters your blood stream and therefore milk? (If I remember rightly I might be wrong) but if she’s not pumping enough before she’s had more than one drink surely alcohol would be in the milk? 🤔 who knows I guess but she’s constantly got a glass in her hand, I swear within a week she was at the pub 🤣

Reactions: 4
Yeah I was about to say isn’t it up to 2 drinks before it enters your blood stream and therefore milk? (If I remember rightly I might be wrong) but if she’s not pumping enough before she’s had more than one drink surely alcohol would be in the milk? 🤔 who knows I guess but she’s constantly got a glass in her hand, I swear within a week she was at the pub 🤣
It takes a while to go into the milk so could feed while having her 1st drink... I've done this and felt so weird having a glass of wine while breastfeeding 😂 but anything more than 1 or 2 she'd need to pump & dump I think? Or wait for it to pass from the milk of it does... I can't remember, I've had about 3 glasses of wine since my daughter was born 10 months ago 😅
But yes, always with a glass in hand.
Can't understand the hot tub on a hot day either, I'd be sweating into the water 🤢 & also spend the whole time worrying about how hot my baby was. Oh well, she best make the most of it before long baby will need a lot more attention & easy naps go down the drain for a while 😂

Reactions: 5
You don’t need to pump and dump unless you’re binging. It’s like a shot in a paddling pool. And I’m talking from experience.
Anyone buying he didn’t lose any of his birth weight?
my first didn’t lose anything. In fact she gained 50% in 4 weeks lol. It does happen. But regardless of all that bollocks she said breastfeeding doesn’t establish till 6 weeks regardless, it’s not just about making sure your baby can feed right but so your milk can regulate too. There’s nothing wrong with pumping but her advise is shocking. She won’t last expressing, you have to be so committed to it and I doubt she’s up pumping during the night.

Reactions: 11
“Wish us luck” … what for staying in a hotel with a newborn baby who doesn’t do much apart from sleep 😂 my heart goes out to you when you take him abroad LOL!

Reactions: 16
You don’t need to pump and dump unless you’re binging. It’s like a shot in a paddling pool. And I’m talking from experience.

my first didn’t lose anything. In fact she gained 50% in 4 weeks lol. It does happen. But regardless of all that bollocks she said breastfeeding doesn’t establish till 6 weeks regardless, it’s not just about making sure your baby can feed right but so your milk can regulate too. There’s nothing wrong with pumping but her advise is shocking. She won’t last expressing, you have to be so committed to it and I doubt she’s up pumping during the night.
Fair enough, couldn't remember as have heard so many things.
That's my point exactly, there's so much more to it than just baby being good on the boob & taking a bottle.
Oversupply is real and can give baby a real hard time if milk becomes imbalanced, plus risk of mastitis etc.
She can do what she wants really but I agree her advice is awful & someone will read it and use it.
Her advice really ought to be to seek advice from a member of your infant feeding team or peer supporters, not a FTM who has only been breastfeeding a few weeks.
I express once a day & dread it, but the pro's for that one bottle outweigh the cons for me 😅 couldn't do it full time, it's sooo much easier to just pop baby on the boob

In all fairness I’ve been drinking most days the last week because of the weather & having bbqs but then again my kid is 13, with a newborn I just couldn’t do it. After not drinking for 9 months & added sleep deprivation I’d be on the floor after 1 shandy 😂

In all fairness I’ve been drinking most days the last week because of the weather & having bbqs but then again my kid is 13, with a newborn I just couldn’t do it. After not drinking for 9 months & added sleep deprivation I’d be on the floor after 1 shandy 😂
My baby is 11 months now but when he was 8 weeks I went to a bottomless Prosecco brunch and I was on the floor after 2!

I’m not a big drinker, but my son is 3 in October and I’ve probably drank less than her in those 3 years. I’m not even exaggerating 😂 one or two of the times I have been drunk, but counting actual occasions where I’ve drank at all, probably about 5?😂

Reactions: 7
I’m not a big drinker, but my son is 3 in October and I’ve probably drank less than her in those 3 years. I’m not even exaggerating 😂 one or two of the times I have been drunk, but counting actual occasions where I’ve drank at all, probably about 5?😂
What worries me with my baby is if something (god forbid) happens overnight or even in the day (with the amount she’s necking!) and baby has to go to hospital or call an ambulance then what worries me is then knowing you’ve had 1 drink, questions get asked! It doesn’t look great especially with how little Abel is. I mean she has Alex home a lot, my husband works long night shifts so I would never touch alcohol if he’s working in case something happens

Reactions: 18
What worries me with my baby is if something (god forbid) happens overnight or even in the day (with the amount she’s necking!) and baby has to go to hospital or call an ambulance then what worries me is then knowing you’ve had 1 drink, questions get asked! It doesn’t look great especially with how little Abel is. I mean she has Alex home a lot, my husband works long night shifts so I would never touch alcohol if he’s working in case something happens
What worries me is putting Abel in bed with her (assuming he's still "getting used to" his cot) when she's had a drink. Yes OK, it may only be 1, but 9 months of not drinking & sleep deprivation as well 😩 maybe I'm just too paranoid 🤷🏻‍♀️ maybe he sleeps in his cot all night.
Dunno, just seems off to me how much she's loving a drink. I'm probably way off because I've been emotional lately & have baby fever 😅

Honestly I think she's having a glass here and there and making out she's drinking more than she is. Only so she can have a whinge about people going on about her drinking.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.