Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Catnmouse

Update on my neighbour - had been mostly avoiding but saw her in the street just now with her kids. Walked past and said "hey!" with a rictus grin. As soon as she was gone dropped the smile and called her a cunt under my breath. Felt good. She can't accuse me of anything now and if she does I am literally never speaking to her again. Twat.

Thanks again everyone for the advice - I definitely have the upper hand, I think. Just going to keep it moving and friendly but will NOT be friends with this person.

I've remembered so many of the red flags as well - she drink drives, she asked me for money when I barely knew her, etc etc...
Just wanted to thank you all again for the truly excellent advice.

I'm in a much better place in life, first and foremost, and I really think being able to rant to strangers helped me an awful lot. What a lovely community Tattle is. Thanks for validating me and making me feel seen and cared for.

Silly neighbour is SO embarrassed to talk to me - despite having a go at me for allegedly 'ignoring' her/giving her a funny look - and pretends to look at her phone every time I go past. I always greet her with a "hi!! Nice to see you!" and carry on walking. She can barely muster "alright?" Considering how confrontational she was over text, she has no such bravery in real life. I can tell she absolutely hates it when I say hello. I think she has also instructed her 7 year old kids not to speak to me which is really pathetic.. they look very confused.

All in all, still very much preferable to having her try to cadge money, involve me in the drama, and generally being an annoying twat.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Jyhy1110

VIP Member
I need some advice on my neighbour, they moved in December, we live in old Victorian terraces so I can hear them cough through the walls 🤣 they initially did some work upstairs on the property but would stop work at 8pm every nighty so were very considerate as I have a 3.5 year old son, I introduced myself and they seem like a nice couple and also have a 3.5 year old son but he has delays so needs extra help, we have since met up with the mum and son and they play etc and I’m grateful to have nice neighbours

This is where the problem is and they are really nice but I don’t know how to approach them on their 4 cats, I have 2 small dogs, both chihuahua size, they built a cattery on the side of their house which is against my garden wall, my dogs are now constantly barking seeing the cats sitting on the wall, being in our garden etc they have the cats litter trays in this cattery (seem pointless to me as the cats can now roam outside freely) and they feed the cats in this cattery aswell it’s just off their back door, it’s wet food aswell, one of the cats sat on the wall and after eating it puked all on the top of the wall, down the wall, and all onto my patio, I text her next door and asked if she knew her cat was poorly as it was sick and she replied no sometimes it eats too quick and throws up, no mention of cleaning it up! She doesn’t clean the litter trays etc daily so now the hot weather is making our small gardens smell like hot cat shit 🤮 the wet food is also outside in the heat and stinks, the garden which I have to pass through to get my bin out down the alley (I am the end terrace so no one passing through) has all these bin bags filled with the litter she has cleaned out but just dumped on the floor as they don’t fit in the bin, I had my bedroom window open the other evening and had to close it due to the smell of the litter trays

we were invited over on the bank holiday Thursday so the kids could play and the house is disgusting on the inside, Iv never known a family to order from just eat near enough everyday or every other, there were Burger King bags on the kitchen side, kfc bag on the floor, she told me she hadn’t washed up yet as the kids weren’t at nursery that afternoon and asked me to bring my own child his own drink from home as they didn’t have an extra cup, she told me they had to de flea the house as the cats now bringing in fleas and she had been confronted at nursery as they thought their little boy had chicken pox there was an outbreak at the time but it wasn’t chicken pox he had been so badly bitten by fleas they thought it was chicken pox!!
I understand a child with some delays is difficult but it shouldn’t make them dirty! She is a very lazy woman and the man goes out to work daily and she just festers in that house all day clearly not doing any housework! The little boy goes to bed every night perfectly fine so can’t understand why she only washes up twice a week in the afternoons when he goes to nursery, she could do it when he goes to bed!
The cats have now brought fleas into my own garden as for the first time in 7 years one of my dogs have caught them, I washed their beds and left them in the garden to dry and she text me a pic whilst I was at work of her cats in the dogs beds I had washed in the garden so they have been binned, I am very houseproud so don’t like the thought of fleas entering my home, I Caught the fleas early and my dogs are now fine
She posted a colouring book for my little boy the other day and I don’t think she has any friends or anything so expects me to see her every week on my days off, I work 3 days a week so then I feel bad that Iv kept cancelling on her as her house gives me anxiety being in there and I don’t like them coming to my home because she turns up at 10am and doesn’t leave until quarter to 5 and doesn’t get the hint I have things to do and my own life

so how would I approach her about her smelly cats and trays etc 😭😭😭

sorry for the long post, I think everyone I work with and my family are sick of hearing about it 🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart

xbxbx

Chatty Member
Oh man I could write a whole book about the issues I’ve had with my neighbours!

I bought my first property over 2 years ago, a 2 bed first floor flat. I was so excited to finally have my own space as this was the first time I’d moved out but that excitement was very short lived. I quickly found out that the estate agent had lied about who lived below me. The garden was completely overgrown and the agent said it was a young, professional guy in a council owned flat and the garden would be maintained by the council once the better weather came in. Turns out it’s a private rent flat and it’s a cunt of a woman that lives there that has no consideration for others.

She constantly plays music at extremely loud volumes. Doesn’t matter if it’s 7am, 2pm or 4am. The same music at the same volume. She has an on/off boyfriend that she has constant fights with that turn pretty violent. I can hear them throw each other against walls, cupboards, doors etc and smash glasses and plates. Their fights have even escalated out onto the main road where they’ve had each other in headlocks, punching, biting and scratching each other. They scream and shout all sorts of names at each other and she’s even accused him of sleeping with underage girls. I don’t have evidence of them being into drugs but their behaviour certainly makes it look likely. All of this also happens in front of her young daughter (which makes her accusations against him VERY worrying).

She’s filthy. Not once have I ever seen her clean her windows and you can clearly see the thick dirt that has built up. She lets rubbish accumulate in her garden and leaves her black bin bags sitting at her front door which is INSIDE the shared close, causing all sorts of nasty smells. She has cats that she lets piss all over the close (how hard is it to throw a bucket of disinfectant over it?). She has meltdowns over god knows what and can be heard screaming and wailing at the top of her voice, to the point where neighbours have gone to check she isn’t injured. She has constant parties, people coming in and out all the time slamming doors behind them, shouting and singing which echos throughout the whole building. The smells of smoke and weed mixed with her own nasty stench linger and somehow makes its way into my flat.

She doesn’t work, if that wasn’t already obvious, so she’s ALWAYS home. I had a spell of about 6 months where I had to work from home and it was near impossible given all of the above. I eventually had to quit that job.

The Council are aware and are doing nothing. The police are aware and are doing nothing. I’ve thought about finding out who her landlord is and going straight to them but at this point there’s so many other factors that are making me want to sell. I put so much money into this place due to the excitement of it being my first property that I don’t have any savings left and am currently still paying off a big loan I used to help with renovations. I’m hoping I can sell within the next couple of years but we’ll see.

• Sad
  • Wow
Demented!!! I’m mid-terrace.. one side is a shop that has been extensively and loudly renovating for the last 4 months from 7am-midnight, every day, every weekend. The other side my neighbour’s non-builder brother has spent the last 2 months knocking through the back of the house to install bi-folding doors. This has been from 10am-11pm, every day, every weekend. Not one of them has had the courtesy to knock and warn me this was starting or apologised for the noise. Both are now thankfully nearly finished… HOWEVER!! Flat above the shop is not owned by them, it is a council and private landlord shared ownership property… they started extensive renovations this weekend, 7am Saturday til 9pm… this is directly next to my bedroom. Again, no warning. I am on the verge of tears. I’ve just found out this will take about a month. That is 5-6 months of my life and expensive private renting where ive had to find somewhere else to work from during the day and spending more money to be out of the house most evenings and weekends. Every single weekend has been ruined. It just feels so bloody unfair, I live alone and none of them hear a peep out of me. I think I’m more annoyed at the lack of courtesy or apology for the disturbance. 2 weeks ago the next door but one neighbour (who deals drugs from his house and beats up his gfriend) tried to evade arrest in my back garden at 7am Sunday morning. By 8am there were 10-12 police surrounding my house and garden before bulldozing in to get him. They got him and promptly left without a single word to me. My lovely garden was trampled and trashed. Am I just fucking unlucky????? Has manners just gone completely out the window these days??! I feel like I’m part of some kind of unfunny BBC prank show

• Sad
  • Heart

MrsFishandChips

Anyone else looking forward to the schools going back and not being subjected to screaming kids seven days a week? I can deal with weekends just about. My neighbour has four kids and they all scream constantly and I’m easily over stimulated and the noise drives me insane

• Haha

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Just looking for opinions, as it’s bugging me. My partner lived in a town where his parents also live, about 30 miles away from my city. His parents live about a 30 second drive from where his house was. He had to move due to the guy he was renting from selling the house he and moving away. I have a massive driving anxiety, I feel comfortable (most of the time) driving to the old location but not his new place, about 15 miles further away, so I’ve been leaving my car on his parent’s street when I visit him on a weekend. He’ll meet me on his parent’s street and we’ll either visit them if they’re in or just go back to his. I’m very cautious not to park in front of someone’s house, though legal, I think it could come off as quite cheeky, so I’ve stuck to parking to the side of houses where there are 3 spaces plus. After spending the new year at my other half’s, I returned to a note left under my front windscreen wiper telling me it was “residents parking only”. This obviously isn’t legally true, but I’m not quite sure what to do now, as I don't want to piss anybody off to the point of damaging my car, but i also don't want to be bullied out of parking where i'm well within my rights to? Absolutely all opinions welcomed.

My advice would be to bit the bullet and drive to his place. the more you do it the easier it will be, avoiding the drive will never make it easier, the reason you feel ok ish driving to the old place is because you did it and then did it again and again.

So that is my advice to take or leave. ❤

gummy-bear

VIP Member
My next door neighbours child is also fucking feral. He’s about 4, screams constantly, tells his mum to fuck off and I often see him throwing rubbish over the fence into our garden. Delightful 😁

• Wow
  • Angry

honey&lemon

VIP Member
We moved house yesterday, away from the noisy neighbours. We keep standing on the doorstep and listening to the silence. My husband heard an owl hooting. It makes a refreshing change from our former nextdoors shouting fuck and cunt every 10 minutes. I’d like to to punish them in some way for affecting my life and mental health so badly. I honestly thought I’d lost the ability to feel happy. I could cry with happiness now. It’s so unfair that someone can affect you in this way.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but if someone wants to buy their council house, perhaps the council ought to ask the neighbours before they are allowed to buy. The woman on the other side moved in and made extensive renovations to her house, she wasn’t there long and now she’s renting it out. She was probably fed up of the swearing and footballs being booted against her fence all day. The man who lives at the back has started keeping the footballs that go in, before the little shits can climb over and get them.
My advice to anyone who has scummy neighbours, if you can move, do it. You won’t realise how much it’s affecting you until you are free of it.
We are the in the same position. Just recently moved to a detached house after years of nightmare neighbours. We’ve moved from a house that was warm & modern and we’d spent a lot on it to a house that is cold, old, and needs a lot of work, but I’m honestly so much happier already. We can fix all those things but I’ve learned that no matter what you try you can’t fix bad neighbours. They just will never understand the impact they have on others

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
We have newish next door neighbours and I didn't realise how nosey she was until last night.

My husband took my car to work yesterday instead if his. When he pulled up on the drive she was out front and asked him why he had my car! Then he replied that he's selling his and didn't want ti put more mileage on it. And she asked why he is selling?!?

Who does that?

• Wow
  • Haha

Leelah

Chatty Member
I hate neighbours. Period. Nosey, noisy horrible little gits who don't have no (interesting) life. The day I don't have to live near any neighbours will be a good day.

xbxbx

Chatty Member
Must be benefit payday, my downstairs neighbour directly below me has come home with her dodgy boyfriend and now have the music blaring, clearly drunk. It’s a Wednesday night ffs🙄. Anyway, I’ve had a full on rant/meltdown about her before a few months back so won’t repeat myself.

It just sucks that the ‘buying my first property’ experience has been ruined for me, all because of my neighbours. I’ll never get to buy my first property again and whenever I look back on it I’m only going to remember how miserable and depressed I was and how much I cried (I am NOT a crier). I’m still a long way off being able to sell this place too so it doesn’t even feel like there’s an end in sight. There isn’t even a guarantee that wherever I end up next will be any better..

Looks like it’s another night of burying my head under the covers with my iPad and noise cancelling earphones. They must’ve missed ‘damaged hearing’ on the missives for this property🙂👍🏼

• Sad
  • Heart

Little Bear

VIP Member
What time would you say is appropriate for a 5 almost 6 year old to go to bed? Every single evening once my baby has gone to bed my next door neighbours kid is running around the house shouting and squealing - it’s 8:45pm right now and she’s screaming and shouting running up and down the stairs. They then bath her around 8:30-9pm and their bathroom is right next to my baby’s bedroom so the running of the bath wakes her up. Then they’ll go for showers about 10:30pm which wakes her up again. It’s probably just because I’ve had almost 11 months of sleep deprivation anyway but it’s really starting to take the piss!

• Sad
  • Wow

Princesst

Chatty Member
I still think all noisy people should only get to live amongst the noisy and all the quiet people can have our peaceful home lives back.
Yes! I couldn’t agree with this more. We had a ridiculously noisy family move into our estate and ruin it. It’s known as a quiet area, mostly for older people or couples. They could have moved to a noisy new build estate down the road for a lot less money and been around people of their own noisy kind. I find though noisy people only like noise when it’s theirs. Like when people are on places like Location Location Location etc and they make comments viewing houses like “oooh it’s lovely and quiet here….. until we move in” and think it’s hilarious to ruin peoples lives. Absolute worst type of inconsiderate people!

• Heart

MrsPoison

VIP Member
I have new neighbors moved in but am used to an empty property for years so don't really know if this is my problem. They smoke constantly in their garden but right next to my house so my house stinks of cigarettes. They are so noisy anyway but now it's summer they are in the garden but they ( is this normal?) Fart, burp and make the most revolting hacking coughing noises and spit all over their garden. They play rave music quite loudly all day outside. They have a motorbike that obviously gets revved endlessly before they go anywhere. But I think the worse thing is the endless clearing of the throat noises that are so loud you can hear them all the time, like a wild animal dying.

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Sad

no-no

VIP Member
I’d love to move because the neighbourhood I live in is fine to drive through but having to walk around it is another matter. Took the dog out at 7am and was saying “this way” when some grown Vicky Pollard ticket took great offence and was all “are yurrr turking tur me?” fucking hell, it’s 7am, and why would I be telling you to come this way 🥴

• Haha
  • Sad

MrsFishandChips

We got out front garden done recently. Our neighbour came out to my partner and asked if he was extending the works across both front gardens. My partner laughed as he thought they were joking. They weren’t 🤣 haven’t spoken to us since

• Haha
  • Wow

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
My neighbour leaves her washing out all night. If it rains overnight then she leaves it out all the next day to dry again. Is this part of some kinda hack that I'm not aware of, or is it a bit manky?

• Sick
  • Haha

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
This weeks cringe from the neighbours
Dad to preteen son “Shut up, you’re ruining my f’ing life”
Preteen son “F off you fat f’ing c*nt”

Is it any wonder I’m moving house 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha

N0s3yr0s3y

VIP Member
Neighbour opposite has twice put mixed recycling and food in my wheelie bin, I only know it’s them cause there was birthday cards in each bag with their name on it (idiots!). I’m mad cause I could get in trouble with the ~bin police~ but I know the family so it’s a bit awkward to confront them. I’ve just flung it outside their house instead though so hopefully they take the hint 😂😤
My friend neighbour over the road told me he saw the bitch a couple doors down putting rubbish in my wheelie bin, she had asked me previously & I agreed as thought it was a one off but she obviously took it as do it when you like cheeky cow. I popped out one day to the shops & realised I forgot my purse so drove home & she was stood on my doorstep, I thought she must be knocking but no she was stood there on her phone using my wifi, she mustve waited until she saw me go out. Free loader 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16