Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel sorry for this lady as she clearly doesn't feel comfortable in her own home anymore. The noises being made are normal family noises and if you live in a non-detached property the neighbours should expect to hear some things.

The neighbours sound like absolute cretins.
This may be controversial but I reckon they are totally unaware of the noise they make (just like my neighbours!!)

Reactions: 4
This is going to come across petty, but 🤷🏼‍♀️
i have an outdoor tap on the side of my outbuilding that is opposite the back of my house. It comes out of the ground and I solve checked with the neighbour on my other side to confirm it was definitely my tap as he’s been there since year dot. The neighbour’s have a small shed that is attached to my outbuilding on the side where the tap is (We are a row of terraces) and they moved in a few months back. I’m not on a water meter, however, I think they have been using my outdoor tap to water their plants (they have quite a few and are growing something in one of those zip up green houses)
And I think the neighbour on the other side of them has been feeding the plants for them while they’ve been on holiday… so I think the neighbour 2 doors down has been using it as well!! I only know this as the tap is turned in the other direction I left it in. I’m out of the house 8.30- 5.30pm, so have no idea when it’s getting used 🙄 I told myself I’d wait until I saw them using it, but if they’re using it while I’m at work, how am I to know?! Am I being ridiculous?
You can buy tap covers with locks :) maybe worth a shot.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This may be controversial but I reckon they are totally unaware of the noise they make (just like my neighbours!!)
The lady nest door is totally unaware of how much noise she makes while always complaining about me. I can hear every word from her TV, while I don't watch TV or listen to the radio. She has her phone on loud speaker while in the garden. But to her its unforgivable I have a little water feature.

There is even a thread on here about people that cant bear other people's noise and how it drives them insane but they also admit their own noise doesn't bother them.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The lady nest door is totally unaware of how much noise she makes while always complaining about me. I can hear every word from her TV, while I don't watch TV or listen to the radio. She has her phone on loud speaker while in the garden. But to her its unforgivable I have a little water feature.

There is even a thread on here about people that cant bear other people's noise and how it drives them insane but they also admit their own noise doesn't bother them.
I live in a terraced house my neighbour to the left leaves her tv blaring even when she’s not home! I only know she’s returned because she slams the doors so hard my whole house shakes! Even the chandeliers 😬

Reactions: 1
I need some advice on my neighbour, they moved in December, we live in old Victorian terraces so I can hear them cough through the walls 🤣 they initially did some work upstairs on the property but would stop work at 8pm every nighty so were very considerate as I have a 3.5 year old son, I introduced myself and they seem like a nice couple and also have a 3.5 year old son but he has delays so needs extra help, we have since met up with the mum and son and they play etc and I’m grateful to have nice neighbours

This is where the problem is and they are really nice but I don’t know how to approach them on their 4 cats, I have 2 small dogs, both chihuahua size, they built a cattery on the side of their house which is against my garden wall, my dogs are now constantly barking seeing the cats sitting on the wall, being in our garden etc they have the cats litter trays in this cattery (seem pointless to me as the cats can now roam outside freely) and they feed the cats in this cattery aswell it’s just off their back door, it’s wet food aswell, one of the cats sat on the wall and after eating it puked all on the top of the wall, down the wall, and all onto my patio, I text her next door and asked if she knew her cat was poorly as it was sick and she replied no sometimes it eats too quick and throws up, no mention of cleaning it up! She doesn’t clean the litter trays etc daily so now the hot weather is making our small gardens smell like hot cat tit 🤮 the wet food is also outside in the heat and stinks, the garden which I have to pass through to get my bin out down the alley (I am the end terrace so no one passing through) has all these bin bags filled with the litter she has cleaned out but just dumped on the floor as they don’t fit in the bin, I had my bedroom window open the other evening and had to close it due to the smell of the litter trays

we were invited over on the bank holiday Thursday so the kids could play and the house is disgusting on the inside, Iv never known a family to order from just eat near enough everyday or every other, there were Burger King bags on the kitchen side, kfc bag on the floor, she told me she hadn’t washed up yet as the kids weren’t at nursery that afternoon and asked me to bring my own child his own drink from home as they didn’t have an extra cup, she told me they had to de flea the house as the cats now bringing in fleas and she had been confronted at nursery as they thought their little boy had chicken pox there was an outbreak at the time but it wasn’t chicken pox he had been so badly bitten by fleas they thought it was chicken pox!!
I understand a child with some delays is difficult but it shouldn’t make them dirty! She is a very lazy woman and the man goes out to work daily and she just festers in that house all day clearly not doing any housework! The little boy goes to bed every night perfectly fine so can’t understand why she only washes up twice a week in the afternoons when he goes to nursery, she could do it when he goes to bed!
The cats have now brought fleas into my own garden as for the first time in 7 years one of my dogs have caught them, I washed their beds and left them in the garden to dry and she text me a pic whilst I was at work of her cats in the dogs beds I had washed in the garden so they have been binned, I am very houseproud so don’t like the thought of fleas entering my home, I Caught the fleas early and my dogs are now fine
She posted a colouring book for my little boy the other day and I don’t think she has any friends or anything so expects me to see her every week on my days off, I work 3 days a week so then I feel bad that Iv kept cancelling on her as her house gives me anxiety being in there and I don’t like them coming to my home because she turns up at 10am and doesn’t leave until quarter to 5 and doesn’t get the hint I have things to do and my own life

so how would I approach her about her smelly cats and trays etc 😭😭😭

sorry for the long post, I think everyone I work with and my family are sick of hearing about it 🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
You can buy tap covers with locks :) maybe worth a shot.
Do you have one? I saw something called lock a tap where it’s plastic with a padlock.
Does it have it's own stopcock? If so , only turn it on when you need it . People used to always help themselves to our outside tap cos it was beside the drive .

I once caught workmen filling up massive buckets , at least the stoners only took a small amount for their bongs on their way to smoke in the bushes.
The stopcock is inside my house. Otherwise I would (don’t want it messing up my boiler 😂). This morning I purposefully left it facing in one direction, and I’ve got an early finish from work and seen it’s moved!!! bleeping cheeky.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Do you have one? I saw something called lock a tap where it’s plastic with a padlock.

The stopcock is inside my house. Otherwise I would (don’t want it messing up my boiler 😂). This morning I purposefully left it facing in one direction, and I’ve got an early finish from work and seen it’s moved!!! bleeping cheeky.
When I was little my parents had a skip outside their house and people kept throwing stuff into it, my grandad rigged up a fake CCTV camera in really obvious view and it totally stopped it, might be worth a try!

When I was little my parents had a skip outside their house and people kept throwing stuff into it, my grandad rigged up a fake CCTV camera in really obvious view and it totally stopped it, might be worth a try!
I know it’s petty, but I feel like getting my old iPhone and propping in in the window upstairs and film all day just to see who uses it. Does anyone know of a way to continuously film on a iPhone without it going to sleep?!

I need some advice on my neighbour, they moved in December, we live in old Victorian terraces so I can hear them cough through the walls 🤣 they initially did some work upstairs on the property but would stop work at 8pm every nighty so were very considerate as I have a 3.5 year old son, I introduced myself and they seem like a nice couple and also have a 3.5 year old son but he has delays so needs extra help, we have since met up with the mum and son and they play etc and I’m grateful to have nice neighbours

This is where the problem is and they are really nice but I don’t know how to approach them on their 4 cats, I have 2 small dogs, both chihuahua size, they built a cattery on the side of their house which is against my garden wall, my dogs are now constantly barking seeing the cats sitting on the wall, being in our garden etc they have the cats litter trays in this cattery (seem pointless to me as the cats can now roam outside freely) and they feed the cats in this cattery aswell it’s just off their back door, it’s wet food aswell, one of the cats sat on the wall and after eating it puked all on the top of the wall, down the wall, and all onto my patio, I text her next door and asked if she knew her cat was poorly as it was sick and she replied no sometimes it eats too quick and throws up, no mention of cleaning it up! She doesn’t clean the litter trays etc daily so now the hot weather is making our small gardens smell like hot cat tit 🤮 the wet food is also outside in the heat and stinks, the garden which I have to pass through to get my bin out down the alley (I am the end terrace so no one passing through) has all these bin bags filled with the litter she has cleaned out but just dumped on the floor as they don’t fit in the bin, I had my bedroom window open the other evening and had to close it due to the smell of the litter trays

we were invited over on the bank holiday Thursday so the kids could play and the house is disgusting on the inside, Iv never known a family to order from just eat near enough everyday or every other, there were Burger King bags on the kitchen side, kfc bag on the floor, she told me she hadn’t washed up yet as the kids weren’t at nursery that afternoon and asked me to bring my own child his own drink from home as they didn’t have an extra cup, she told me they had to de flea the house as the cats now bringing in fleas and she had been confronted at nursery as they thought their little boy had chicken pox there was an outbreak at the time but it wasn’t chicken pox he had been so badly bitten by fleas they thought it was chicken pox!!
I understand a child with some delays is difficult but it shouldn’t make them dirty! She is a very lazy woman and the man goes out to work daily and she just festers in that house all day clearly not doing any housework! The little boy goes to bed every night perfectly fine so can’t understand why she only washes up twice a week in the afternoons when he goes to nursery, she could do it when he goes to bed!
The cats have now brought fleas into my own garden as for the first time in 7 years one of my dogs have caught them, I washed their beds and left them in the garden to dry and she text me a pic whilst I was at work of her cats in the dogs beds I had washed in the garden so they have been binned, I am very houseproud so don’t like the thought of fleas entering my home, I Caught the fleas early and my dogs are now fine
She posted a colouring book for my little boy the other day and I don’t think she has any friends or anything so expects me to see her every week on my days off, I work 3 days a week so then I feel bad that Iv kept cancelling on her as her house gives me anxiety being in there and I don’t like them coming to my home because she turns up at 10am and doesn’t leave until quarter to 5 and doesn’t get the hint I have things to do and my own life

so how would I approach her about her smelly cats and trays etc 😭😭😭

sorry for the long post, I think everyone I work with and my family are sick of hearing about it 🤣🤣
Oh bleeping hell. You’re gonna have to move. Or fake your own death

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I know it’s petty, but I feel like getting my old iPhone and propping in in the window upstairs and film all day just to see who uses it. Does anyone know of a way to continuously film on a iPhone without it going to sleep?!
I honestly do not think it is petty, actually buying real cameras is not expensive now. I boguht one on Amazon with a motion detector for the dark (when my cat went missing) I would do that tbh

I don’t, but I used to buy them for the local authority houses via the developer I work for.

You can get a cheaper off Amazon for about £20 now. They are motion activated. I use mine indoors for the dog, so I don't know if it would work for what you wanted. I think you could leave it recording if you put a memory card in it. I think mine is Tapo brand, just the cheapest one they do.

Oh bleeping hell. You’re gonna have to move. Or fake your own death
Hahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣 Iv owned my house 9 years and got a great staff mortgage with the bank I work at so I’m reluctant to move and typical they bought next door aswell, if house prices hadn’t gone up so much I’d move but the equity etc wouldn’t only get me the same sort of house I’m in now 🤣 plus my house is nice, they are skanks 🤣

Reactions: 3
Hahahahahahaha 🤣🤣🤣 Iv owned my house 9 years and got a great staff mortgage with the bank I work at so I’m reluctant to move and typical they bought next door aswell, if house prices hadn’t gone up so much I’d move but the equity etc wouldn’t only get me the same sort of house I’m in now 🤣 plus my house is nice, they are skanks 🤣
have you spoken to other local neighbours about them?

have you spoken to other local neighbours about them?
I haven’t seen much of the other neighbours as they work etc, it’s only really my garden that faces it, we are typical Victorian terrace so have the kitchens coming off the main part of the house like an L shape so our back doors are opposite eachother with the garden wall separating the gardens, so I’m the only neighbour that faces it, unless the other neighbours see when they bring their bins in from down the alley I don’t know but i can speak to the others

Sadly its normal for some. Sometimes its a blessing we have tit weather most of the year
So true, my neighbours are out making noise at the first ray of sun and it lasts all summer. I’m sometimes grateful for the tit weather for some respite. Hardly see them (although still hear them banging about) in winter.

My NFH was acting really creepy last night. I started to water my plants around 8pm yesterday. she wasnt in the garden but must have come home while I was in the garden and opened her door quietly (not like her)

Anyway could hear this really creepy humming like you see in a horror film when the actor turns round and a child is sitting on a swing humming and grinning.

I looked and see her door was open and she was on the other side of our shared fence right close doing this creepy humming. WTF.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Demented!!! I’m mid-terrace.. one side is a shop that has been extensively and loudly renovating for the last 4 months from 7am-midnight, every day, every weekend. The other side my neighbour’s non-builder brother has spent the last 2 months knocking through the back of the house to install bi-folding doors. This has been from 10am-11pm, every day, every weekend. Not one of them has had the courtesy to knock and warn me this was starting or apologised for the noise. Both are now thankfully nearly finished… HOWEVER!! Flat above the shop is not owned by them, it is a council and private landlord shared ownership property… they started extensive renovations this weekend, 7am Saturday til 9pm… this is directly next to my bedroom. Again, no warning. I am on the verge of tears. I’ve just found out this will take about a month. That is 5-6 months of my life and expensive private renting where ive had to find somewhere else to work from during the day and spending more money to be out of the house most evenings and weekends. Every single weekend has been ruined. It just feels so bloody unfair, I live alone and none of them hear a peep out of me. I think I’m more annoyed at the lack of courtesy or apology for the disturbance. 2 weeks ago the next door but one neighbour (who deals drugs from his house and beats up his gfriend) tried to evade arrest in my back garden at 7am Sunday morning. By 8am there were 10-12 police surrounding my house and garden before bulldozing in to get him. They got him and promptly left without a single word to me. My lovely garden was trampled and trashed. Am I just bleeping unlucky????? Has manners just gone completely out the window these days??! I feel like I’m part of some kind of unfunny BBC prank show

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Demented!!! I’m mid-terrace.. one side is a shop that has been extensively and loudly renovating for the last 4 months from 7am-midnight, every day, every weekend. The other side my neighbour’s non-builder brother has spent the last 2 months knocking through the back of the house to install bi-folding doors. This has been from 10am-11pm, every day, every weekend. Not one of them has had the courtesy to knock and warn me this was starting or apologised for the noise. Both are now thankfully nearly finished… HOWEVER!! Flat above the shop is not owned by them, it is a council and private landlord shared ownership property… they started extensive renovations this weekend, 7am Saturday til 9pm… this is directly next to my bedroom. Again, no warning. I am on the verge of tears. I’ve just found out this will take about a month. That is 5-6 months of my life and expensive private renting where ive had to find somewhere else to work from during the day and spending more money to be out of the house most evenings and weekends. Every single weekend has been ruined. It just feels so bloody unfair, I live alone and none of them hear a peep out of me. I think I’m more annoyed at the lack of courtesy or apology for the disturbance. 2 weeks ago the next door but one neighbour (who deals drugs from his house and beats up his gfriend) tried to evade arrest in my back garden at 7am Sunday morning. By 8am there were 10-12 police surrounding my house and garden before bulldozing in to get him. They got him and promptly left without a single word to me. My lovely garden was trampled and trashed. Am I just bleeping unlucky????? Has manners just gone completely out the window these days??! I feel like I’m part of some kind of unfunny BBC prank show
That sounds awful and would do my head in, if you’re renting have you thought about giving notice and renting somewhere else? Not sure if the current financial situation if your able to do that, if not could you possibly send a little note or letter to each neighbour? If you don’t want to see them face to face and explain you’ve had to work elsewhere due to the noise etc? That’s so rude of them to not even have the courtesy to say they will be doing work

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel for you.

People can't just carry out extensive building work that goes on until midnight. Permitted hours are usually 8am - 6pm and 8am to 1pm at weekends (I think). You can record the noise and complain them to the council for noise disturbance. I'm in Ireland and that's how it works here at least. You shouldn't have to live like this!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.