Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Old thread

Someone from housing came yesterday to try to explain the mess that has been the last year. Turns out my neighbour from hell has reported even those trying to help and defuse the situation. She isn't in their good books.

She has also taken to stalking my friend and carer, who has had to get the police involved, sadly that cannot be used by housing for my situation.

Housing should take more responsibility for rehoming people. Something needs to be done to protect good tenants. not just move them on to create more problems.

I get some have mental health problems, but that still does not give them the right to make other people's lives miserable.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
What time would you say is appropriate for a 5 almost 6 year old to go to bed? Every single evening once my baby has gone to bed my next door neighbours kid is running around the house shouting and squealing - it’s 8:45pm right now and she’s screaming and shouting running up and down the stairs. They then bath her around 8:30-9pm and their bathroom is right next to my baby’s bedroom so the running of the bath wakes her up. Then they’ll go for showers about 10:30pm which wakes her up again. It’s probably just because I’ve had almost 11 months of sleep deprivation anyway but it’s really starting to take the piss!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
What time would you say is appropriate for a 5 almost 6 year old to go to bed? Every single evening once my baby has gone to bed my next door neighbours kid is running around the house shouting and squealing - it’s 8:45pm right now and she’s screaming and shouting running up and down the stairs. They then bath her around 8:30-9pm and their bathroom is right next to my baby’s bedroom so the running of the bath wakes her up. Then they’ll go for showers about 10:30pm which wakes her up again. It’s probably just because I’ve had almost 11 months of sleep deprivation anyway but it’s really starting to take the piss!
I don't have children yet but when I would babysit my nieces and nephews my sisters wanted baths to be done by 7pm. Age 5-6 I would reckon 8pm. However, they had to be up and out the house for 6:30am for nursery at 7am as my sisters started work early.
The kids round our end play out until gone 10pm some nights.

Reactions: 4
I don't have children yet but when I would babysit my nieces and nephews my sisters wanted baths to be done by 7pm. Age 5-6 I would reckon 8pm. However, they had to be up and out the house for 6:30am for nursery at 7am as my sisters started work early.
The kids round our end play out until gone 10pm some nights.
It’s complete madness and I feel old saying it but in my day I was in bed for 7pm at that age🙈 my dad would get in from work and mum would go off to work for 6pm we would watch an episode of the Simpson’s, bath then bed by 7!

Reactions: 8
Jeez! I have 4 ranging 10-1 but they're all in bed by 7.30, older ones read/quiet time and little ones story and bed. So important for children to have decent sleep for school and general well-being! Bless you with having to deal with that 🙈

Reactions: 10
Jeez! I have 4 ranging 10-1 but they're all in bed by 7.30, older ones read/quiet time and little ones story and bed. So important for children to have decent sleep for school and general well-being! Bless you with having to deal with that 🙈
I just think it’s complete madness, she’s always fast asleep in the car home from school and there’s no wonder! Last night was an exceptionally loud one but there is noise late every single night.

Reactions: 3
I just think it’s complete madness, she’s always fast asleep in the car home from school and there’s no wonder! Last night was an exceptionally loud one but there is noise late every single night.
I can agree with your point but is it a deliberate part on your neighbour or is the child not going to bed when told?
The reason i ask is that I’m a single mum of 2. Aged 4 and 7. The eldest isnt too bad but they are both difficult at bedtime. They sleep great but getting them to settle is an absolute nightmare. We have a lovely routine, but as soon as nightime kisses are done etc, they decide it’s time to misbehave. I’ve tried everything to get them to settle properly at night but it ends up with me screaming and crying with exhaustion

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I can agree with your point but is it a deliberate part on your neighbour or is the child not going to bed when told?
The reason i ask is that I’m a single mum of 2. Aged 4 and 7. The eldest isnt too bad but they are both difficult at bedtime. They sleep great but getting them to settle is an absolute nightmare. We have a lovely routine, but as soon as nightime kisses are done etc, they decide it’s time to misbehave. I’ve tried everything to get them to settle properly at night but it ends up with me screaming and crying with exhaustion
No it’s deliberate on their part they just don’t do her bed time until that late every night. She’ll be in the garden until god knows what time in and out of her swimming pool and they’re there with her just have a bbq or something. That night in particular the dad was the one playing with her making her scream and squeal. It’s not loud because she’s being told to go to bed and is protesting.

Reactions: 1
No it’s deliberate on their part they just don’t do her bed time until that late every night. She’ll be in the garden until god knows what time in and out of her swimming pool and they’re there with her just have a bbq or something. That night in particular the dad was the one playing with her making her scream and squeal. It’s not loud because she’s being told to go to bed and is protesting.
I never used to put my son to bed early as he just didn’t need much sleep, I am the same so he went at 9pm from being quite young in the hope he would stay asleep until 5.30am. I never let him scream and disturb people but he did play in the garden if I was outside and I did run baths at 8.30 for him.

Reactions: 10
I never used to put my son to bed early as he just didn’t need much sleep, I am the same so he went at 9pm from being quite young in the hope he would stay asleep until 5.30am. I never let him scream and disturb people but he did play in the garden if I was outside and I did run baths at 8.30 for him.
I think the thing is though they know how thin the walls are as even just going about normal day to day you can hear everything between our houses. They also know I have a baby who wakes at the drop of a pin. I suppose they just don’t care 🤷🏻‍♀️

Fair enough. In that case it’s not fair on you. I am the first to ask the kids to be quiet early in the morning and late at night

Just watched one of my neighbours (retired, curtain-twitcher) walk down the street and get the weeds out of another neighbour's area of pavement. Obviously must've been bothering her for some time. I've heard her moan about weeds before ... she'll be weeding my driveway before long ... with any luck :LOL:🤞
Seriously though, wouldn't have the cheek. They weren't even that big.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
7p.m for a little one of 5/6 and I'd read them a story or something for a bit. If I was you I'd buy some soundproofing boards off the internet and nail them to the adjoining wall for some peace. They wont change their ways and why should you suffer, You can just take them off when you leave.x No bother. I used to have this with a teen next door who was playing war games on the Xbox and screaming through the microphone in the night. x. Next door soundproofed the room.

Reactions: 2
7p.m for a little one of 5/6 and I'd read them a story or something for a bit. If I was you I'd buy some soundproofing boards off the internet and nail them to the adjoining wall for some peace. They wont change their ways and why should you suffer, You can just take them off when you leave.x No bother. I used to have this with a teen next door who was playing war games on the Xbox and screaming through the microphone in the night. x. Next door soundproofed the room.
My partner was looking at sound proofing so I will defo tell him to have another look! It’s horrible because we do like our neighbours so it makes it so awkward. Plus we don’t want to be like ‘you shouldn’t parents like this’.

Why didnt they just tell him not to scream like an idiot? Lol
I’d take it off my son if he was behaving like an animal.

The original poster should try a white noise machine, it’s honestly saved my sanity.

Reactions: 2
Next door have done my head in since I moved in almost 11 years ago. First of all it was their kids screeching and screaming at all hours of the night and in the middle of the night, then the screaming and shouting and hoovering at 6am. The parents are the same though they shout and scream, they are just bizarre, the husband was in the house on his own one day and woke me up from a nightshift actually screaming the house down swearing and banging things, he would go into the garden and bash something in ager come back in and scream again. Literally the whole family is like this. Now they have gotten 3 new huskies(who obviously like to howl) and its all I hear from around 6am and when the family go out the dogs go upstairs and continuously bark and howl.
Its all made worse because they have laminate flooring all throughout so every single sound is amplified, each night im hearing doors slam and things rolling around the floors until gone 2am. When im waking up at 5 for work or come home at 11pm i try to be so quiet but they just have no regard for anyone. The screaming and behavior is just odd to me, they will scream and repeat things like ten times like "cmere, cmere,cmere,cmere...." and so on. Whole family is weird as hell.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Please tell me all your nightmare neighbours stories. Might make me feel better about my own absolutely horrific neighbours! We are currently battling over bloody parking! They have 9 vehicles (they run their maintenance business from home) they only ever use 2 at a time but move all the rest every single morning so theres not enough room to park between them just so they can park when they get home if they move all the vans up again. Its driving me mad, the other day the left a space so i parked there and they then decided to completely block me in and send threatening letters through my door telling me to move it. I couldnt of moved it if i wanted to as they were on both bumpers.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
We don't know her real name, but we've got Nellie next door. We've named her after the elephant except a real elephant would probably be less noisy.

She can't seem to just walk around the house. It's 'STOMP, STOMP, STOPM, STOMP, STOMP'.
She's come home numerous times at 2am and I swear she's started moving furniture around the bedroom.
That would be the bedroom that backs onto ours.
She's in there right now and has who I think are her nieces and nephews in, and they definitely take after their aunt because at the moment it sounds as though there's a warzone next door.

She's renting and I can't bloody wait until she moves out.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
We don't know her real name, but we've got Nellie next door. We've named her after the elephant except a real elephant would probably be less noisy.

She can't seem to just walk around the house. It's 'STOMP, STOMP, STOPM, STOMP, STOMP'.
She's come home numerous times at 2am and I swear she's started moving furniture around the bedroom.
That would be the bedroom that backs onto ours.
She's in there right now and has who I think are her nieces and nephews in, and they definitely take after their aunt because at the moment it sounds as though there's a warzone next door.

She's renting and I can't bloody wait until she moves out.
Oh no, noisy neighbours drive me mad. Its causing me so much stress with everything going on we have actually decided now we are putting our house on the market. Which upsets up so much because i love my home.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
a couple of threads

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.