Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I've recently had this with both neighbours, both smoking a lot 6+ hours constantly to the point it was coming through vents when my windows was shut.

One side couldnt apologised enough, they didn't realise it was that bad and now I don't smell it.

Other side though, asked nicely and was laughed at, would purposely start when my kids were playing outside. So after a month of constant asking to stop. Police come and had a word multiple times. They listened up until yesterday afternoon. Kids playing in the garden and they come out again, so I squirted them with the hose and gave them a few 'kind' words. 🤣 They said sorry and haven't smelt it since!
Overheard them earlier talking about how bad the smell must be for the neighbours as they’d been smoking for so long 🤦🏻‍♀️
We’ve never spoken as they’re on a different road, “hi we’re your rear neighbours, your drugs make our garden smell” seems like a great introduction

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
This is an absolutely terrible judgement i think.
The police told me i "couldnt" have a ring door bell. Said it was illegal and infringed on my neighbours.

I still have a ring doorbell.
For 1 he was wrong. Its not illegal
For 2 these things come with proximity settings which most normal ppl chop down to JUST their property or it would be forever going off

I dunno about listening into conversations because even AT the front door you can barely make out a word of it!

We got that and other cameras (which do the same thing) due to attempted shed breakins. The police do nothing about that either then have a gl at you like youre in the wrong.

My front garden is about 3 car lengths long so if i put it on live view i can see if a car is parked on the road but not much else 🤷🏻‍♀️
You can easily hear a conversation with ring and CCTV I now have CCTV and can hear the smallest noise My friend has a ring and can hear people across the road chatting, Maybe you can hear more distant conversations than close up? Also the case isn't what it seems its about storing the footage I didn't read it but someone else said about it on FB.

JOHN1967

VIP Member
We moved just before Christmas but where we used to live, we could hear the couple next door all the time, going up & down the stairs, arguments now and again. Heard them in the bedroom sometimes but that is also how we found out the woman was cheating on her boyfriend. One night I saw the boyfriend leave for work (night shift) but about an hour later I heard her in the bedroom so thought that was odd.

Couple of days later I saw a guy come over to the house while her bf was at work and heard her in the bedroom again 🤢
Yay you have a ******* living next door.

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
Sounds exactly like mine! She stopped coming out every time I went into the garden and I thought maybe had enough of my boring self. But then I was putting up a hanging basket and see the ring cam pointing directly at me. Didn't think too much of it as didn't know what it was then my friend said she has one and can hear people chatting across the road.. So I got the water feature and now she is back to coming outside every time I go outside.. So Im hoping the water is blocking the voices
I completely sympathise. I hate that I have to watch what I'm saying on my own property. I can't have a water feature at that side of my house, unfortunately, but I'm hoping my shrubs and a small fence are blocking some audio.