Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh right I see! Quite unreal that her house is that bad given she’s a cleaner.
I know it’s laughable isn’t it, the poor kid looks anaemic, covered in flea bites and has a constant cough I think it’s from all the dust and cat hair, she invited me over and I said no I had plans and purposely had to leave my house so she knew I went out 🤣 I didn’t have any plans but I cannot go in that house it’s minging

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I know it’s laughable isn’t it, the poor kid looks anaemic, covered in flea bites and has a constant cough I think it’s from all the dust and cat hair, she invited me over and I said no I had plans and purposely had to leave my house so she knew I went out 🤣 I didn’t have any plans but I cannot go in that house it’s minging
Poor kid. Hope he’s OK. Shocked the father is allowing his child to live there.

Just found this thread and so glad I have somewhere I can finally vent my frustrations 😂 I swear my walls are made from paper because I can hear my neighbours love making sessions every bleeping night 🥴 every moan, groan and bed creek. At first it was amusing, but now it’s just annoying. I can hear the head board bang off my wall too and it’s like a slow round of applause 🙄 the only saving grace is that he only lasts about 2 minutes every time 😂 and she squeals like a bleeping pig 🐷

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just found this thread and so glad I have somewhere I can finally vent my frustrations 😂 I swear my walls are made from paper because I can hear my neighbours love making sessions every bleeping night 🥴 every moan, groan and bed creek. At first it was amusing, but now it’s just annoying. I can hear the head board bang off my wall too and it’s like a slow round of applause 🙄 the only saving grace is that he only lasts about 2 minutes every time 😂 and she squeals like a bleeping pig 🐷
Blargh. I used to have neighbours like that. It was rotten.

Reactions: 2
So. This morning I possibly saved a child's life but put my own family in danger, I'm so conflicted and scared. There was a baby not even 2 roaming the roads bare foot, no nappy and soiled clothes. I tried the house where I thought he may be from shouted and knocked no answer.
So I waited about 20 mins and rang the police. In the mean time another neighbor came out and said omg you know who that kids father is and told me.

He is a dangerous criminal who has no problem knocking down people's doors and hospitalizing them.

Now I am terrified of what is to come. And my husband will be furious I got involved but the child was in harm's way and could of being killed as we are close to a main road.

The police parked in my driveway and said I could may an anonymous complaint and I said you just parked in my drive it's very obvious.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
So. This morning I possibly saved a child's life but put my own family in danger, I'm so conflicted and scared. There was a baby not even 2 roaming the roads bare foot, no nappy and soiled clothes. I tried the house where I thought he may be from shouted and knocked no answer.
So I waited about 20 mins and rang the police. In the mean time another neighbor came out and said omg you know who that kids father is and told me.

He is a dangerous criminal who has no problem knocking down people's doors and hospitalizing them.

Now I am terrified of what is to come. And my husband will be furious I got involved but the child was in harm's way and could of being killed as we are close to a main road.

The police parked in my driveway and said I could may an anonymous complaint and I said you just parked in my drive it's very obvious.
You did the right thing a wonderful thing, If the father or family say anything it should be thank you as anything could have happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Honey I hope for the best for you and I hope you’re just blowing it out of proportion a little bit. You did a great thing. You saved a child. X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We have newish next door neighbours and I didn't realise how nosey she was until last night.

My husband took my car to work yesterday instead if his. When he pulled up on the drive she was out front and asked him why he had my car! Then he replied that he's selling his and didn't want ti put more mileage on it. And she asked why he is selling?!?

Who does that?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
We have newish next door neighbours and I didn't realise how nosey she was until last night.

My husband took my car to work yesterday instead if his. When he pulled up on the drive she was out front and asked him why he had my car! Then he replied that he's selling his and didn't want ti put more mileage on it. And she asked why he is selling?!?

Who does that?

When you live close to other people you slowly realise how pathetic some peoples lives are. We have a neighbour like that - watches every single thing we do and you know they are pondering why you left at 8am rather than 9am etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
New-ish neighbours have started ignoring me. 🤷🏼‍♀️ A bit awkward as we’re terrace houses and all share a back courtyard. Let myself in from work and my neighbour had his back to me and was chatting to his neighbour on the other side through their fence. The lady on the other side of the fence said hello to my, but he didn’t even turn around. Rude.

I think a neighbour further down has been meddling and tit stirring. Or perhaps I’m being paranoid. 😂

Reactions: 1
I hate neighbours. Period. Nosey, noisy horrible little gits who don't have no (interesting) life. The day I don't have to live near any neighbours will be a good day.

Reactions: 17

Who does that?
Husband needs to be more creative. 😁 He should have looked all around furtively, beckoned her a bit nearer and uttered something like this 😁🤣.

It would keep her wondering for weeks.

1B10C62A-9DDD-48F3-83C5-294E7E92B6ED.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone ever had to negotiate/deal with communal, shared areas with neighbours where responsibility for cleaning/upkeep should be split equally amongst residents?

This has been "an issue" for the 10 years we've lived in our flat and is now becoming increasingly problematic.

I'm so confrontation-averse and I just don't know where to start - success stories and tips would be great, but horror stories might just make me feel better 😂

So I’m on holiday. I have a security camera on my house. Someone has taken it upon themselves to park on my drive. What the actual duck? They’ve been there overnight. Loads of parking elsewhere on the estate. Guess people can’t be arsed to walk.

• Wow
Reactions: 12

You saved that baby from what could have been a horrible accident. The police can be so unaware sometimes. Keep your doors locked and if he comes round, talk to him from an upstairs window to keep some space. If he kicks off, call 999 and keep a baseball bat in your house.
I know it sounds extreme but I’ve dealt with loons like him. A lot of the time they have a way bigger beef with the people they are harrassing than just picking up their kid off the street.
Fingers crossed for you ❤

Reactions: 6

The police can be bloody useless at times. We had something similar when we reported a break in. Didnt want to say who we were for fear of repercussions as it was a neighbour going over his back fence breaking into backing on neighbours sheds and houses.
Police must be able to track by our number from previous calls or something because 20 mins later they knocked on our door to ask if the culprit was still there... 🙄🙄🙄🙄
He was and he got arrested but god knows if they know its us!

So I’m on holiday. I have a security camera on my house. Someone has taken it upon themselves to park on my drive. What the actual duck? They’ve been there overnight. Loads of parking elsewhere on the estate. Guess people can’t be arsed to walk.
Do you know anyone local who could go and put a note on the windscreen stating that they are parked on private property and are trespassing so must remove their vehicle?

Unfortunately it is not illegal to park on someone’s drive so the police won’t be interested. It’s a civil not a criminal matter. Ludicrous!

You have done the right thing! If that child had been knocked down or worse, you would have that guilt that you could have done something. Sounds like social need to be involved with this scummy sounding dad.

Reactions: 4
Do you know anyone local who could go and put a note on the windscreen stating that they are parked on private property and are trespassing so must remove their vehicle?

Unfortunately it is not illegal to park on someone’s drive so the police won’t be interested. It’s a civil not a criminal matter. Ludicrous!
Sadly not :(

They did leave but now they’re back. I think they’re going to my neighbours house but I can’t see as my camera only covers the drive and part of the front garden.

Shocking isn’t it! It will be a criminal matter if it’s still there when I get home as the window will be smashed and the hand brake released 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.