Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
If you lived in an old terrace house and you were having a new roof put on… you would have the decency to warn your neighbour’s on either side, wouldn’t you, before the work was done? Came home from work and there’s scaffolding at the front and back… fair enough. Then yesterday morning, the scaffolders came and put a ladder diagonally across my front door to climd onto the scaffolding and they’ve knocked over my plant pots!! Fuck me. Manners cost nothing.
Oh, and they should have actually asked me if I was ok with them putting on a new roof on as they have to take some of my tiles off when they join them. Dicks.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

Merpedy

VIP Member
Came back to catch our neighbour peeping through a hole to watch the other neighbour's barbecue 😬 awks

• Haha
  • Wow

Crbif

Please tell me all your nightmare neighbours stories. Might make me feel better about my own absolutely horrific neighbours! We are currently battling over bloody parking! They have 9 vehicles (they run their maintenance business from home) they only ever use 2 at a time but move all the rest every single morning so theres not enough room to park between them just so they can park when they get home if they move all the vans up again. Its driving me mad, the other day the left a space so i parked there and they then decided to completely block me in and send threatening letters through my door telling me to move it. I couldnt of moved it if i wanted to as they were on both bumpers.

• Wow

Hollie Day

VIP Member
What's gets me is the way local authorities seem to tip toe around anti-social neighbours and complaints relating to them.

We had new neighbours move in next door and they overhauled the tatty overgrown front garden. Cut everything back, relaid a new lawn, replaced the crumbling brick wall and added a new gate. It looked fabulous yet within days of completion someone from the council turned up with a clip board and pen saying they should have asked permission for this, that and the other.
Yet near where my sister lives there's a house with an old stained mattress that's been slung in the front garden and its covered in empty beer cans and used nappies and in spite of complaints to the council it's still there three months later.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Hendrix

We got new people on our street a few months ago.

A few weeks ago we heard shouting and looked out and the woman was arguing with someone in her garden. This went on for ages and all the kids were outside listening to it. She was also arguing with the woman next door to her who was holding her young child and she got right up in her face screaming.

Last night heard more shouting and she was standing at her door screaming at a guy and she said ‘why did your mrs have her baby early? Cause you gave her the clap!’ Then proceeded to clap 🤣🤣 it then went quiet for about 5 minutes then the guy reappeared in a car and she came out filming him and the next thing she bolted back into her house and slammed the door, he was right at the back of her and booted the door twice. He then went to pick up a rock to smash the window but whoever was in the car told him to stop. She was standing at the window giving abuse and winding him up. He then left in the car and shortly after the police arrived. I just hope the police don’t take her side cause the abuse she was shouting at him was ridiculous and she was proper provoking him.

• Wow
  • Haha

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Update on my house move for anyone interested.
We sold our old house to a company that buys and sells them on. We got less for it than we would in the open market (or so we thought)
It appeared on Rightmove a couple of weeks ago at the highest price our previous bidders had put in then dropped out. No way was it going to sell for that, we had been watching the prices in our town drop for a while.
Our old house has now been reduced by a whole 15K in one go ! They are now asking about 5K more than we sold it to the company for. No idea how they make money from this, or maybe they are just shit at judging the market.
I drove past today for the first time since we moved out. The noisy scruff bags nextdoor have got even more black bags full of crap that they can’t be arsed to take to the tip in their front garden.
I would gloat, but pride comes before a fall, so I’m being magnanimous 😁

• Heart

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
We are the in the same position. Just recently moved to a detached house after years of nightmare neighbours. We’ve moved from a house that was warm & modern and we’d spent a lot on it to a house that is cold, old, and needs a lot of work, but I’m honestly so much happier already. We can fix all those things but I’ve learned that no matter what you try you can’t fix bad neighbours. They just will never understand the impact they have on others
We had spent a lot on ours as well. It had belonged to an old man and needed doing up. Our new house is a new build. I’m currently sat in the living room watching a light aircraft from the airfield at the back. It’s doing some very impressive acrobatics.
Life is too short to spend it trapped in a miserable situation.
Best of luck in your new home !

• Heart

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
My neighbours are still obsessed with my garden. They believe they own a part of it - it has been proven that they don’t, but they don’t believe their own solicitor nor mine. What irritating things can I put in this part of the garden? I’m not adverse to silly signs as long as they’re within the law 😉

Have you considered
article-2176583-1424FBF0000005DC-440_306x462.jpg

• Haha

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Next door have done my head in since I moved in almost 11 years ago. First of all it was their kids screeching and screaming at all hours of the night and in the middle of the night, then the screaming and shouting and hoovering at 6am. The parents are the same though they shout and scream, they are just bizarre, the husband was in the house on his own one day and woke me up from a nightshift actually screaming the house down swearing and banging things, he would go into the garden and bash something in ager come back in and scream again. Literally the whole family is like this. Now they have gotten 3 new huskies(who obviously like to howl) and its all I hear from around 6am and when the family go out the dogs go upstairs and continuously bark and howl.
Its all made worse because they have laminate flooring all throughout so every single sound is amplified, each night im hearing doors slam and things rolling around the floors until gone 2am. When im waking up at 5 for work or come home at 11pm i try to be so quiet but they just have no regard for anyone. The screaming and behavior is just odd to me, they will scream and repeat things like ten times like "cmere, cmere,cmere,cmere...." and so on. Whole family is weird as hell.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Guess what "her next door" has gone and bought ....

A water feature,

Yes, a water feature that she can't bear the sound of because it drives her to distraction enough to complain about mine to housing and the local council

Honestly, she is bat shit crazy. The good thing is, I don't need to put mine on now and will save my electricity I only put mine on to block out her TV and loudspeaker phone calls,

• Haha
  • Wow

Devondoll

Chatty Member
Mine asked me in the middle of the street why my husband doesn't get a vasectomy if we don't want more children 🤷🏼‍♀️ I've never said we don't want more and I'm not sure where that comment came from as it was so random 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha

Noseybatch

VIP Member
So. This morning I possibly saved a child's life but put my own family in danger, I'm so conflicted and scared. There was a baby not even 2 roaming the roads bare foot, no nappy and soiled clothes. I tried the house where I thought he may be from shouted and knocked no answer.
So I waited about 20 mins and rang the police. In the mean time another neighbor came out and said omg you know who that kids father is and told me.

He is a dangerous criminal who has no problem knocking down people's doors and hospitalizing them.

Now I am terrified of what is to come. And my husband will be furious I got involved but the child was in harm's way and could of being killed as we are close to a main road.

The police parked in my driveway and said I could may an anonymous complaint and I said you just parked in my drive it's very obvious.

• Wow
  • Sad

Bolus

We live in a terraced house with a 4m high stone wall about 10m from the back of our house. We have a patio, and the house above has their back yard on the other side of the stone wall which has a row of latticework stones on top (with small gaps in). The house above is rented out. They can see over the wall because the ground level of their yard is higher.

Last summer I noticed a small square black object wedged into the latticework, but couldn’t see clearly what it was until I got a pair of binoculars out and realised it was a webcam. It was facing down at the back windows of our house. Wife was shitting bricks. I felt instantly enraged but thought well I’ll test it and see. I got a long pole and pushed the camera back and it fell down into their side. The next day it was back up. There was no reason for it to be there except to film our yard.
I asked my BIL who is in the police what we could do. He said better to just deal with it alone since it’s hard to prove any wrongdoing. So, I got up there on a ladder, grabbed the camera down and basically crushed it with a hammer and tossed it in the rubbish. About a week later another one appeared. So this time we put up a sign directly opposite which spelt out what we would do if they didn’t take it down.
The camera disappeared but it wasn’t until a couple of months later that I ran into a bloke who lives on that street and I asked about who lives in the house above. Glad I didn’t confront them, the guy apparently has a rep for being a pervert so at least we now know to keep the curtains shut. I did write to the landlord though who lives in another country and told them what happened so they can decide whether to renew that lease. With property in high demand I figure it’s only a matter of time until pervert gets booted out.

• Wow
  • Angry

pepe le pew

VIP Member
One of my friends, who died a few years ago had a terrible neighbour experience. Her and her partner who was a fireman who worked shift bought an ex council house. They had viewed the house and fell in love with it. They knew a family lived next door amd thought noth8ng of it as they themselves were trying for a baby. The problems started almost immediately. The woman who lived next door in a council house had six children, three were 18 and over. The youngest three were just feral. No dinner times or bedtime. They played in the street, usually breaking something, or stealing cars. The police were constant visitors to the house. The front garden suddenly become a place for wrecked cars and car repairs, going long into the night with outside drinking snd weed smoking. The woman of the house declared my friend to be a ‘snob’ because she wouldn’t chat long or let her come into her house. She was drunk most days and had developed a habit of knock8ng my friends door and ask8ng for bits of money, strange amounts like £2.50, never more than £3. After about the twentieth time of asking, getting amd not replaying my friend put her foot down and told her never to ask again. The woman wen5 ballistic and accused her of trying to starve her children by refusing her the price of some potatoes. She wasn’t buying potatoes, her dealer sold her read6 made spliffs for a quid each.
After that their house was under siege. Day and night. Banging on inside walls calling her and her husband names. Every time they left the house there would be smashed eggs, ketchup, all sorts squirted on doors and windows. The car was vandalised so often they sold it and her husband took a bus to work. It was 24/7 harassment. The three elder sons sexually harassed my friend. She contacted the police and co7ncil. The council sent a warning letter to the woman but nothing changed. My friend told me she was seriously th8nkimg about contacting social services about the kids. They didn’t eat regularly or ever attend school, amd it was the kids that were vandalising the home. But she was reluctant to do it b3cause she feared the reaction she would get. They put the house up for sale. Every time some came for a viewing the noise and trouble was immediate. The elder sons shouting at the prospective buyers. Every evening in the summer months the front garden was full of yobs. My friend and her husband decided to move anyway, regardless if they sold thehouse or not.
One even8ng, late about 11 o’clock a knock at the door. It was the woman next door. Her youngest kid hadn’t come home,he was 7, had they seen him. They hadn’t, so off she went. The next morning a police car was parked outside the house. The child had been found dead. Hit by a train on the tracks where he and his brothers played.
For about three mon5hs following the death the noise abated. My friend actually cooked an even8ng meal every night for the family. Suddenly the house sold. They were delighted. The day after they told the woman threywere moving out the trouble started back up. Almost immediately and in the same form. Vandalism, name calling and the thugs were back in the front garden all night longdrinking and smoking and making noise. She said it was as if the child hadn’t died, everything just reverted back to the past. They moved out one early Sunday morning, everyth8ng thrown in a van and they never looked back. She said she felt guilty not warning the new owners about the problems they had had, but she wanted to flee. About six months later her husband, the fireman was called to a ‘shout’. He found himself attending a fire in his old house. The thugs were out on the street shouting burn baby burn, clearly enjoying themselves. The house burnt to the ground. No one was hurt. It was an arson attack. No one was charged.

• Wow
  • Heart

flutternutter

VIP Member
I was hanging out my washing the other day minding my own business and my neighbour came out his back door and he was on the phone either on FaceTime or loud speaker to his daughter as I could hear her speaking and he said ‘I came home from work last night at 11 and found her lying on the kitchen floor’ and she responded ‘why was she on the floor?!’ And he said ‘she was steaming! I really don’t know what to do I couldn’t lift her up the stairs so left her on the couch, I’m not coming home every day to this’

Why would you have such a private conversation so public and loud?? 🙈 they’re a lovely couple we’ve never had any issues but wow
A neighbour down from us has taken to having private conversations at the side of our house. Its the middle of a heatwave so shes stood about 4 metres from 3 open windows so I've heard all the ins and outs about her husband. Cant say im surprised he looks like a right tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Housing is writing a formal letter to my plant cutting neighbour and the police are coming to visit Saturday for an informal visit. I refuse to have another summer of her BS.

• Heart

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
There needs to be stronger laws regarding bad neighbours. And I don't mean just mildly irritating ones that you don't get on with, the types that party, bump music, drug deal, abuse you if you speak up, fight in the street, keep their homes like a slum, let their kids vandalise and bully other residents etc. They should be slung on the street with no help if they destroy someone's home comforts they've worked hard for. Far too many of these scumbags know exactly how to play the system and make a mockery of it. They wouldn't be so bold if they'd be slung out on the street with nothing.

• Heart

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Caught a neighbour this morning on my camera kicking litter over onto my side 🙄 wtf
My mum caught her neighbour throwing his dog's poo into her garden one day. This had been happening for a while here and there but this was the first time she had caught him in the act. No bad blood between him and my parents - they have been neighbours for over 30 years - although the guy is known to be a bit of an asshole. Anyway, my dad went and had a word and he now throws his dog's poo into the neighbours on the other side instead. Not even joking. My parents have seen him do it.

• Wow
  • Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
What's gets me is the way local authorities seem to tip toe around anti-social neighbours and complaints relating to them.

We had new neighbours move in next door and they overhauled the tatty overgrown front garden. Cut everything back, relaid a new lawn, replaced the crumbling brick wall and added a new gate. It looked fabulous yet within days of completion someone from the council turned up with a clip board and pen saying they should have asked permission for this, that and the other.
Yet near where my sister lives there's a house with an old stained mattress that's been slung in the front garden and its covered in empty beer cans and used nappies and in spite of complaints to the council it's still there three months later.
This is so true. There needs to more done to stop ASBO neighbours ruining people's lives. I'm the same as others in this thread, trying to move from a flat I love because of dickhead neighbours. I gave it a year past lockdown to see if the situation got any better, but it didn't, it got worse. Being a dickhead is now the norm, and police are pretty much a daily sight.

Why can't the noisy, inconsiderate, slobs all go live together somewhere, why let them spread out to affect as many people as possible?! (Horrible sentiment but it's horrible these people are becoming the norm and upsetting so many people with it.)