Northern Ireland #7 Forget armoured cars, tanks n guns …Just deliver the £600 funds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning, sorry went to bed super early.
It's a business that makes prints, they made one for Matthew and essentially used the tragedy to promote themselves.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeah I think a lot of it is in pretty poor taste. I get that people want to feel a connection with things but recently I have seen on Facebook
-tattoo in honour of Noah from someone who doesn’t know him
- someone in a T shirt on holiday saying they had taken him with him
- Christmas baubles
- the blanket that looks nothing like him.

It just feels like grief tourism and actually a bit obsessive, none of this is going to help find out what happens. What they need is for the jury that gets called for the inquest to be 12 people who aren’t obsessed with the case who can think objectively.

Reactions: 9
Not NI but in the news, 2 month old baby died after parents left him in the shed to get peace and quiet during lockdown.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Not NI but in the news, 2 month old baby died after parents left him in the shed to get peace and quiet during lockdown.
I read that Mavis, sickening 😢

Random one but has anyone here ever adopted a child? Considered it? Know someone who’s gone through the adoption process in NI? Something I’ve always wanted to do and now my kids are older I find myself thinking about it more.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Random one but has anyone here ever adopted a child? Considered it? Know someone who’s gone through the adoption process in NI? Something I’ve always wanted to do and now my kids are older I find myself thinking about it more.
There’s a page on Instagram run by 3 sisters who all adopt and foster kids. It’s called love share and foster. They give a very open and honest account and also information about the processes involved. Very selfless and wonderful thing to do ❤

Reactions: 5
Morning, sorry went to bed super early.
It's a business that makes prints, they made one for Matthew and essentially used the tragedy to promote themselves.
Seen this and was shocked. Just a young girl with no sense about her. I’d be fuming and tbh I think the family will be too once this initial shock period wears off and their awful reality sets in :( heart is broke thinking of them all. They’re a very big and very, very close family who I’m sure never thought something like this could ever happen to them

Reactions: 2
You know those memes about turning over in bed and putting your back out because you're old.
Yip.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Haha
You know those memes about turning over in bed and putting your back out because you're old.
Yip.
If u can get physio asap as what starts as a niggle can turn into fully fledged back problems which decide to appear every now and then!
I used to think people with ‘bad backs’ were just moaning.

Reactions: 1

I used to work in a fostering and adoption team. These kids have a LOT of trauma and it’s a massive undertaking. A lot of adoptions now break down due to social media etc

• Sad
They made appeals last night for kids to stay off a lake near omagh. A few mornings ago there were people on another lake in Tyrone.

• Sad
People honestly have zero sense even when tragedy like this in Solihull is the news.

I have to say we grew up fairly close to lough neagh and were never allowed anywhere near it unsupervised spring summer autumn or winter.

Those kids were all so young - 6,8,10 and 11 Bless their poor wee souls
Must have been so scared too

My father came from family where through time there was a generation that revered the Lough and the bounty it bestowed onprevious generations as fishing families. And at the same time held it in great fear of what it was capable of.

I’m still odd with water yet - traumatised by how they all got on yet never thankfully knew any accidents myself

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.