Northern Ireland #7 Forget armoured cars, tanks n guns …Just deliver the £600 funds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ye feck it, sure it's freezing too. Taxi it is. Cheers for the advice!
Sorry I can't help more. I usually go as far as great Victoria Street and hop off there. Grifty is in Belfast she'll have the details 👌
Are you going to visit the markets? If you're here on a Friday st georges is worth a stop for coffee and a bite.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Where did it say the police are treating the death as suspicious? I'm seeing no longer being treated as unexplained, does that not read like it is explained?

Been a long day. Apologies if I'm missing the posts.

I'm an actual simpleton ignore me. Need sleep.
The BT tweeted the police were treating it as unexplained and wanted info about the events leading up to his death ,then deleted it .

Reactions: 1
I really wanted to go to Belfast Xmas markets, I haven’t been to a single market this year, and I’ve the saddest excuse for a tree.
Are they good this year? @BashmentLady if you are going to the markets can you post pics so I can live through you?

lads it’s so cold here, Mr P has taken the day off work as he’s got a bit of a cold and doesn’t want it getting any worse at work apparently it’s “-5 down the hole”. He never takes a day off so must be bad. It does mean he’s here annoying me though, and I can’t catch up on MIC.

on a brighter note, I’m off to Tenerife in 10 days 🌞

• Heart
Was reading housing assoc won't be doing any repairs for those with burst pipes if they can't afford to turn on the heating ,they'll be billed for the damage themselves...Council enforcement officers will be handing out £1000 penalty's to those burning coal and turf because of the pollution ...if they can't afford oil /gas i'd doubt they'll be able to pay a penalty notice or the cost of fixing their home :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Hey there!

Apologies for being a big oul tourist, but could those of you in Belfast/know it well help a confused jackeen, please? I'm getting into Lanyon Place at night and need to get near Botanic. I've always come up in the summer and walked about, so realise I've nae clue about inter city transport. From what I understand, I just stay in the station and get another train from Lanyon Place? And, can you tap on to the train with your phone or need to get a machine/counter ticket? Or is all this fannying about and I'd be better off getting a taxi?

Thanks in advance!
You could just get on the train at Lanyon, next stop is Botanic(you might need to change platforms)you can get off there and pay at the kiosk in the station if a conductor hasn’t got to you before the stop.

Trains aren’t that frequent in the evening/night so might take a while. Check timetable on Translink website. If it’s a long wait I’d just get a taxi or Uber round.

I really wanted to go to Belfast Xmas markets, I haven’t been to a single market this year, and I’ve the saddest excuse for a tree.
Are they good this year? @BashmentLady if you are going to the markets can you post pics so I can live through you?

lads it’s so cold here, Mr P has taken the day off work as he’s got a bit of a cold and doesn’t want it getting any worse at work apparently it’s “-5 down the hole”. He never takes a day off so must be bad. It does mean he’s here annoying me though, and I can’t catch up on MIC.

on a brighter note, I’m off to Tenerife in 10 days 🌞
Christmas market at City Hall is overcrowded and full of tat in my opinion. St George’s Market is better but you’d need to check Belfast city council website for opening times etc.

• Heart
Best thing at the market was Donaghadee scampi, although I haven't made it down yet this year. The flirty French macaroon guy was delicious too but really its a waste of time. Same stuff every year that nobody wants.

Are they good this year?
They are okay but overcrowded. Hard to even get looking at some of the stalls. Same thing just a different year.
I quite like the Laverys beer tent if you get a seat, they don't seem to ram the tit out of that one. The German one just becomes ridiculously overcrowded, people rammed in like sardines and they have no raspberry beer :( The burgers are unreal, from the wee burger stall just as you would come through the main gates. It was actually better during covid though when they restricted the numbers you could allow in xx

I can't understand why they don't have a one way system in the market. I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to see it

Reactions: 5
Ok you’ve all put me off. I normally Galway and have done Belfast a few times. I am in London this year but couldn’t be fucked with winter wonderland. My idea of hell. 😂

• Haha
Ok you’ve all put me off. I normally Galway and have done Belfast a few times. I am in London this year but couldn’t be fucked with winter wonderland. My idea of hell. 😂
Iiiiiittttttsssss shite Pommy. I'm confident even loved up newly weds wouldn't enjoy it.
They bleeping kick you out at 6 on a Sunday too.
And it's cold and nobody here dresses for the cold, Lord only knows why? So it's just miserable people looking at grow your own snow, weird things made out of wood, Russian dolls and a selection of cold meats nobody eats. The few happy people are either legless or enjoy eating kangaroo.

• Haha
Iiiiiittttttsssss shite Pommy. I'm confident even loved up newly weds wouldn't enjoy it.
And it's cold and nobody here dresses for the cold, Lord only knows why? So it's just miserable people looking at grow your own snow, weird things made out of wood, Russian dolls and a selection of cold meats nobody eats. The few happy people are either legless or enjoy eating kangaroo.
duck it I’ll just get legless at home.

• Haha
I can't understand why they don't have a one way system in the market. I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to see it
It would be so much better if they did that. Complete madness at times in it. Yet I keep going but I just love the food 😂

It’s definitely not a patch on any other cities. It’s just the same as every other year. And that German beer tent stinks to high heavens. The strawberry beer is nice though.
I loved winter wonderland a few years ago but again it’s just overpriced food and drinks whilst freezing to death.
i say all this then I end up going:ROFLMAO:

I don’t think I’ve even seen a more accurate description in my life :D

• Haha
Is it bad taste to use the death of a child or indeed any death to promote a business?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.