Northern Ireland #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It honestly fucks with my head that the DUP supported Brexit. Makes you think there were dark forces at play. My uncle is a massive republican and he also supported Brexit because he saw it as hastening a UI. I wonder did they support it in the hope it would never happen?

I don't want stormont back. Don't want anything to do with these twats.
They supported Brexit because they never thought it would be a leave vote and thought it made them look very British indeed.

In reality it was a case of turkeys voting for Christmas and now they've realised their own stupid mistake and are throwing a duck tonne of toys out of the pram.

Reactions: 8
They thought they’d get a hard border and they’d isolate north from south. They got the opposite. Now instead of embracing this WF and trying to make NI staying within the UK an attractive prospect for voters of every colour, they’re going to shoot themselves in the foot again.
And of course the bottom line is the thought of power sharing with Michelle O’Neill as FM is killing them. Remember they have to “hold their noses” to work with Sinn Fein. They’re being eaten alive by their own bitterness and too blind to see it.

Reactions: 8
We would just sing 🎶 up your hole with a big jam roll do dah ! do dah ! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The framework might not go through. Might be better for the nationalist community if it doesn't, the threats of violence from PUL leaders should be taken seriously. I'm sure none of us want innocent people killed because people aren't getting their own way. It's probably best to give them everything they want, outlaw the Irish language, tamper with the voting system, perhaps even make nationalists wear something that identifies them sewn onto clothes.
Might sound redic, reality check time...its what they want.

The framework might not go through. Might be better for the nationalist community if it doesn't, the threats of violence from PUL leaders should be taken seriously. I'm sure none of us want innocent people killed because people aren't getting their own way. It's probably best to give them everything they want, outlaw the Irish language, tamper with the voting system, perhaps even make nationalists wear something that identifies them sewn onto clothes.
Yeah, soon we’ll have to cancel the tricolour and have T painted on our doors…meanwhile Unionist politicians pose under a contentious flag minutes away from the murder of innocent Catholics …
D2C3741E-C080-47E8-88F1-6F4F658DA4DC.jpeg

---
Course they are
1623703A-F7A8-41CC-A470-9B993451578D.jpeg

Reactions: 4
The days of Nationalists being 2nd class citizens are over. Threats of a return to the bad old days reek of desperation. It’s the only card they have left. They should just stick to drug dealing and loan sharking.

As for the WF I don’t understand what the DUP want? It’s like a divorce settlement, both parties have to compromise and nobody gets everything they want. Why would the EU make any more concessions than they already have and what makes the DUP think they can force their hand? They are completely deluded.

Reactions: 10
I don't think it'll get through which is a pity because Brussels have made a lot of concessions for us.
If it doesn't, what we get will be considerably worse.
I do wonder if the DUP strategy is to run us completely into the ground, you could argue that's the Tory strategy too.
Everyone should be against the DUP and they shouldn't be the voice of unionism but here we are.
They don't care about anyone in NI they're entirely self serving, all of our futures hang on their demands.

Reactions: 5

So what’s the plan then Jamie? You hate the Windsor Framework but think it would be better to not form an executive, have direct rule and hand full control to the very government who negotiated said Windsor Framework. Then when the Tories decide to impose water charges on us everyone can blame the DUP. Keep up the good work 👏😂

Why are they letting a taxi rank dispatcher dictate how we live our lives 🙄…If it’s bloodshed they want I’m sure they’ll get it ,let’s hope they’re prepared….

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hope it gets through Westminster and I hope power sharing remains suspended and joint authority comes in. I think the framework is great for NI and I think the DUP hold us back from reaching our potential.

Convinced he knows something. There’s no other explanation in my eyes 🤷🏼‍♀️
They forgot they really are in the minority now, not only with our people but by governments across the world.
---
Glad more people are calling him out

Direct rule ensures their British identity remains intact. They've done this before ffs, tried and tested.
They'll yap about joint authority next and the Irish government will step back because they've no time for this. Could you blame them?

Reactions: 3
The dogs on the street know there’s collusion ,it’s not like it’s a surprise ! so let him confirm it, we’re all here for it…Who the duck will care if they’re exposed as the cretins they truly are 🤷🏼‍♀️we’ve known it for years let the world see what they’re truly about 👌
---
They’re putting out their buntings ready for the big showdown 😂

---

• Haha
Reactions: 3

So what’s the plan then Jamie? You hate the Windsor Framework but think it would be better to not form an executive, have direct rule and hand full control to the very government who negotiated said Windsor Framework. Then when the Tories decide to impose water charges on us everyone can blame the DUP. Keep up the good work 👏😂
He's frighteningly thick. No harm meant but why are the DUP being influenced by this muppet. Does he think devolution serves nationalist interests? No, it serves the interests of everyone and probably even more so unionists as it shows NI can function within the union. If direct rule comes in then Westminster will bulldoze through unionist concerns. Sure didn't they bring in the ILA? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Westminster don’t want to govern us we’re too much bother 😂 the Unionists will lose their special status, have to abide by the same rules as the rest of the UK where equality rules, hate preaching is a crime as is enforcing terrorist propaganda….Bring it on 😂

• Haha
Nolan gave him a platform. BBC gave him a platform. He has a consultancy role for the DUP, shares a platform with that party and the TUV.
He is the spokesman for loyalism. He's the director of Centre for the Union. He runs a legal firm and issues press releases for crimes committed by unionists. He can't be separated from political parties he speaks for them and in doing so is representative of unionist views.
Am I wrong?
---
Screenshot_20230316-200406_Twitter.jpg
They're voting against it. Seriously?

Last edited:
  • Haha
First day back in the office after having last week off - these bloody emails!!

Someone had the cheek to email me on Monday and then email again on Thursday asking why I hadn't replied to them - erm you should've read my ooo email!!

Okay rage over - I got fantastic news that my cousin gave birth this morning to a healthy baby boy ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.