Northern Ireland #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good man Fiachra, a very dignified response, similar to the Harte/McAreavey families. I don't know how they do it, but then I'm a shoot from the hip kinda gal.

Reactions: 6
Imagine being Jim though, “if I’m remembered for anything I hope it’s this speech”. A speech about hatred, not anything he achieved in politics then. Ok 👍😂

What about this other speech of yours wee Jim?
---
ETA: not sure why I addressed that post directly to Jim as if he reads Tattle. He should though cause we’re good craic and he’s a miserable old bastard.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
I can’t even click on that one @monga butvis it just me or do we have a massive amount of sicko sex offenders for such a small place. Seems like every few days there is another one.

Reactions: 5
I can’t even click on that one @monga butvis it just me or do we have a massive amount of sicko sex offenders for such a small place. Seems like every few days there is another one.
It’s a historical case not that it matters, maybe they just report on them more here? Or else it’s a nation of sickos and the guns should be put to better use.
---
FCBB75FE-5553-479C-9BEB-C490B418916B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Probably a lot come from being sexually repressed by religion, both sides of the divide here have a big choke hold compared to for example England.
I work in the area of law and order (not psni!!) and a lot of the sexually motivated crimes (esp historical ones) seem to come from deeply religious families.
Obviously could be coincidence but difficult to overlook when you see the family background

Thank you, this is what I'm using. Tis good.
---

Thank you grifty x.
It’s awful, took me a good 6-8 weeks to get over it, no exercise at all. I had it on my right side, if it had been on the left I definitely would have thought it was heart attack 😂

• Sad
Probably a lot come from being sexually repressed by religion, both sides of the divide here have a big choke hold compared to for example England.
I work in the area of law and order (not psni!!) and a lot of the sexually motivated crimes (esp historical ones) seem to come from deeply religious families.
Obviously could be coincidence but difficult to overlook when you see the family background
honestly I think a lot of the sexual abuse that happened in the Catholic Church was down to this. I don't think there's a naturally high % of priests who are born sexual predators but I think if you forbid/ban/deny natural human instincts then it comes out somewhere else down the line in a much more sinister and covert way

I don’t see why a married man would have that problem ? there’s always calls to let priests marry. I think predators like the feeling of control as much as the sexual gratification, maybe even more so.

I don’t see why a married man would have that problem ? there’s always calls to let priests marry. I think predators like the feeling of control as much as the sexual gratification, maybe even more so.
sorry Monga my comment wasn't about that case in particular - just an observation of how a lot of seemingly religious people somehow end up committing awful crimes usually of a sexual nature.

I agree that a married man should obviously be fulfilling his sexual desires consensually with this wife. however maybe there is an argument that if you are religious, sex still isn't something to be "enjoyed" as such, more just as a way of procreating children of God. so kinks/fantasties etc are therefore repressed and could be why they try to fulfil them outside of their marriages

I was involved in a bit of a tit storm for questioning CP around a priest. I think I'm excommunicated as a result. I know I was right though so that's something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'd still like to understand the relationship between Donaldson, Bryson and Nolan.
I don't know if any of you are long time listeners to Nolan but I remember something clearly, same sex marriage was being discussed, Jamie was being himself and objecting, Nolan was laughing at him when Jamie warned he could release unsavoury info on him. Laughing stopped. Jamie then had a very regular slot on both Nolans platforms here.
We know he has made it known Poots has/had pacts with loyalist paramilitaries. I just can't see Donaldson having a genuine friendship with him yet they're pictured in a cafe.
Essentially Bryson likes threatening others.
If that has happened its effected us all.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Alliance are voting yes and the SDLP are undecided, that’s exactly why Eastwood isn’t popular, all talk and no action…SDLP ended with Hume.

Reactions: 4
Alliance are voting yes and the SDLP are undecided, that’s exactly why Eastwood isn’t popular, all talk and no action…SDLP ended with Hume.
It's only the stormont break they have issue with not the framework. The break is a problematic. I think that's what today's vote relates to but I'm open to correction.
They can see how it will be open to abuse and leave us in this situation time and time again.
They'll probably abstain.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.