Northern Ireland #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a young unionist tell me that Northern Ireland was created because catholics were killing them.
True story. They just make tit up.
Honestly, I think most of them must realise how unfair society was for Catholics. They must.

Reactions: 6
I had a young unionist tell me that Northern Ireland was created because catholics were killing them.
Honestly, I think most of them must realise how unfair society was for Catholics. They must.
Just find it terribly ironic that 6 years after his death and after everything he achieved in politics the likes of Jim still refer to him as Martin McGuinness IRA. How come we never hear Jeffrey Donaldson UDR? No he’s known as The Right Honourable Sir Jeffrey Donaldson MP.

Reactions: 5
Binlid acknowledged it lastnight when he said Unionists wouldn’t accept being 2nd class citizens…

Reactions: 4
Honestly in my experience Mavis a lot believed Catholics deserved sub standard treatment just for being born. I don’t even blame them completely, some major brainwashing, misconceptions and downright lies purported as fact by people with influence. A bit like the hatred Jamie spouts daily and he’s given a platform and some people believe every word he says. And so it continues.

Arlene nearly came across as human when she attended McGuinesses funeral but it was too much to expect that to continue , even after they tit all over her she’s back licking their arse…Bloods thicker than water, always remember that.

Its says in the GFA small print that if there's a cafflic first minister all the nationalists get to eat the pradasant babies so it does 😂

• Haha
Wonder how Eileen Paisley feels about all this ,I’m sure even with the hand of peace extended by her husband her Unionist beliefs/roots would still hold strong.

Reactions: 3
I honestly have never been more lost or embarrassed in what the hell is going on in this country. My husband and I when we do sit down to watch the news are complete shocked at how these people in so called power get on. We’re in a mixed marriage but don’t really have views either way, just more the mindset of get the shitstirrers out and get everything back up and running for the good of the country.
I am also surrounded by family members of high up DUP leaders in both work and where we live and honestly am disgusted at how they get on, openly voice their opinions when no one cares and generally seem brainwashed to all say the same thing 🤦🏽‍♀️ the worst about it is, it seems like these family members are all assisted by the DUP in some way financially, mainly in the form of jobs, yet know even less than me 🙄

Ive probably learn more from you guys over the last few days on what’s actually going on 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
In the interests of transparency. I do believe Mr Allister was a member of the DUP when ulster resistance was formed, yes I think I'm right.
UR riled up unionists and loyalists alike and secured weapons for the UDA and UVF. Of course they were also aided by British military and intel.
An uncomfortable history for a sanctimonious hypocritical bigot I'm sure. Have you no shame or self respect Jim.

In the interests of transparency. I do believe Mr Allister was a member of the DUP when ulster resistance was formed, yes I think I'm right.
UR riled up unionists and loyalists alike and secured weapons for the UDA and UVF. Of course they were also aided by British military and intel.
An uncomfortable history for a sanctimonious hypocritical bigot I'm sure. Have you no shame or self respect Jim.
But Sinn Fein!!!

• Haha
Um yeah SF are on record saying there was no alternative 🤷‍♀️ that's their position. Slightly better than being a lying hypocritical bunch of outraged po faced cunts.

• Haha
If it goes back to direct rule and there’s no special status for Unionists does that mean this contentious statue will be removed in line with all those that were taken down on the mainland 😁
C5D563DF-8A9C-411C-814F-185ED4BA52C7.jpeg

My only issue with Carson is what he did to Wilde, I'm sure he had more in him and we never got to enjoy it. Surprise surprise some academics believe he was closeted himself. Carson has been piggybacked by the likes of Paisley but he wasn't anything like him.

Reactions: 2
It’s not the man it’s the statue and everything it represents.

It’s not the man it’s the statue and everything it represents.
That's the thing Carson would have hated what his statue represents. He's been turned into a bit of a myth by revisionists. Craig was the negative influence on him and this place, I'd like to see his statue removed.

That's the thing Carson would have hated what his statue represents. He's been turned into a bit of a myth by revisionists. Craig was the negative influence on him and this place, I'd like to see his statue removed.
He has and that’s the unfortunate thing, he only represents one section of the community ( for many) he doesn’t represent a progressive NI .

He has and that’s the unfortunate thing, he only represents one section of the community ( for many) he doesn’t represent a progressive NI .
Very true, but..... 😂
Carson was an Irish man, his idea of unionism was very different from todays version, he warned against segregation and alienating catholics, he warned it would lead to instability and a war that unionism or "ulster protestants" could never win or sustain and he was right. I like looking at the view of stormont knowing that. When you know that he represents everyone and he foretold everything.
He pursued Wilde like a dog though and for that (n)
Just my opinion Monga 😆

Very true, but..... 😂
Carson was an Irish man, his idea of unionism was very different from todays version, he warned against segregation and alienating catholics, he warned it would lead to instability and a war that unionism or "ulster protestants" could never win or sustain and he was right. I like looking at the view of stormont knowing that. When you know that he represents everyone and he foretold everything.
He pursued Wilde like a dog though and for that (n)
Just my opinion Monga 😆
When the Second World war started, the Prime Minister of NI first priority was not building shelters, securing buildings etc. it was making sure that the statue of Carson was looked after. Priorities!!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.